Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2011, 05:01 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,903,258 times

Advertisements

The FDA maybe not be perfect, but what government office is? And it is COMPLETELY essential to regulate foods, baby formulas,drugs, supplements, animal foods, etc. Otherwise I cannot imagine the type of additives that would be used, regardless of danger, just to save a buck by corporations. Calling them a fraud is the ridiculous comment, they do QUITE a bit of good, nor is it the complete point of my prior posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I won't get into HCG at all (don't know; don't care), but don't use such ridiculous arguments... A fraud announcing something else is a fraud is hardly convincing.

Last edited by Davachka; 04-13-2011 at 05:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 02:19 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
The FDA maybe not be perfect, but what government office is? And it is COMPLETELY essential to regulate foods, baby formulas,drugs, supplements, animal foods, etc. Otherwise I cannot imagine the type of additives that would be used, regardless of danger, just to save a buck by corporations. Calling them a fraud is the ridiculous comment, they do QUITE a bit of good, nor is it the complete point of my prior posting.
You might want to read some on the subject!

fda monsanto revolving door - Google Search

Old 04-13-2011, 05:33 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
So can anyone on the hcg diet tell me if they lost actual fat or muscle?
Also,I want to start the hcg diet in May as my current plan,which consist of a 1200 cal diet and 6 days a week on the elliptical isn't working,I'm only losing a pound a week.

I know my packet says you could walk while on the diet,but anyone lift weights?
Did you people on the hcg diet feel once you lost the weight "skinny fat"?

Old 04-13-2011, 06:19 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Also,I want to start the hcg diet in May as my current plan,which consist of a 1200 cal diet and 6 days a week on the elliptical isn't working,I'm only losing a pound a week.

You're headed for disaster if you try to do any legitimate exercise on a 500 calorie/day diet.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:50 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
You're headed for disaster if you try to do any legitimate exercise on a 500 calorie/day diet.
She's headed for disaster by just going on the diet.

I mean seriously, what more needs to be said about this awful diet convince people that its one of the most harmful and ineffective diets ever invented? What goes through a person's mind to actually consider this?

Old 04-13-2011, 10:34 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:

HCG does not work. Just forget about it. If you are losing a pound per week, your plan is working!!!!

Just keep doing what you are doing!

If you go on 500 calories per day, you will lose muscle. Your body will be burning muscle because you are not taking in enough energy (calories) to fuel the body processes even if you did nothing but lie in bed.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:39 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I won't get into HCG at all (don't know; don't care), but don't use such ridiculous arguments... A fraud announcing something else is a fraud is hardly convincing.
What would the FDA gain by fraudulently calling HCG a scam?

Wouldn't someone have to bribe them to do so? Who?

And studies have been done world-wide. The one study that apparently did show it worked has never been duplicated. All HCG does is to allow the people who sell it to make a fistful of money. It is an extremely expensive placebo.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:31 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,484,326 times
Quote:

1 to 2 lbs is normal weight loss on a healthy diet. 1,200 calories a day is average which is good. Make sure you drink a lot of water.

Don't exercise on HCG....don't do HCG. Read all the comments above. The diet is unhealthy. You are starving yourself. Of course you are losing all muscle.

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:42 AM

42 posts, read 85,197 times
Quote:

A pound a week is a safe, reasonable amount of weight loss. You didn't gain it all overnight and you shouldn't expect to lose it that quickly either.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:46 AM

42 posts, read 85,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
HCG does not work. Just forget about it. If you are losing a pound per week, your plan is working!!!!

Just keep doing what you are doing!

If you go on 500 calories per day, you will lose muscle. Your body will be burning muscle because you are not taking in enough energy (calories) to fuel the body processes even if you did nothing but lie in bed.
It takes about 500 calories per day just to power the brain alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss