Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2010, 12:46 AM

22 posts, read 56,315 times

Advertisements

HCG works. Period.

Before I went on the program, I researched it and read many of the comments on these discussion boards. I immediately noticed that many people come across as angry and bitter in their dismissal of the system as unhealthy, or implausible. Yes, despite the fact that this weight-loss system has been around for 40 years or so, it does defy conventional thinking. So did the concept of a round earth, space travel, telephones, wireless telephones, etc. Some critics say it is unhealthy or risky. I would ask them, is the program more risky than being overweight and facing a higher chance of diabetes, stroke, heart failure or other costs of being overweight? I think not.

I am a 47-year-old male who is now 38 days into my 42-day program and have dropped from 225 to (this morning) 196, a loss of 29 pounds. I am certain I would have lost more by now had I not "cheated" a few times (actually several) by eating "unauthorized" foods, more meat than I was supposed to and having a few cocktails here and there. And those two or three handfuls of cashews at last Friday’s Halloween party did me no good. I should point out that I am not taking synthetic/homeopathic drops but the real HCG, sub-lingually. Clearly, I am not endorsing any product sold over the Internet; my HCG was physician-prescribed.

I am an excellent cook, consider myself a "foodie" and love to eat and drink. Actually, it's probably a miracle I didn't weigh more. On the HCG protocol, I have not experienced weakness, dizziness, severe cravings (yes, I miss pasta, wine, beer and brats, and all that) or any ill feelings whatsoever. I can't imagine this being the case on a 500-calorie diet without the assistance of HCG.

A few comments: You have to stick pretty close to the recommendations of the program. If you don't, you simply won't weigh less the next morning. If you do, you are rewarded the next day with the loss of .75-1.5 lbs. For me, this has varied as I am a night-owl and often eat my last meal as late as 9 or 10 p.m., then weigh in the next morning at 7 or 8.

Yes, if you go back to your old habits, you will get fat again but I have to say that this diet has truly educated me on food values--what's good for you and what's not. Why would I not continue to have eat many of the same low-fat foods and smaller portions than I used to? For me, it's been a breeze during the week; it's the weekends that are tough, what with social events, tailgate parties, etc. Sometimes, you just have to avoid certain activities while on this program. Nobody said that it is a cakewalk.

But the effort is worth it! I have tried for years to shed the pounds that I now have lost in just over a month. I weigh less than I have weighed in 10 or 12 years, and I probably will lose 3 or 4 more pounds before I am done, as I am aggressively sticking to the program these past few days. I can now fit into sport coats I haven’t worn for 15 years (yes, I saved a few favorites “just in case” I ever lost the weight). As I write this, it’s 11:30 p.m. and I got done playing some vigorous tennis for the first time in nearly two months. My energy level was high, and what I really noticed, without the 29 pounds I last played with, I was noticeably quicker and more agile. It felt great! What also feels great is all the compliments I have been getting on how fit I look. I still think I need to get down to 185 or so, but I plan to address this with more sound habits and more tennis and weight-lifting to build additional lean mass.

My advice to anyone thinking about this program is to do it if you think you have the discipline to stick with it and want to lose weight once and for all. In my case, I went to an MD who prescribed it for two couples I know. They lost the weight and have kept if off for six months and counting. If you don't use real HCG, get a success story from someone whom you actually know and trust who used a particular product before you invest time, money and effort in the synthetic stuff. It’s too much effort to do the program with a supplement that doesn’t do what HCG is supposed to do. Stick to the rules of the program and just know that if you deviate, you won't lose the weight as fast. Also, I recommend trying to find a time when your social calendar is slow. Fall was okay for me, but I plan to enjoy (with moderation) the holiday season. January and February probably are good for most, but one caution I have is that, if you are in a cold climate, you may crave comfort food and 500 calories a day may be tough. A few cold days here in Idaho have given me a taste of this and I am pretty stoked about the fact that I just have a few days left.

Final thought. There is absolutely nothing in it for me in taking the time to relocate this message board and write this post other than to encourage the people who really can benefit from this this program to go for it (but do it right) and to tell all of the angry, arrogant naysayers to to put a lid on it. This really does work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2010, 09:36 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,246,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinner_In_Idaho View Post
HCG works. Period.

Before I went on the program, I researched it and read many of the comments on these discussion boards. I immediately noticed that many people come across as angry and bitter in their dismissal of the system as unhealthy, or implausible. Yes, despite the fact that this weight-loss system has been around for 40 years or so, it does defy conventional thinking. So did the concept of a round earth, space travel, telephones, wireless telephones, etc. Some critics say it is unhealthy or risky. I would ask them, is the program more risky than being overweight and facing a higher chance of diabetes, stroke, heart failure or other costs of being overweight? I think not.

I am a 47-year-old male who is now 38 days into my 42-day program and have dropped from 225 to (this morning) 196, a loss of 29 pounds. I am certain I would have lost more by now had I not "cheated" a few times (actually several) by eating "unauthorized" foods, more meat than I was supposed to and having a few cocktails here and there. And those two or three handfuls of cashews at last Friday’s Halloween party did me no good. I should point out that I am not taking synthetic/homeopathic drops but the real HCG, sub-lingually. Clearly, I am not endorsing any product sold over the Internet; my HCG was physician-prescribed.

I am an excellent cook, consider myself a "foodie" and love to eat and drink. Actually, it's probably a miracle I didn't weigh more. On the HCG protocol, I have not experienced weakness, dizziness, severe cravings (yes, I miss pasta, wine, beer and brats, and all that) or any ill feelings whatsoever. I can't imagine this being the case on a 500-calorie diet without the assistance of HCG.

A few comments: You have to stick pretty close to the recommendations of the program. If you don't, you simply won't weigh less the next morning. If you do, you are rewarded the next day with the loss of .75-1.5 lbs. For me, this has varied as I am a night-owl and often eat my last meal as late as 9 or 10 p.m., then weigh in the next morning at 7 or 8.

Yes, if you go back to your old habits, you will get fat again but I have to say that this diet has truly educated me on food values--what's good for you and what's not. Why would I not continue to have eat many of the same low-fat foods and smaller portions than I used to? For me, it's been a breeze during the week; it's the weekends that are tough, what with social events, tailgate parties, etc. Sometimes, you just have to avoid certain activities while on this program. Nobody said that it is a cakewalk.

But the effort is worth it! I have tried for years to shed the pounds that I now have lost in just over a month. I weigh less than I have weighed in 10 or 12 years, and I probably will lose 3 or 4 more pounds before I am done, as I am aggressively sticking to the program these past few days. I can now fit into sport coats I haven’t worn for 15 years (yes, I saved a few favorites “just in case” I ever lost the weight). As I write this, it’s 11:30 p.m. and I got done playing some vigorous tennis for the first time in nearly two months. My energy level was high, and what I really noticed, without the 29 pounds I last played with, I was noticeably quicker and more agile. It felt great! What also feels great is all the compliments I have been getting on how fit I look. I still think I need to get down to 185 or so, but I plan to address this with more sound habits and more tennis and weight-lifting to build additional lean mass.

My advice to anyone thinking about this program is to do it if you think you have the discipline to stick with it and want to lose weight once and for all. In my case, I went to an MD who prescribed it for two couples I know. They lost the weight and have kept if off for six months and counting. If you don't use real HCG, get a success story from someone whom you actually know and trust who used a particular product before you invest time, money and effort in the synthetic stuff. It’s too much effort to do the program with a supplement that doesn’t do what HCG is supposed to do. Stick to the rules of the program and just know that if you deviate, you won't lose the weight as fast. Also, I recommend trying to find a time when your social calendar is slow. Fall was okay for me, but I plan to enjoy (with moderation) the holiday season. January and February probably are good for most, but one caution I have is that, if you are in a cold climate, you may crave comfort food and 500 calories a day may be tough. A few cold days here in Idaho have given me a taste of this and I am pretty stoked about the fact that I just have a few days left.

Final thought. There is absolutely nothing in it for me in taking the time to relocate this message board and write this post other than to encourage the people who really can benefit from this this program to go for it (but do it right) and to tell all of the angry, arrogant naysayers to to put a lid on it. This really does work.
The weight loss is due to the severe restriction of calories, not the HCG. You would lose the weight if you only did the diet. The diet is not healthy because it promotes burning muscle for basal energy needs. Money spent on the HCG is wasted.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:20 PM

Old 11-04-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The weight loss is due to the severe restriction of calories, not the HCG. You would lose the weight if you only did the diet. The diet is not healthy because it promotes burning muscle for basal energy needs. Money spent on the HCG is wasted.
Okay, sure. I'll be certain to tell that to the guys I just beat in tennis last night with my quicker speed and high energy level. And to my tailor when I bring in all my suits to be taken in. Oh, and also to my pharmacist when I explain why he no longer sees me for my blood pressure medicine. And my wife, if she starts to miss my snoring. Oh, yeah, also to my friends who went on the same exact program (using real HCG, and have kept the weight off for six months and counting).

I have to wonder what your real agenda is here.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:35 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,705,006 times
Quote:
Okay, sure. I'll be certain to tell that to the guys I just beat in tennis last night with my quicker speed and high energy level. And to my tailor when I bring in all my suits to be taken in. Oh, and also to my pharmacist when I explain why he no longer sees me for my blood pressure medicine. And my wife, if she starts to miss my snoring. Oh, yeah, also to my friends who went on the same exact program (using real HCG, and have kept the weight off for six months and counting).

All of those things can be attributed to your weight loss and no one is disputing that. But if you're only eating 500 calories a day, you're going to lose weight regardless of whether you're using real HCG, fake HCG or a bit of sugar dissolved in water.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
All of those things can be attributed to your weight loss and no one is disputing that. But if you're only eating 500 calories a day, you're going to lose weight regardless of whether you're using real HCG, fake HCG or a bit of sugar dissolved in water.
What you're failing to address, though, is the fact that I haven't felt starving or lacking in energy. Other than the psychological cravings for my all the things I am so good at cooking--and eating--this has been a breeze, and I've never felt better. I've tried calorie-restricted diets before and failed miserably.

I am really sorry there are so many of you on this discussion board whose sole mission seems to be to "save" the planet from the evils of HCG.

My advice to those considering it:

- Don't buy it off the Internet.
- Work with a clinic experienced in administering it, and ask them for personal references if you are in doubt and don't personally know anyone who's been on the protocol.
- Use the real thing--don't take a chance on synthetic or homeopathic.
- Stay away from negative people; let them ruin someone else's day.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:56 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,705,006 times
Quote:
What you're failing to address, though, is the fact that I haven't felt starving or lacking in energy. Other than the psychological cravings for my all the things I am so good at cooking--and eating--this has been a breeze, and I've never felt better. I've tried calorie-restricted diets before and failed miserably.

I am really sorry there are so many of you on this discussion board whose sole mission seems to be to "save" the planet from the evils of HCG.

My advice to those considering it:

- Don't buy it off the Internet.
- Work with a clinic experienced in administering it, and ask them for personal references if you are in doubt and don't personally know anyone who's been on the protocol.
- Use the real thing--don't take a chance on synthetic or homeopathic.
- Stay away from negative people; let them ruin someone else's day.
I recently lost 10 pounds eating about 1,500 calories a day and exercising an hour a day, 5-6 days a week. After the first week I didn't feel hungry and my energy level has soared. Plus I stopped having the headaches I was getting 2 or 3 days a week.

I did it by eating five small meals, drinking at least 64 oz. water, decreasing the amount of carbs and fat and increasing the amount of protein I was eating. My problem now is that I keep losing weight--haven't quite been able to even out the calories in/calories out thing.

I didn't need to take any drops and it didn't cost me a dime over what I was already spending for my gym membership. I've increased my muscle mass while decreasing my waist line and hips.

No one here is being negative. Just warning people against the latest snake oil to come along.

Old 11-04-2010, 02:36 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,246,039 times
Quote:

My only agenda is to point out that the HCG is a waste of money and there are better ways to lose weight.

Old 11-04-2010, 05:11 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times
Quote:
HCG works. Period.

So how much are they paying you to post this? Does convicted felon and con artist Kevin Trudeau personally sign the checks?

Old 11-05-2010, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
So how much are they paying you to post this? Does convicted felon and con artist Kevin Trudeau personally sign the checks?
Sorry to burst your bubble, I also think Trudeau is a crook--but I guess that's already documented. I used to live in Chicago and see hear his pitches of the Mega Memory System with Danny Bonaduce (from the Partridge Family) on WLUP-FM. I thought he was a cheese-ball even back then. And I chastised my mom for buying a book he wrote on "secret cures" or something like that.

But just because Trudeau is an opportunist and saw a concept he could make a buck or a few million off of doesn't mean the diet is a scam. He's a smart guy. Here's an analogy for you: If a book store owner who sells lots of books and makes a lot of money cheats the IRS, does this discredit all the books he sells?

By the way, I almost didn't do this diet because of Trudeau's endorsement of it. And I never bought his book; didn't need to. I've already said I am not a Trudeau fan and never bought his book and didn't need to. I've already said that I wouldn't buy synthetic HCG or buy any HCG off the Internet. And the Italian doctor (Simeons) died years ago. So whose pocket do you think I'm in?

The fact that two couples I know and trust went on the diet, lost the weight and have kept it off for six months and counting was enough credibility for me.

Over the past 5 weeks, 30 pounds literally have melted off me, I haven't felt uncontrollable hunger, weakness or mental fatigue. A diet of 500 calories without HCG could not have worked like this--hell, I could barely manage a 1500-calorie diet a couple years ago when I tried.

The fact that I have lost this much weight in just over a month, gotten off my BP meds, dropped two waist sizes, stopped snoring and having sleep apnea, don't get tired in the middle of the day and feel great about the way I look gives me the motivation to do the hard work I know I will need to put in when I get off the program.

What is it about HCG that gets you people so riled up? Sorry to burst your skeptical bubbles, but this is the real deal.

Oh, and by the way, I was 195 this morning--2.2 pounds less than when I posted last night--total loss of 30 lbs. with 3 or 4 days left on the protocol. I was out tonight at a few events and enjoyed receiving tons of compliments from friends whom I haven't seen in a few weeks. How about if I post again in 3 months (Feb 5) and again in 6 months (May 5) and tell everyone how I've kept the weight off?

I really wasn't going to post again on this and hate getting sucked back in to these childish arguments, but I guess I love a good confrontation as much as anyone--maybe more.

This almost as fun as arguing politics, and my candidate is clearly winning by a landslide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss