Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2010, 03:18 PM

99 posts, read 172,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Please read this if you have interest in HCG: https://www.city-data.com/forum/diet-...l#post10428435

Its such a scam that its disgusting.
Yep, it's such a scam that my cousin lost 55 pounds on it and has NO sagging skin or any adverse issues
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 03:52 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,948,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleOrange View Post
Yep, it's such a scam that my cousin lost 55 pounds on it and has NO sagging skin or any adverse issues
HCG is the WORST DIET EVER DEVISED!!! No one should go on that diet. As I (and many others here) have posted over and over and over in the HCG threads, this diet is NOT HEALTHY!!!

Anyone who is in dire need to lose weight, should first and foremost concentrate on PROPER NUTRITION AND EXERCISE. This ridiculous HCG diet calls for you to BINGE on bad food like cookies, ice cream, pancakes and syrup, cakes, etc. at the beginning, then limits you to 500 calories per day. 500 calories is NOT enough for your organs to function properly and it is DEFINITELY not nutritious.

There is someone (or people) who are constantly on CD who keep harping on and on about this diet, because in some way shape or form, they profit from it from selling the HCG or getting a "cut" of profits like a pyramid scheme (Amway anyone?) if they refer someone else to the diet.

Myself and many many many others here who are quite knowledgeable on health, exercise, nutrition and fitness (not to mention the doctors I have personally spoken too regarding this diet) urge any and all who for a nanosecond entertain the mere thought of going on this quite harmful and unhealthy diet should NOT DO SO!!!!

Old 11-12-2010, 04:05 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
I'm a science major. I just graduated from Nursing school and have tried this diet myself. It works. I didn't lose any muscle, had energy, and the fat seemingly melted from my body.

You do not need a Doctor to do it..unless you wish to pay up to $1,000 vs. $199 or something along those lines. You do need to read the protocol, though.

Don't let anyone judge you. They are ignorant and uneducated.

If you only eat 500 calories a day, you will lose weight. The HCG has nothing to do with it. If you did not measure percentage body fat before and after the weight loss, you have no idea how much muscle you lost.

Old 11-12-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
No duh. However, if one is to do this WITHOUT hCG then they will lose a massive amount of muscle. hCG helps the body burn the bad fat.

You need to go back to school. HCG does not preserve muscle. There is no such thing as "bad" fat.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:34 PM

Everyone I know that has tried the diet has had successful weight loss, no sagging skin, awesome vitals, lots of energy, and an overall positive outlook on life. Those who pushed were able to follow the protocol and adjust their eating habits very well. They consume nutritional food and live a healthy lifestyle. I find it very odd that you two seem to follow people around on this forum and use caps and red font practically begging people not to believe that the hCG protocol works.

Sorry, but it does . I speak from my experience and the experience of many others...even years later, their metabolism is still kicking, their muscle tone is JUST FINE, they have energy, and haven't gained back weight so long as they stuck to a reasonably healthy lifestyle.

It works. Point blank I'm not another spammer trying to sell something. I am a nursing school graduate and health care professional. It all makes perfect sense.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Everyone I know that has tried the diet has had successful weight loss, no sagging skin, awesome vitals, lots of energy, and an overall positive outlook on life. Those who pushed were able to follow the protocol and adjust their eating habits very well. They consume nutritional food and live a healthy lifestyle. I find it very odd that you two seem to follow people around on this forum and use caps and red font practically begging people not to believe that the hCG protocol works.

Sorry, but it does . I speak from my experience and the experience of many others...even years later, their metabolism is still kicking, their muscle tone is JUST FINE, they have energy, and haven't gained back weight so long as they stuck to a reasonably healthy lifestyle.

It works. Point blank I'm not another spammer trying to sell something. I am a nursing school graduate and health care professional. It all makes perfect sense.

Frankly, I would not want you taking care of me as a nurse. I have doubts about the quality of your education. It certainly did not teach you how to interpret scientific studies. You believe in "bad" fat, which does not exist.

HCG contributes nothing to weight loss. The weight loss is due to a very low calorie diet which is deficient from the point of energy needs for basal metabolism. It is extremely bad nutrition.

Muscle mass and muscle tone are not the same thing. People on very low calorie diets will burn muscle for energy. This is necessary to provide glucose if carbohydrate intake is insufficient to replenish glycogen stores. Apparently your nursing school did not teach you this.

Testimonials --- including yours --- are not good science.

Old 11-13-2010, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Frankly, I would not want you taking care of me as a nurse. I have doubts about the quality of your education. It certainly did not teach you how to interpret scientific studies. You believe in "bad" fat, which does not exist.

HCG contributes nothing to weight loss. The weight loss is due to a very low calorie diet which is deficient from the point of energy needs for basal metabolism. It is extremely bad nutrition.

Muscle mass and muscle tone are not the same thing. People on very low calorie diets will burn muscle for energy. This is necessary to provide glucose if carbohydrate intake is insufficient to replenish glycogen stores. Apparently your nursing school did not teach you this.

Testimonials --- including yours --- are not good science.
That is your opinion and your opinion alone. We could seriously go back and forth all day long, but I have absolutely no interest in convincing you that the hCG diet works. It would be far too time consuming for me to sit here and educate you, step-by-step, on the science of it all.

The hCG diet works everyone! Those who feel it doesn't...do not have to go on it. Plain & simple .

Old 11-13-2010, 09:28 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,948,991 times
Quote:
The hCG diet works everyone! Those who feel it doesn't...do not have to go on it. Plain & simple .
HCG DOES NOT WORK!!! It is NOT good for you. I think anyone who comes to this thread would be able to conclude that it is NOT something they should try.

As with all diets and exercise, it is ALWAYS recommended that you speak to YOUR physician first before trying. I doubt that anyone would find a reputable physician (or nutritionist, or personal trainer) who would recommend this program.

Why is it that if someone says "Oh Weight Watchers do not work" or "Body For Life does not work" (which if course we all know that not only they WORK GREAT, they are recommended highly by doctors, trainers, nutritionists, sports medicine practitioners, etc.), but if someone say BFL or WW doesnt work, you dont see the folks constantly posting that it does and creating new CD profiles for the sole purpose of posting that it works. Why is that?

Old 11-13-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:
That is your opinion and your opinion alone. We could seriously go back and forth all day long, but I have absolutely no interest in convincing you that the hCG diet works. It would be far too time consuming for me to sit here and educate you, step-by-step, on the science of it all.

Yes, it would be time consuming. The ''science of it all" proving HCG works does not exist! It was made up out of thin air sixty years ago. The science shows that HCG does not curb hunger, promote weight loss, or prevent muscle loss when used with a 500 calorie per day diet.

A diet supplying only 500 calories per day does not provide enough energy for basic bodily functions. This results in a slowing of basal metabolism, which promotes weight gain after going off of the diet, and results in utilization of muscle for energy. Weight is lost, but a significant percentage of the weight lost is muscle, not fat. This will reliably happen any time the calories consumed is below what is needed for basal metabolism.

That's the science.

And you need to read up on the placebo effect.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:47 AM

I have no complaints...hCG works for me! I encourage everyone to read the protocol and decide for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss