Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 11:54 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
An average 7 month (not year) old boy needs 668 calories per day. Starvation diets are a poor way to lose weight. They cause metabolic issues that should be avoided.
I don't think it's any question that any PSMF diet is very extreme. Even the author himself basically states in the preface that he'd rather people use a more reasonable approach to dieting but since he knows that people want to lose it faster (for a variety of reasons) he wanted to create a reasonably safe and effective way of doing so, versus looney stuff like the HCG diet. And yes, there is a concern about metabolic slowdown and the like. The RFL handbook discusses it at length as well as providing guidelines to alleviate and counteract the issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 06:54 AM

1,015 posts, read 2,423,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
Can I just say THANK YOU good sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
The only people I can imagine actually having their caloric intake that low would be women already small in stature. All the diet values are set up by lean body weight/height and when I used it my calorie intake was never any lower than about 900.
Sir, I just don't even know what to say but thank you again.

Edit again: FYI for anyone I'm not against doing things the "right way" however mentally I will admit after months on end of seeing little to no results anyone gets a bit frustrated and desperate. Seeing some type of progress would encourage me to keep going. I personally don't see anything wrong with a "jump start."

Last edited by WildnFree; 04-28-2016 at 07:06 AM..

Old 04-29-2016, 05:06 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,388,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Unless you have some sort of metabolic disorder there is no reason why you would not lose weight eating 1200 - 1500 calories a day and exercising. If you were not losing before it is because you were eating too much and underestimating your caloric intake.
One to two pounds a week is ideal for long term weight loss. Write down everything you eat. Use My Fitness Pal or Spark People. Elevate your heat rate when you exercise during aerobic and anaerobic workouts.

800 calories a day is not sustainable for the long run.
Some shorter and older people only need 1200-1500 calories a day. I only burn about 1500-1800 calories a day, so I have to eat less than I used to. I used to be able to eat 2500 calories a day and not gain weight, but age and other issues caught up to me.

However, eating under 1200 calories is very dangerous and the weight will rebound quickly. VLCD or very low calorie diets should never be undertaken without a physician's approval.

Old 06-26-2017, 08:50 AM

1 posts, read 861 times
I am going on a trip for a week and on hcg diet and was wondering if I could eat nutra system on the go you buy at wal mart and eat up to 500 cal a day?

Old 06-26-2017, 01:11 PM

37,112 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndylou0520 View Post
I am going on a trip for a week and on hcg diet and was wondering if I could eat nutra system on the go you buy at wal mart and eat up to 500 cal a day?
Read the whole thread. The HCG diet is a scam. You should not be eating only 500 calories per day. It is not enough. Whatever weight you lose you will just regain.

Old 06-26-2017, 01:21 PM

983 posts, read 1,180,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Read the whole thread. The HCG diet is a scam. You should not be eating only 500 calories per day. It is not enough. Whatever weight you lose you will just regain.
I just briefly googled hcg diet as I had never heard of this

Seems like a really bad idea and its sad that someone would think this is a viable or healthy approach to drop some weight.

Its not like there are not a bunch of other proven and healthy / normal options to lose weight fairly rapidly if that is your short term goal.

Heck I would even think liposuction ( as extreme as that is ) is a better alternative than hcg being injected into you.

Wow ... just WOW

Old 06-26-2017, 01:32 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,817,400 times
I cannot believe their are still people who are willing to try HCG.

Old 06-27-2017, 08:00 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,491,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
I cannot believe their are still people who are willing to try HCG.
I still see ads for hcg tablets. I'm sure those are even more ineffective than the shots. People are desperate, they'll try anything.

Old 06-27-2017, 09:10 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,817,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I still see ads for hcg tablets. I'm sure those are even more ineffective than the shots. People are desperate, they'll try anything.
If people just applied some common sense they would know to avoid any get skinny quick scheme. All anyone has to do is realize that if there were an effective way to lose weight quickly in a healthy manner that did not include starvation or harmful drugs and also allowed people to keep the weight off, there would be no fat people! It would be front page news and it would be sold everywhere.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:23 AM

1,065 posts, read 597,490 times
Op, Hcg is a great tool to getting yourself well again and correcting lepid resistance. I hope all goes well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss