Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2010, 04:23 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,460,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinner_In_Idaho View Post
Nobody ever said that the HCG makes you lose weight, but it is what allows you to go on the low-calorie diet without suffering from severe feelings of hunger, weakness, cravings, etc. It's a hormone that has a specific purpose, just like serotonin, adrenaline, melatonin, testosterone, etc.

But this concept already is known by those who have read extensively about the protocol.

P.S. The earth is not flat.
Other than negative feedback on the web, I don't really know much about HCG. But there is something I want to say to you, Thinner in Idaho - I don't want YOU to lose sight of the fact that YOU achieved these great results. Give yourself some credit, boyfriend! It was YOUR focused mind-set that had you putting the fork down; it was YOU that was determined enough to lose weight that you learned more about the foods you should be eating; it was YOU that felt so darn good about yourself that you returned to tennis and lifting weights. Stop giving so much credit to HCG. In doing so, you are cheating yourself out of the kudos you should be giving yourself.

I'm not going to argue with you on the supposed benefits of HCG. I want to applaud YOU for what you have achieved. We all know about failed diets - but you were determined enough - this time - to really follow a strict diet, limit your cheats, and gain your reward. Bravo to you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 07:15 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakpoint View Post
Have you ever tried the diet?

Because you seem to talk an awful lot about this diet and it seems you just get your info from the internet like everyone else.

Because when I read these HCG site I often see them state that the HCG doesn't make you lose weight but the calories restriction is the reason, but the HCG helps keeping your body from lossing muscle and supresses your appetite so you feel full quicker and are not hungry through the whole day. And its up to the user how they spend there money, all diets seem to cost something and it give people hope and results in a lot of success.

I dont know why you keep having to post on every thread on every page just to get your point across. Let the people doing it express thier feelings and find others to associate with.

Why would I want to try it? It's bad nutrition and uses an expensive worthless drug! Why should a weight loss diet have to cost anything beyond the cost of food?

The HCG neither keeps you from losing muscle nor suppresses appetite.

Is The HCG Diet For Weight Loss a Scam? (http://www.ironmagazine.com/article636.html - broken link)

And I detest scams!

Old 11-09-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Nobody ever said that the HCG makes you lose weight, but it is what allows you to go on the low-calorie diet without suffering from severe feelings of hunger, weakness, cravings, etc. It's a hormone that has a specific purpose, just like serotonin, adrenaline, melatonin, testosterone, etc.

But this concept already is known by those who have read extensively about the protocol.

P.S. The earth is not flat.
It's a pregnancy hormone, dude. If you are not pregnant, it doesn't do anything.

See here: What Is The Function Of The Hormone Hcg? | LIVESTRONG.COM

The only effect on appetite is that pregnant women who make a lot of HCG get really bad morning sickness!

It is no better than placebo for decreasing hunger.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Here is an article that gives some compelling arguments against HCG, followed by scores of comments from people singing its praises from personal experience, and they don't appear to be endorsing any specific vendor or source.

HCG Diet | How Does the HCG Diet Work | HCG Diet Dangers

My personal opinion is that homoepathic/synthetic HCG may or may not work, or that there is too large a chance for it to be a scam. Why not get a doctor's prescription--and supervision--and get the real thing from a reputable pharmacy in your own town.

I don't dispute that there are a lot of snake-oil salesmen out there. (There's even a tanning salon in my town selling what they claim to be HCG.) I also don't dispute the fact that Kevin Trudeau has committed fraud and misled millions of people with some of his past supplements, books and audio programs he's promoted. But to condemn the original program using the real thing based on these factors is like saying that Rolex makes a bad watch because there are so many stolen ones and counterfeits on the market.

I can find no proof that "the real thing" is even absorbed when used sublingually. The "reputable" pharmacy is happy to take your money and let you use it that way if you wish, though.

Old 11-09-2010, 08:06 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,274,691 times
Other than negative feedback on the web, I don't really know much about HCG. But there is something I want to say to you, Thinner in Idaho - I don't want YOU to lose sight of the fact that YOU achieved these great results. Give yourself some credit, boyfriend! It was YOUR focused mind-set that had you putting the fork down; it was YOU that was determined enough to lose weight that you learned more about the foods you should be eating; it was YOU that felt so darn good about yourself that you returned to tennis and lifting weights. Stop giving so much credit to HCG. In doing so, you are cheating yourself out of the kudos you should be giving yourself.
I'm not going to argue with you on the supposed benefits of HCG. I want to applaud YOU for what you have achieved. We all know about failed diets - but you were determined enough - this time - to really follow a strict diet, limit your cheats, and gain your reward. Bravo to you!!

Thank you for your encouraging post , cokatie. Those kind words are so helpful to people who are struggling.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 11-10-2010, 03:13 PM

22 posts, read 56,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post

Thank you for the kind words. And that is true. I still am riding a high this week, feeling like it's Christmas as I put on my 34x32 jeans and get compliments from friends and some nice looks from women. Am I vain enough for this to make me feel great? You bet! But you are right--no matter what the program, it must be done with discipline and almost single-minded determination. It's just that with this program, the cause and effect are so closely related and in a relatively short period of time.

Old 11-10-2010, 03:23 PM

22 posts, read 56,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Why would I want to try it? It's bad nutrition and uses an expensive worthless drug! Why should a weight loss diet have to cost anything beyond the cost of food?

The HCG neither keeps you from losing muscle nor suppresses appetite.

Is The HCG Diet For Weight Loss a Scam? (http://www.ironmagazine.com/article636.html - broken link)

And I detest scams!

Well, we'll never agree. All I can say is that this "scam" has worked like a charm for me, a few people I know and respect, and countless others--when nothing else would. between doctor and nurse visits and consultations, blood work, protein powder and a few books (not Trudeau's!), I am out of pocket about $800 for my 45 days on the program. And I probably have saved nearly that much by staying away from elaborate restaurant meals and bars for the past month-and-a-half, so the monetary cost wasn't really that high.

If I am successful in keeping the weight off, I am potentially saving tens of thousands--or even my own life and the security of my family--by not weighing 225 and now being on the right track.

You may not approve of the HCG concept, but there is no disputing that it works for people who are willing and able to do it faithfully. I am only one of the latest people to prove it.

Old 11-10-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Well, we'll never agree. All I can say is that this "scam" has worked like a charm for me, a few people I know and respect, and countless others--when nothing else would. between doctor and nurse visits and consultations, blood work, protein powder and a few books (not Trudeau's!), I am out of pocket about $800 for my 45 days on the program. And I probably have saved nearly that much by staying away from elaborate restaurant meals and bars for the past month-and-a-half, so the monetary cost wasn't really that high.

If I am successful in keeping the weight off, I am potentially saving tens of thousands--or even my own life and the security of my family--by not weighing 225 and now being on the right track.

You may not approve of the HCG concept, but there is no disputing that it works for people who are willing and able to do it faithfully. I am only one of the latest people to prove it.

You lost weight because you reduced the amount of food you ate, not because you took HCG. Can't reduce it to any simpler words than that.

Old 11-12-2010, 02:38 PM

99 posts, read 172,123 times
I'm a science major. I just graduated from Nursing school and have tried this diet myself. It works. I didn't lose any muscle, had energy, and the fat seemingly melted from my body.

You do not need a Doctor to do it..unless you wish to pay up to $1,000 vs. $199 or something along those lines. You do need to read the protocol, though.

Don't let anyone judge you. They are ignorant and uneducated.

Old 11-12-2010, 03:08 PM

99 posts, read 172,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
You lost weight because you reduced the amount of food you ate, not because you took HCG. Can't reduce it to any simpler words than that.
No duh. However, if one is to do this WITHOUT hCG then they will lose a massive amount of muscle. hCG helps the body burn the bad fat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss