Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2016, 12:28 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,557,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie4uk View Post
I just completed the HCG diet and it does work if you follow it correctly. Like you do have to do the 2 gorge days and you do need to do the maintenance after the 500 calorie period. I lost 20 lbs this time. I did this about 3 years ago and lost 18 lbs the first time and did it a second time and lost an additional 15 pounds. I kept it off for 3 years and am now trying to lose the last 25 lbs. I never had any side effects and as long as you stick with the foods on the list you will stop craving the sweets and fats after the first week. A big thing too is you need to drink at lease 80 ounces of water per day because that is what flushes out the fat that is being released by the HCG. If you are not going to follow it completely don't waste your money but if you are willing to, then YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT. Oh, and you do need to get the prescription kind from a place that has a medically supervised otherwise it isn't the real thing.
If you eat less than your body burns, you WILL LOSE WEIGHT. The HCG had nothing to do with it. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2016, 01:34 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,904,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie4uk View Post
I just completed the HCG diet and it does work if you follow it correctly. Like you do have to do the 2 gorge days and you do need to do the maintenance after the 500 calorie period. I lost 20 lbs this time. I did this about 3 years ago and lost 18 lbs the first time and did it a second time and lost an additional 15 pounds. I kept it off for 3 years and am now trying to lose the last 25 lbs. I never had any side effects and as long as you stick with the foods on the list you will stop craving the sweets and fats after the first week. A big thing too is you need to drink at lease 80 ounces of water per day because that is what flushes out the fat that is being released by the HCG. If you are not going to follow it completely don't waste your money but if you are willing to, then YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT. Oh, and you do need to get the prescription kind from a place that has a medically supervised otherwise it isn't the real thing.

Anyone can lose weight over the short term. Real success is measured in years of maintaining a healthy weight.

The OP needs to come back to this thread and let us know how the weight loss program has worked for her now that it is 6 years later.

Last edited by Just A Guy; 03-22-2016 at 01:43 PM..

Old 03-22-2016, 09:30 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,250,592 times
Everything works in the short term.

I did lose about 40 lbs.

I've had 2 babies since then ... and I have gained all the weight back.

I didn't gain it all back just because of my pregnancies. I don't eat healthy. Plain and simple.

I attribute having to remove my gall bladder from the rapid weight loss. Some people may argue it is from my pregnancy. I can't prove either way.

I'm done with dieting. HCG and any low-calorie diet works in the short term. It's the long term results you need to focus on. This one didn't do it. At least not for me.

I just want to find a way to eat healthy and stay healthy. I need to do it ... now not just for myself but for my kids.

Old 03-23-2016, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
Everything works in the short term.

I did lose about 40 lbs.

I've had 2 babies since then ... and I have gained all the weight back.

I didn't gain it all back just because of my pregnancies. I don't eat healthy. Plain and simple.

I attribute having to remove my gall bladder from the rapid weight loss. Some people may argue it is from my pregnancy. I can't prove either way.

I'm done with dieting. HCG and any low-calorie diet works in the short term. It's the long term results you need to focus on. This one didn't do it. At least not for me.

I just want to find a way to eat healthy and stay healthy. I need to do it ... now not just for myself but for my kids.

Another story from the trenches and more evidence on why fad weight loss schemes almost never work.

You are right. It is the long term results that matter. Very few people who go on any "diet" or crazy weight loss scheme will be at a healthy weight five years later.

As far as the gallbladder, who knows. But I remember thinking that this screwy fad was going to do some serious damage to people who tried to stick with it.

We know what works. There are decades of evidence for this. People want fast, "easy" results though. That is why there will always be fad rip-off weight loss schemes, some of which are more unhealthy than others.

Thanks for the update.

Old 03-29-2016, 09:12 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,469,880 times
I was in my Doctors office a few weeks ago (it's a mix of Homeopathic and Western Medicine type of place) and I saw they had leaflets for HCG. I had heard of it but didn't know exactly what it was so I read the details. I could not believe they were promoting this diet.
Made me think twice about seeing this Doctor.

Old 03-29-2016, 10:11 AM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
I was in my Doctors office a few weeks ago (it's a mix of Homeopathic and Western Medicine type of place) and I saw they had leaflets for HCG. I had heard of it but didn't know exactly what it was so I read the details. I could not believe they were promoting this diet.
Made me think twice about seeing this Doctor.
Homeopathy is a scam, too. Sounds like a good place to avoid altogether.

Old 03-29-2016, 10:39 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Homeopathy is a scam, too. Sounds like a good place to avoid altogether.
Homeopathy is not a scam. However it is not usually employed by mainstream medicine. In the right hands it can work wonder. Not a placebo effect. It is worth discussing in alt.med. because there isn't sufficient funding or motivation -profit-to study it. I have never heard of it being used for dieting. That does a bit suspicious.

Old 03-29-2016, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Homeopathy is not a scam. However it is not usually employed by mainstream medicine. In the right hands it can work wonder. Not a placebo effect. It is worth discussing in alt.med. because there isn't sufficient funding or motivation -profit-to study it. I have never heard of it being used for dieting. That does a bit suspicious.

Please point to research studies published in peer reviewed scientific journals that show the efficacy of homeopathy.

Old 03-29-2016, 11:37 AM

Here's a link to a review of literature pointing to it not working

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/20402610/

Here's a paper on why it probably doesn't work from a scientific basis:

Homeopathy and Science

Old 03-29-2016, 11:56 AM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
This is not alt med, and the theory behind homeopathy is totally discredited. It is absolutely incompatible with what we know about the science of physics.

https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org...nanoparticles/

Anyone who sells homeopathic products is free to do studies about them. They are the ones making money from them. Unfortunately, when they do them, they are poorly designed and usually contain too small a number of subjects to be useful in drawing conclusions.

There have been a few, though. Here's one:

A New And Refreshingly Rigorous Trial Of Homeopathy

A homeopathic remedy was no better than placebo for chemotherapy induced nausea and vomiting.

Of course there are homeopathic products for weight loss. Any of them will work if combined with an energy restricted diet and exercise, just like HCG. Of course, the diet and exercise work just as well without them, just like they do without HCG.

Trivia question:

How do you tell the difference between two homeopathic preparations?

Answer:

Only by the label.

Answer from Kate Chatfield, senior lecturer in homeopathy at the University of Central Lancashire, and representing the Society of Homeopaths, in evidence given to the House of Lords Select Committee on Science and Technology in February 2007.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss