Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 01:42 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,781,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tookey View Post
You are a good mamma you did the best thing for her to get her fixed not only will she avoid having puppies, but long term her health will be great she won't be subject to the same illnesses that mamma dogs sometimes get if they are not spayed. So you were a good mamma to prolong her life. She will forget not getting her goodies believe me when she gets home she will be soooo happy to get home all will be forgiven.
LOL. I know she won't remember but she did look very sad at that moment.

So I talked to the vet tech and they feed at 4. I can't leave work before that. What a dummy I am. I can't beleive I didn't think about her food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 01:53 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,517,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
LOL. I know she won't remember but she did look very sad at that moment.

So I talked to the vet tech and they feed at 4. I can't leave work before that. What a dummy I am. I can't beleive I didn't think about her food.
One more thing ask the vet first but my vet said I can give my fur butts an eyedropper full of Amodium AD for the runs. No more that an eye dropper full for every 24-48 hrs. It does work and does not stop them up their poopy starts firming up rather than runs.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:06 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,046,065 times
Quote:
One more thing ask the vet first but my vet said I can give my fur butts an eyedropper full of Amodium AD for the runs. No more that an eye dropper full for every 24-48 hrs. It does work and does not stop them up their poopy starts firming up rather than runs.

good to know!!

and fwiw .... i brought bailey home the day after her spay and she never had to wear the cone of shame..... she did just fine without it.....

and fwiw, part deux ..... bella may not even eat much today, between being a little groggy from the surgery and being out of her home in the scawey vet's office, so the kibble issue may not even be much of an issue......

Old 11-08-2010, 02:34 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,978,630 times
My male stayed overnight for his procedure. Don't see what the big deal is.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
Well this may be her first rodeo and I think Jessie is just a bit nervous and concerned and that is what we are here for to give support and perhaps some guidance.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
The boy that I had before Bella had a hole in his heart and was on 7 different meds. He died in my arms when he was a little over 3. So yes, I probably worry more than necessary.

Quote:
Well this may be her first rodeo and I think Jessie is just a bit nervous and concerned and that is what we are here for to give support and perhaps some guidance.
Yes it's my first time getting a dog fixed. The first time putting a dog under anesthesia so I worried.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
good to know!!

and fwiw .... i brought bailey home the day after her spay and she never had to wear the cone of shame..... she did just fine without it.....

and fwiw, part deux ..... bella may not even eat much today, between being a little groggy from the surgery and being out of her home in the scawey vet's office, so the kibble issue may not even be much of an issue......
LOL about the scawey vet's office. Bella LOVES the vet's office. Those are her friends. When we pull up she wimpers in anticipation. She tries to pull me like the marmaduke cartoon. We have to stop and turn around at least 3 times before she will enter calmly like a nice young lady. Then the vet techs say BELLA with their arms wide open and she forgets she's a lady all over again.

You are probably right about not eating much. They are giving her SD but the limited ingrediant one so hopefully it won't give her tummy issues.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
The boy that I had before Bella had a hole in his heart and was on 7 different meds. He died in my arms when he was a little over 3. So yes, I probably worry more than necessary.

Yes it's my first time getting a dog fixed. The first time putting a dog under anesthesia so I worried.
OH Jessie I am so sorry about your little guy. Worry away girl we are all here for ya.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
OH Jessie I am so sorry about your little guy. Worry away girl we are all here for ya.
That's what can happen when you get a dog from a BYB. I did a lot of research before I got Bella. I got a show quality dog but not to breed or show. I just wanted to make sure I got a healthy one.

I still miss Ben. He was momma's boy for sure.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:20 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,441,838 times
I've sent hundreds of dogs in for spay and neuter. But the day I had to take my girl in, oh my.....................

I started crying on my way home from work the day before, cried when I dropped her off and cried when I picked her up the next day.

You're in good company, my friend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs