Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2011, 07:19 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksoden View Post
I don't think anyone knows about the long term effects of this use
We know that a 500 calorie per day diet is unsafe.

Quote:
but it is a chance you take when ingesting many types of supplements.
Won't speak for anyone else but all of my supplements are safe.

Quote:
Also, the fats stores being pulled into the blood stream are supposed to compensate for the lack of calories.
Except that doesn't happen and study after study shows HCG is no more effective than a placebo.

Quote:
What I don't understand is why all the animosity toward those who have had good experiences with HCG?
Most of the ones who post here claiming to have great results are simply spam bots. The rest are pushing a dangerous diet that has been proven ineffective.

Quote:
I am also wondering whether you are over weight and whether you have tried the diet?
No and No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 07:41 PM

7 posts, read 11,963 times
Check on this link. It provides an alternative view of the scientific studies.

Real Medical Research on the HCG Weight Loss Diet

Old 07-07-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Check on this link. It provides an alternative view of the scientific studies.

Real Medical Research on the HCG Weight Loss Diet
LOL WUT? Did you even read this?

Quote:
Before you embark on any HCG program, you must arm yourself with Dr. Clark's objective scientific analysis of the HCG
weight loss phenomenon. This program is not new, and it is not revolutionary. Get his latest report, "Myths and Truths About HCG Weight Loss," at BestHCGWeightLoss.com
There is NOTHING objective or scientific about this. This is a shill paper with no listed author, probably because chances are Dr. Clark wrote this.

And guess what, not only does it direct people to his website, he sells and promotes the HCG Diet! Yep, real objective stuff there!

Oh, and this Dr. Clark has his Ph.D in botany.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:05 PM

I did. The point is that quality of research varies and regardless of what is stated in those old studies, it is working for many people.

I have nothing to sell and found that you can buy HCG for as little as $15 on Amazon and get a book for $5. However, I am glad to see that there are still concerned citizens who care about the dieters of America. It is wonderful that you care so much!

Last edited by ksoden; 07-07-2011 at 08:27 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 07-07-2011, 08:11 PM

Why so passionate if you have not tried it? What made you interested in HCG?

Old 07-07-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
I did. The point is that quality of research varies
And yet not a single legitimate study has come out in support of this diet.

Quote:
and regardless of what is stated in those old studies, it is working for many people.
There is no disputing that a 500 calorie diet will cause you to lose weight.

Quote:
Why so passionate if you have not tried it?
I'm passionate about helping steer people away from unhealthy scam diets.

Quote:
What made you interested in HCG?
It's just one of the many scams that pop up around here.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:30 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times
Quote:
Not a liar and hopefully I have a few goods years left, without organ failure. I don't think anyone knows about the long term effects of this use but it is a chance you take when ingesting many types of supplements. Also, the fats stores being pulled into the blood stream are supposed to compensate for the lack of calories.

What I don't understand is why all the animosity toward those who have had good experiences with HCG? I am also wondering whether you are over weight and whether you have tried the diet? Can we do some positive info sharing?
There is plenty of research and conclusions about the effects of a 500-calorie diet. Scientists and medical professionals have done decades upon decades of research, perhaps you could consider it hundreds of years in fact, on the effects of starvation in third-world countries and in poverty-stricken areas of urban cities.

The conclusion: Eating 500 calories of ANYTHING, for any significant length of time, will result in organ failure and death.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:06 PM

12 posts, read 18,393 times
Question Shots vs Drops

Has any of you tried both ? The injections and the shots ? (not together but at some point ) if so , which did you try ?

Old 07-11-2011, 04:52 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,013,387 times
hasn't HCG caused heart attacks in some people? other than that I think it's worthless.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:43 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
hasn't HCG caused heart attacks in some people? other than that I think it's worthless.
No evidence that HCG will causer a heart attack. It just does nothing to help weight loss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss