Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2010, 02:35 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,059,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinner_In_Idaho View Post
Over the past 5 weeks, 30 pounds literally have melted off me
Big deal. I've done that and more on a modified version of the ketogenic diet, and that is actually safe.

Quote:
What is it about HCG that gets you people so riled up? Sorry to burst your skeptical bubbles, but this is the real deal.
We don't like it because it's a completely discredited theory that has killed people and any credible health care professional will recommend against.

There is absolutely ZERO scientific support for this diet. In fact, all the research points to it being ineffective at best and very dangerous at worst.

HCG Worthless as Weight-Loss Aid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 02:40 AM

1,496 posts, read 2,438,490 times
OK.great, i can't

Old 11-05-2010, 11:28 AM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinner_in_idaho View Post

... a diet of 500 calories without hcg could not have worked like this--hell, i could barely manage a 1500-calorie diet a couple years ago when i tried.

But you see, It is the diet that did it. Multiple studies, in which neither the people receiving the HCG or the people prescribing it knew who was getting HCG, have shown that people on the diet alone lose just as much weight as those on diet plus HCG.

Fact is, no one is immune to the placebo effect. That includes you! Though you do not want to admit it, you've been scammed to the tune of $700.

The funny thing is that the injection HCG sellers accuse the oral and sublingual HCG sellers of doing that very thing. They insist only the injected HCG works. I cannot find a single scientific reference confirming that sublingual HCG is even absorbed. The fertility docs sure do not give it that way; their patients use injections.

So, although we are happy you look better, feel better, and have stopped your medication and sleep better, all the HCG did was make the pharmacy that sold it to you $700 richer.

I am not sure what you mean by not using "synthetic" HCG, by the way. I doubt anyone is making it from pregnant women's urine any more. It's probably all "synthetic."

Old 11-08-2010, 05:34 PM

22 posts, read 56,306 times
UPDATE: 191 lbs now and still feeling awesome. I had to box up ALL of my slacks and jeans, as they now hang off me, and Saturday, I went shopping and bought waist size 34 jeans, which I haven't worn in 15 years or so. Went to a party that night and had friends who hadn't seen me do double-takes.

No, the HCG program is not for everyone and, in my opinion, should be done under a physician's care, as losing this much weight (in my case, 34 lbs. in six weeks) is pretty radical. But this program has done for me what no other attempt at losing weight has given me. It's almost life-changing, and definitely life-prolonging!

Good luck to anyone who does this. Proceed with caution and care, stick with the plan. And, by all means, don't let negative people get in the way of your goals!

Old 11-08-2010, 06:12 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinner_In_Idaho View Post
UPDATE: 191 lbs now and still feeling awesome. I had to box up ALL of my slacks and jeans, as they now hang off me, and Saturday, I went shopping and bought waist size 34 jeans, which I haven't worn in 15 years or so. Went to a party that night and had friends who hadn't seen me do double-takes.

No, the HCG program is not for everyone and, in my opinion, should be done under a physician's care, as losing this much weight (in my case, 34 lbs. in six weeks) is pretty radical. But this program has done for me what no other attempt at losing weight has given me. It's almost life-changing, and definitely life-prolonging!

Good luck to anyone who does this. Proceed with caution and care, stick with the plan. And, by all means, don't let negative people get in the way of your goals!

It's not the HCG, it's the calorie restriction. And not all the weight loss is fat. A significant percentage is muscle.

Old 11-09-2010, 01:58 PM

77 posts, read 252,991 times
Have you ever tried the diet?

Because you seem to talk an awful lot about this diet and it seems you just get your info from the internet like everyone else.

Because when I read these HCG site I often see them state that the HCG doesn't make you lose weight but the calories restriction is the reason, but the HCG helps keeping your body from lossing muscle and supresses your appetite so you feel full quicker and are not hungry through the whole day. And its up to the user how they spend there money, all diets seem to cost something and it give people hope and results in a lot of success.

I dont know why you keep having to post on every thread on every page just to get your point across. Let the people doing it express thier feelings and find others to associate with.

Last edited by breakpoint; 11-09-2010 at 02:13 PM..

Old 11-09-2010, 03:44 PM

Did I lose *some* muscle? Absolutely, and this means I can't bench 240 like I used to be able to. More like 200 now. But I also hadn't lifted in about six months. That said, I run faster and play tennis better than when I was 225 lbs. I've lifted five times in the past two weeks (while on the protocol) and already am getting stronger. But you can't argue with the fact that I've shrunk, in six weeks, to a weight that I haven't been at for nearly 15 years and, more important, found only lack of success and deflated motivation in other structured programs (including Weight Watchers, NutriSystem and MediFast). The HCG protocol isn't for everyone but it is one of the best things I could ever have done for myself and my future health and current self-image. So any small loss of muscle vs. the amount of fat I have lost has, in my opinion, been worth it. This muscle will be rebuilt but this time have less fat to keep it company.

I'm 190 lbs as of this morning and just did my final dose of HCG. We'll see how I do keeping the weight off, which requires sticking to a fairly rigid, low-carb diet of 1,500 calories a day for three weeks, then watching my eating after that and, really, for life if I want to stay slim. Following the protocol has taught me things about food values that I really didn't know/care too much about before. But, most important, it's given me one hell of a good jump start on a long-term fitness regimen. Now that I have gone to a more normal weight, I am even more motivated than I was before to eat right, exercise more, and ultimately hit my ideal weight of 180. Being only 10 lbs away is a lot more motivating than the 45 lbs away I was a short month-and-a-half ago!

Old 11-09-2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
It's not the HCG, it's the calorie restriction.

Nobody ever said that the HCG makes you lose weight, but it is what allows you to go on the low-calorie diet without suffering from severe feelings of hunger, weakness, cravings, etc. It's a hormone that has a specific purpose, just like serotonin, adrenaline, melatonin, testosterone, etc.

But this concept already is known by those who have read extensively about the protocol.

P.S. The earth is not flat.

Old 11-09-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
We don't like it because it's a completely discredited theory that has killed people
Really? Who? What were the circumstances? Please post any links on this as I was not able to find any before I embarked on the program.

Old 11-09-2010, 04:22 PM

Here is an article that gives some compelling arguments against HCG, followed by scores of comments from people singing its praises from personal experience, and they don't appear to be endorsing any specific vendor or source.

HCG Diet | How Does the HCG Diet Work | HCG Diet Dangers

My personal opinion is that homoepathic/synthetic HCG may or may not work, or that there is too large a chance for it to be a scam. Why not get a doctor's prescription--and supervision--and get the real thing from a reputable pharmacy in your own town.

I don't dispute that there are a lot of snake-oil salesmen out there. (There's even a tanning salon in my town selling what they claim to be HCG.) I also don't dispute the fact that Kevin Trudeau has committed fraud and misled millions of people with some of his past supplements, books and audio programs he's promoted. But to condemn the original program using the real thing based on these factors is like saying that Rolex makes a bad watch because there are so many stolen ones and counterfeits on the market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss