Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 01:45 PM

4,560 posts, read 5,416,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
I started the HCG diet this week...........
And ended up in the hospital this week.

HCG is STUPID!! Not only is it illegal and determined to be a FRAUD by all health/nutrition governing bodies, but its also extremely STUPID to take.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2017, 02:05 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
I have 2 acquaintances right now doing the shots of HCG...6 days in, one told me
she lost 6 lbs. I'll get back to you.
But this is not the first time for this...all have been very happy...and you do not have to stay on 500 calories forever...that is false info.
500 calories is pretty easy bec the HCG is burning up your fat for fuel ...as it does when
a female is nursing.
Just FYI...
that is why it works...bec you aren't hungry ...as you body is getting it's fuel for your stored fat.
Now, is that practical or healthy? Well, I'm not doctor.
But, I am against false information, (hearsay)...on anything.
I do know many that have kept off the weight for almost 2 years....old habits
die hard...oh well.One was 5 ft and 206 lbs!...She lost 60 lbs the first x.Good for her!Gained a few back...did it again lost a bunch!After a very long time she gained some back... i happen to have seen her put 5 tsp of sugar in her coffee (WHOA!)Once into that amt of sugar I'd say it is hard to stop, once a month goes by and you
are off the injections....dang!

Then, they do it again out of desperation.
It's their thing, I don't judge.
Is it ok for the gall bladder...I think not.

ALSO, it is not illegal...all anyone has to do is google that
...here:
from a random website;'HCG for weight loss is legal in the United States, Europe, Canada and many other countries, where it is available as prescription medicine and also available as homeopathic medicine.

HCG is also available in higher doses as a prescription medicine for certain specific metabolic and reproductive medical conditions.'

Old 07-07-2017, 02:20 PM

You know who says positive things about HCG? The fattest of the fat people and the fattest of the fat people who have heard from some of their morbidly obese friends who heard from their obese friends about someone who said it works. And you'll have the random "internet troll" who says "Oh, it worked for me" without providing any proof. Then they'll post about "clinics" where they get their stuff from. Oh, and these people LOVE LOVE LOVE the oh so healthy BINGE eating days where they eat as much of of the absolutely WORSE and unhealthy foods as possible. Worst "diet" scam I've ever heard of.

Makes me sick how these people play on the emotions of the obese with false claims that it works, only to scam so much $$$$$ out of them.

HCG is STUPID for weight loss!! Its DOESNT WORK!!!

Old 07-07-2017, 02:25 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
ALSO, it is not illegal...all anyone has to do is google that[/u] ...here:
from a random website;'HCG for weight loss is legal in the United States, Europe, Canada and many other countries, where it is available as prescription medicine and also available as homeopathic medicine.

HCG is also available in higher doses as a prescription medicine for certain specific metabolic and reproductive medical conditions.'
It is illegal as a dietary supplement. It is not illegal in its actual drug form.

Old 07-07-2017, 06:34 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
I have 2 acquaintances right now doing the shots of HCG...6 days in, one told me
But this is not the first time for this...all have been very happy...and you do not have to stay on 500 calories forever...that is false info.
500 calories is pretty easy bec the HCG is burning up your fat for fuel ...as it does when
a female is nursing.
Just FYI...
that is why it works...bec you aren't hungry ...as you body is getting it's fuel for your stored fat.
die hard...oh well.One was 5 ft and 206 lbs!...She lost 60 lbs the first x.Good for her!Gained a few back...did it again lost a bunch!After a very long time she gained some back... i happen to have seen her put 5 tsp of sugar in her coffee (WHOA!)Once into that amt of sugar I'd say it is hard to stop, once a month goes by and you

...here:

Your friend lost weight because she did not eat. Regaining the weight is typical.

A diet of 500 calories per day is dangerous.

Over the counter oral HCG has no HCG in it. It has to be given by injection, which is done for legitimate uses of HCG.

HCG injection is not approved for weight loss by the FDA. That does not prevent some unscrupulous doctors from using it as an expensive placebo. It does not cause weight loss and it does not curb appetite when tested against an actual placebo.

FDA Drug Safety Podcast for Consumers: FDA and FTC: HCG Diet Products Are Illegal:

https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety.../ucm282161.htm

Old 07-07-2017, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Your friend lost weight because she did not eat. Regaining the weight is typical.

A diet of 500 calories per day is dangerous.

Over the counter oral HCG has no HCG in it. It has to be given by injection, which is done for legitimate uses of HCG.

HCG injection is not approved for weight loss by the FDA. That does not prevent some unscrupulous doctors from using it as an expensive placebo. It does not cause weight loss and it does not curb appetite when tested against an actual placebo.

FDA Drug Safety Podcast for Consumers: FDA and FTC: HCG Diet Products Are Illegal:

https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety.../ucm282161.htm
But......but.......but..... HCG controls the upper medial internal lower part of the brain that controls cravings.......... and all the blood work from the clinic down the street said.......only the naysayers who never tried HCG say bad things about it............the HCG controls the lipids that burn fat so that fat is burned while at rest..........

You are so right on all counts. HCG is HORRIBLE and should be avoided.

Old 07-07-2017, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
But......but.......but..... HCG controls the upper medial internal lower part of the brain that controls cravings.......... and all the blood work from the clinic down the street said.......only the naysayers who never tried HCG say bad things about it............the HCG controls the lipids that burn fat so that fat is burned while at rest..........

You are so right on all counts. HCG is HORRIBLE and should be avoided.
I have wondered why pregnant women are always hungry and gain weight despite all that HCG floating around.

Old 07-10-2017, 07:18 PM

1,065 posts, read 597,490 times
Quote:
a female is nursing.
Just FYI...

...here:

Correct, alot of people who don't know how HCG works will continue to be in the dark.

And if they depend on the FDA, well that is wonderful too, for pharma.

That gal using all that sugar is like a smoker, I guess.

Old 07-10-2017, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletwin View Post
Correct, alot of people who don't know how HCG works will continue to be in the dark.

And if they depend on the FDA, well that is wonderful too, for pharma.

That gal using all that sugar is like a smoker, I guess.
HCG does not work. It does not cause weight loss and it does not reduce appetite.

If it did, every pregnant woman would lose weight.

Old 07-10-2017, 09:18 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,817,400 times
HCG = scam
If you want to lose weight fast by starving and don't care about your health and are super gullible and have extra money to waste then HCG is for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss