Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 02:57 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,047,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
OMG he is gorgeous!! Labs are alot to handle for sure. I always worry when I hear someone got a lab pup and its their first lab. We had a vendor in the office the other day and he saw my pictures of Bella in my office. Proceeded to tell me that he had just gotten rid of their lab. It got bigger than they expected. Research people before you get a pet. (not directed at you LTTP. I understand the circumstances)

I do remember you talking about this at the time. Didn't you have a hard time walking him?

I'm glad you were able to find him a good home. He sure is a handsome boy

yeah ... he could be a handful for me ..... although i outweigh him by half, i am not solid muscle body on 4 strong legs...... and as he got more protective of bailey and me, it became worriesome for me.... he actually jumped through the screen of a front window one afternoon when he saw me talking to a neighbor who just so happened to have their dog with them..... THANK GOODNESS, i saw it as it was happening, as did the other housemate and we were able to stop him before he got off the porch.....

hey, i KNOW i need "easy" dogs .... and in my mind, there should be no shame in admitting it.....

Last edited by latetotheparty; 11-15-2010 at 03:59 PM.. Reason: can't type today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 03:08 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,517,370 times
Oh good heavens Jessie Bella is such a lady how pretty.
LTTP your lab is beautiful and I am glad that you realized that he needed another type of forever home and imagine that right here in Tulsa.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:44 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,781,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
yeah ... he could be a handful for me ..... although i outweigh him by half, i am not solid muscle body on 4 strong legs...... and as he got more protective of bailey and me, it became worriesome for me.... he actually jumped through the screen of a front window one afternoon when he saw me talking to a neighbor who just so happened to have their dog with them..... THANK GOODNESS, i saw it as it was happening, as did the other housemate and we were able to stop him before he got off the porch.....

hey, i KNOW i need "easy" dogs .... and in my mind, there should be shame in admitting it.....
You mean NO shame in admitting it!!! Not every dog is good for every person. Thank goodness there are so many different ones. My DD really wanted us to get a bigger dog. Like 70 lbs isn't enough. She just turned 18 and how much longer do you think she'll be home. Probably not long. A lab is big enough for me.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tookey View Post
Oh good heavens Jessie Bella is such a lady how pretty.
LTTP your lab is beautiful and I am glad that you realized that he needed another type of forever home and imagine that right here in Tulsa.
She does look all grown up but she is still all puppy.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:01 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,047,429 times
she is a beautiful girl .... and a lucky one to have such a great momma......

but i've gotta agree with you about the nail polish....that pepto pink is NOT bella's color......

Old 11-15-2010, 08:35 PM

My problem is that she was under when they put it on and she doesn't want to let me take it off. Guess I'll try one nail at a time. It's either that or wait until they grow out but that will take too long and she can't go out in public like this. LOL

Old 11-23-2010, 07:40 AM

Last update on Bella. Stiches came out on Saturday. Vet said everything looked great. She was very happy to see them and was a total goof while we were there. She had them all laughing. One vet tech was eating pretzels and asked if Bella could have one. I said yes but she needs to do something for it. They acted suprised that she knew any tricks. I got her to focus and she when thru sit, down, roll over and shake.

I asked the vet if males would still smell her since she was bleeding off and on but not since last Monday. He said yes they probably would but laughed and said that he didn't think they'd be able to catch her. LOL Poor baby hadn't had exercise in 2 weeks, of course she was full of it.

We went on 2 long walks/hikes this weekend so she is MUCH happier.

Oh and that pink nail polish???? It's still on and people did notice it when we were walking. I don't know if they believed me when I said that I didn't do it.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:23 AM

8,039 posts, read 4,517,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
Last update on Bella. Stiches came out on Saturday. Vet said everything looked great. She was very happy to see them and was a total goof while we were there. She had them all laughing. One vet tech was eating pretzels and asked if Bella could have one. I said yes but she needs to do something for it. They acted suprised that she knew any tricks. I got her to focus and she when thru sit, down, roll over and shake.

I asked the vet if males would still smell her since she was bleeding off and on but not since last Monday. He said yes they probably would but laughed and said that he didn't think they'd be able to catch her. LOL Poor baby hadn't had exercise in 2 weeks, of course she was full of it.

We went on 2 long walks/hikes this weekend so she is MUCH happier.

Oh and that pink nail polish???? It's still on and people did notice it when we were walking. I don't know if they believed me when I said that I didn't do it.
Thanks for the update on Bella so glad she made it through. The two of you may just get used to that pink polish. Even a tom boy needs a froo froo once in while
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs