Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2010, 05:59 PM

99 posts, read 172,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
So you really DIDNT learn to eat correctly then as you said in an earlier post? You said HCG diet helped you learn how to eat healthily, so I guess it failed you on this huh?
Yes, I learned it. Does that mean I stuck to it? Yes, up until about 3 months ago. Lots of social events, family death, crunched for time...I ate junk and gained some of that weight back....and what exactly was your point again? lol

If anyone is interested in the hCG diet, there is a Yahoo group for it. Very supportive and lots of tips.

I would also love to hear back from the OP, and others, about how their hCG experience went.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 04:50 PM

22 posts, read 56,315 times
Just a quick follow up. I have been off the HCG program for three weeks and -- even after a festive Thanksgiving weekend including a dinner buffet on Thursday, huge steak dinner on Friday and, huge rib dinner on Saturday, and eating (within reason) pretty much whatever I want--which is less now than pre-diet--I now weigh 189 lbs. This is 9 lbs. above what I consider to be my ideal weight (I am 5'11.5").

I have been doing moderate weight-lifting, playing some tennis and doing a few 2-mile walks in the morning. I've been feeling great and continue to get compliments. I am hoping, via more conventional diet-and-exercise means, to shed nine more pounds by Feb. 1 and will check in periodically.

All I can say, in retrospect, is that the HCG deal was great for me. After years of trying to lose weight by other means, this really worked and was a great jump-start to my goal of losing the weight I wanted--needed--to lose!

Old 12-02-2010, 06:45 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinner_In_Idaho View Post
Just a quick follow up. I have been off the HCG program for three weeks and -- even after a festive Thanksgiving weekend including a dinner buffet on Thursday, huge steak dinner on Friday and, huge rib dinner on Saturday, and eating (within reason) pretty much whatever I want--which is less now than pre-diet--I now weigh 189 lbs. This is 9 lbs. above what I consider to be my ideal weight (I am 5'11.5").

I have been doing moderate weight-lifting, playing some tennis and doing a few 2-mile walks in the morning. I've been feeling great and continue to get compliments. I am hoping, via more conventional diet-and-exercise means, to shed nine more pounds by Feb. 1 and will check in periodically.

All I can say, in retrospect, is that the HCG deal was great for me. After years of trying to lose weight by other means, this really worked and was a great jump-start to my goal of losing the weight I wanted--needed--to lose!

Glad you lost weight. The HCG had nothing to do with it.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
Tomorrow is my last injection. Yipee!! If you count from day 1, I've lost 28.6 pounds. If you count from the peak (you binge the first few days so you gain weight) I've lost 36.2 pounds. I'm pretty happy with the results because I've lost fat in places that even when I was going to the gym 6X a week I didn't even lose.

I will say though, despite the satisfied results, I don't really recommend the diet. It's probably the hardest thing I've had to stick to and the REAL work begins when I'm no longer on the injections and have to make wise food choices on my own. For the next three weeks though, part of the protocol is still no additional sugar or starch allowed. More greens have been added and I can finally start cooking with oil again. I'll be on a 1200 calorie diet and compared to only 500 calories while on the injections, 1200 will be a FEAST! After the three weeks, I can slowly bring starches and sugars back. That's when the challenge begins. Considering what I went through in Jan/Feb, I hope that is enough of a motivation to do well.

People will react differently to the diet. Although my friends said they felt great and never hungry, I was hungry about 75% of the time. I almost quit half way through the injections because I was so hungry. Then the hunger pains eased drastically by the 23rd or so injection. I'm glad I finished the entire 40 injections but I don't think I can do it again. It's not really the calories (or lack thereof!) but rather I just got so dang sick of the food. I'm not very inventive so cooking dinner every night got me only so far.

What I will say though is I've learned what a portion is. I've learned that I don't need a big-o plate of food to be satisfied. I've learned to enjoy fruits as desserts (though I'm dying for some ice cream right now!) and to add it and more veggies to my diet. I've learned that I wasn't eating too badly before, but just ate TOO MUCH of it. I've learned that we eat out WAY TOO MUCH and how much money we've saved since starting the diet.

I still have a long ways to go but I accomplished what I wanted out of this diet. Even though I tell my MIL and co-workers (who hadn't seen me for 6 weeks) that I don't recommend the diet, they are very intrigued by it and are doing their own research. Results don't lie but I did strongly recommend them to at least do it under a doctor's care. These past 40 days have not been fun and I'm happy it's finally winding down. The HCG protocol does work but for me, it was about the hardest thing I've had to endure. I hope I have the discipline to keep up eating healthy - I've worked too hard (both with the diet and going to the gym!) to fail!

i just started my hcg injections a few days ago. i wouldnt recommend going on the 500 calorie plan because it isnt safe. i am on the 1200-1500 calorie plan which will prevent my body from going into starvation mode. it isnt recommend at all to eat below 1200 calories aday. glad to hear you lost the weight. i hope you can keep it off.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:50 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,381,037 times
My friend was on that HCG diet. She lost 15 pounds. She has gained them right back after she was done with the shots. What a scam.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:00 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times
hcg is a scam, and the last thread about it was locked down. there is nothing in human growth hormone injections that can make someone lose weight. The so-called "diet program" has its participants starve themselves with a 500-calorie daily allotment. THAT is why they lose weight. If you are NOT starving yourself with a 500-calorie daily allotment, and instead are eating 1200-1500 calories per day, then you don't need injections; you're already doing what you need, to lose weight, without starving yourself.

Old 03-19-2011, 06:46 AM

1 posts, read 2,060 times
Default Don't always believe the naysayers and sheeple

Yes you do have a long way to go. Many people are ignorant of the facts of how this diet does work and as a result of their experiences and failures with other diets, cannot believe any of it. I can give proof that it works, I have personally used the diet for the last three years and lost at least 20 LBS each time.
I personnally do great all summer long on keeping the weight off but as winter sets in it slowly creeps back on. I start craving more evil starches and sweets through the winter and with the reduced daylight and activities it is hard to keep the weight off. This year I have resolved to stay closer to an Atkins type of diet after I finish the HCG protocol.
Also I have to believe in the abnormal fat storage verses normal fat storage areas that the HCG diet proclaims. When I am using the protocol and I start feeling like I am starving I simply binge eat high fat foods for a day to restore the normal fat storage area afterwards I'll be good for another 1-2 weeks without the starving feeling and the fat continues to come off everywhere. Also skipping a day of the hcg each week is supposed to help eliminate the body from building a tolerance to the hcg dose being used and if that doesn't work adjusting the doseage from the min. 125iu to the upper 200iu level sometimes helps me also.
Every year when I do this diet for 3 weeks, I hear all kinds of idiotic remarks from the peanut gallery about how unhealthy it is for me and how it kills people and my reply is always "it hasn't killed me yet and it's a whole lot easier than killing myself in the gym for hours everyday". Some people who have given up the fight and resolved to stay fat are the worst critics.
People who never weigh the possibilities are of no help to me either. I could just stay fat let all my joints continue to ache and cause me to be more sedentary and more prone to heart disease and cancer or as I choose I can take a calculated risk and try to do something about it. Rather than be another victim of the big food industry pushers of unhealthy gmo, hfcs, and refined starches I choose to educate myself and do what I feel is right for me. Also beware the fat sheeple with all the answers.

Disclosure: I am not a doctor nor do I give medical advice although I do choose to educate myself as much as possible on my health and share my experiences. Through my first few years of college I did make the dean's list so I don't think I am as stupid as some people try to tell me I am. Nothing in life is perfect but if your not happy with yourself, way the pros and cons then do something about it. I lost complete faith in the doctors who have all the answers after I went to a kidney doctor for 10 years to cure my proteinuria. After 10 years under his care and numersous complications from prescription side affects I quit taking his medicine a month before my last appointment. The results where a large improvement over any previous test in the years prior. When I informed him of the facts he was not happy of course and strangely enough I got a call from his office 2 weeks later that he was retiring and I had a new doctor. I haven't been back since, after 5 years I'm still alive and running circles around many of the younger people I work with my kidneys still spill abnormal cretin levels but I don't think GOD is done with me yet.

Last edited by anderson4707; 03-19-2011 at 06:59 AM.. Reason: it needed a little more

Old 03-19-2011, 09:04 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
Here we go with the new posters who create a CD profile just to say something about HCG.

You dont need to give proof about this diet. The government has already provided proof that it doesnt work and that its a scam. Plus, anyone with even a 7th grade education knows that HCG is nothing but silly baloney.

HCG IS A SCAM!!! PROMOTED BY SCAM ARTISTS!!! SOLD BY SCAM ARTISTS!!!

Old 03-19-2011, 06:46 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,718,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Here we go with the new posters who create a CD profile just to say something about HCG.

You dont need to give proof about this diet. The government has already provided proof that it doesnt work and that its a scam. Plus, anyone with even a 7th grade education knows that HCG is nothing but silly baloney.

HCG IS A SCAM!!! PROMOTED BY SCAM ARTISTS!!! SOLD BY SCAM ARTISTS!!!
Well I bought mine at GNC so not sure what you mean by scam artists. GNC is a reputable company. And since I lost 60 lbs. and have kept it off it does work. I don't have anything to benefit by sharing this information....just hoping to encourage someone. I tried everything and finally found something that worked for me. BTW, I have a 7th grade education plus another 7 years on top of that.

Old 03-19-2011, 07:20 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times
It isn't the growth hormone that made you lose 60 pounds. It's the diet you went on while taking the growth hormone that made you lose 60 pounds. There is nothing in HCG that can make you lose weight. Even the documentation that comes WITH the product, says that it's the diet that you follow that makes you lose weight. The theory is that HCG keeps your appetite down so you can fill up on less food. This - is complete and utter hogwash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss