Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2011, 06:15 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Good grief,I just read hcg and other very low calorie diets could trigger ventricular fibrillation. That causes the lower chambers of the heart to be beat up to 550 beats per minute while the upper chambers beat normally. It can also cause sudden death.

And me,knowing all of this,am still interested in the diet. When you been the butt of cruel jokes and feel lousy. Most of my youth I've been large. It seems plenty of people have tried it and didn't die.

What I would like to know is why can't someone eat 1000 calories but exercise 500 calories off to get the same result?
If you're in bad enough shape that people comment, and you feel lousy, you should be getting diet advice from a doctor and registered nutritionist. Not from strangers on an internet forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 09:53 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Good grief,I just read hcg and other very low calorie diets could trigger ventricular fibrillation. That causes the lower chambers of the heart to be beat up to 550 beats per minute while the upper chambers beat normally. It can also cause sudden death.

And me,knowing all of this,am still interested in the diet. When you been the butt of cruel jokes and feel lousy. Most of my youth I've been large. It seems plenty of people have tried it and didn't die.

What I would like to know is why can't someone eat 1000 calories but exercise 500 calories off to get the same result?
It is difficult for most people to devote the time needed to burn 500 extra calories per day.

A combination of a reasonable diet - no less than 1200 calories per day for a woman - with exercise (some cardio, some strength training) will do it. Dividing the calories into 5 or 6 feedings helps. You know that by the time you get hungry, you'll be able to eat.

The myth is that you can lose a pound per day. There is no healthy way to do that.

The main reason not to use HCG is that it does not work.

The main reason not to use the HCG diet plan (with or without HCG) is that it is unhealthy and potentially dangerous.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:10 AM

189 posts, read 566,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
It is difficult for most people to devote the time needed to burn 500 extra calories per day.

A combination of a reasonable diet - no less than 1200 calories per day for a woman - with exercise (some cardio, some strength training) will do it. Dividing the calories into 5 or 6 feedings helps. You know that by the time you get hungry, you'll be able to eat.

The myth is that you can lose a pound per day. There is no healthy way to do that.

The main reason not to use HCG is that it does not work.

The main reason not to use the HCG diet plan (with or without HCG) is that it is unhealthy and potentially dangerous.
How did you do on the diet Suzy? No success?

How do you know it's unsafe and doesn't work if you don't try it?

Old 04-26-2011, 12:50 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Woods View Post
How did you do on the diet Suzy? No success?

How do you know it's unsafe and doesn't work if you don't try it?
I have no desire (or need) to try it.

I don't have to jump out of an airplane ten thousand feet in the air with no parachute to know that would be unsafe.

HCG does not promote weight loss and will not prevent hunger in someone who takes in only 500 calories per day. Multiple studies have been done in which neither the dieters nor the people supervising the dieters knew who got HCG and who did not get HCG have shown that the people in both groups lost the same amount of weight and had the same degree of hunger. That proves HCG does not work. The very low calorie intake does cause weight loss. All HCG does is make money --- lots of money --- for the charlatans who sell it.

An energy intake of 500 calories per day is too low to fuel basic metabolic needs. That promotes muscle loss. A significant portion of the weight loss at intake less than about 1200 calories per day for women and 1500 calories per day for men is muscle loss, not fat. That further reduces the basal metabolic rate and sets the dieter up to regain weight when s/he goes off the diet --- and at a lower caloric intake than when the weight was gained before the diet.

Old 06-06-2011, 09:18 PM

30 posts, read 89,992 times
I am on a 1200 calorie low glycemic index food plan and take the HCG sublingual drops (not homeopathic) that have twice the strength of HCG by injection prescribed by my physician. The cost is $69 for 30 days. I've lost 6 lbs. in 5 days. I am not on the Dr. Simeon protocol. My doctor says the average patient loses 15-23 lbs in 30 days using HCG and following a 1200 calorie low glycemic diet and incorporating exercise.

So for the 2 or 3 naysayers that think I'm here to peddle something, please note that I'm no newby here and I have no agenda except to share my experience.

Old 06-06-2011, 09:42 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
HCG Diet is spamming my FB. That alone tells me it's lame. Eat less, move more.

Old 06-06-2011, 09:54 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,988,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msblossom View Post
I am on a 1200 calorie low glycemic index food plan and take the HCG sublingual drops (not homeopathic) that have twice the strength of HCG by injection prescribed by my physician. The cost is $69 for 30 days. I've lost 6 lbs. in 5 days. I am not on the Dr. Simeon protocol. My doctor says the average patient loses 15-23 lbs in 30 days using HCG and following a 1200 calorie low glycemic diet and incorporating exercise.

So for the 2 or 3 naysayers that think I'm here to peddle something, please note that I'm no newby here and I have no agenda except to share my experience.
You actually are a newby and i would guarantee a real doctor wouldn't make that comment.

Old 06-07-2011, 03:26 PM

30 posts, read 89,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
You actually are a newby and i would guarantee a real doctor wouldn't make that comment.
Oh really, look at my join date and read my post history, Genius. Gee that's funny considering my doctor went to med school and has been treating patients for more than 20 years. And what makes you an authority? Go ahead and google him--Dr. Stege Louisville Weight Loss HCG. Ha!

Old 06-07-2011, 03:32 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msblossom View Post
Oh really, look at my join date and read my post history, Genius. Gee that's funny considering my doctor went to med school and has been treating patients for more than 20 years. And what makes you an authority? Go ahead and google him--Dr. Stege Louisville Weight Loss HCG. Ha!
So how does the HCG contribute to your weight loss? Looks to me like this doctor stuck you on modified South Beach diet and then injected you with a costly hormone that does nothing.

Old 06-07-2011, 04:06 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
The same doctor sells NuSkin (a cosmetics/skin care multi-level marketing company). And microdermabrasion. He also tested phen-fen and determined that it's safe for up to 3 years (phen-fen is illegal in the USA now) and he worded his hCG description page to imply that the HCG diet is FDA approved - which it is not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss