Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 02:21 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times

Advertisements

Mutts! Not a breed but I love them. I like the element of surprise the older they get! All my mutts have been extremely loyal and loving to a fault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2007, 02:53 PM

1,930 posts, read 10,170,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
Mutts! Not a breed but I love them. I like the element of surprise the older they get! All my mutts have been extremely loyal and loving to a fault.
I have to say, I like mutts a lot too! I adopted a Rhodesian Ridgeback/ Rottweiler mix and she was probably the most beautiful dog I have ever owned! She had such a cool personality and was such a sweet heart! I also adopted a Fox Hound mix from a shelter and she was beautiful and a sweet heart as well! We adopted her a few hours before she was scheduled to be put to sleep and she just seemed like she knew that we saved her and she was thankful for it. She was the coolest dog! Mutts are great!

Old 09-20-2007, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by APBT_Samara View Post
It was nice to hear everyone's favorite breeds. At first when I saw Breedist I was thinking the type of breedist that is like a racist. One thing I hate is breedism!! I'm so glad it was a positive thread though.
I was watching something on TV the other day and a lady said that she was a breedist, she said that Yorkies are hands down her favorite breed. I can't remember what show it was, but I had never heard someone say they were a breedist before and I just thought it was cute! lol! It does sound kind of negative now that I think about it, but I definitely didn't mean it in a negative way and I'm glad that no one answered in a negative way. I love positive threads, so many threads on CD are so serious, I just think it's fun to have a thread where you don't have to worry about arguing with people. Everyone can answer and not worry about starting something just because they don't have the same views as someone else, you know?

Old 09-20-2007, 03:49 PM

10 posts, read 270,536 times
Default Hey Pitbullmommie1206.....

Sorry it took so long to reply to your request for pictures of my little babies. Here you go....( I hope I did this right!)
Attached Thumbnails
Are you a breedist?-img_1219.jpg   Are you a breedist?-img_1387.jpg  

Old 09-20-2007, 03:52 PM

10 posts, read 270,536 times
Default Whoops!

Sorry that the pic of Ruby is not right side up. I'm pretty new to this site and those are the first pics I have posted. The "little" bumblebee is Gus and Ruby is my little pitt mix. LOVE them!

Old 09-20-2007, 04:15 PM

525 posts, read 2,350,985 times
Same here, like all of you, I do really love all dogs, cats, and most animals frankly.

BUT, German Sheperds for me, indeed my breed. Rotties and Dobies are close behind.

Mutts, Heinz 57s, though really, are, I think the best of the bunch. A Shep/Rottie mix is so great. Shep/lab mix also fantastic. Any animal that needs a loving home, with love and antics to share is really the BEST. I like the seniors/medical issues/mental issues from bad pasts. Dog or cat, these animals are the ones that appreciate every moment of every day and share their love freely.

Great topic Thanks for starting

Old 09-20-2007, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manley View Post
Sorry it took so long to reply to your request for pictures of my little babies. Here you go....( I hope I did this right!)
OMG! I love the bumblebee costume! Too cute! And Ruby has that beautiful pitty smile! Gus and Ruby are both GoRgEoUs!

Old 09-20-2007, 09:45 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,029,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonofillfaith View Post
No one ever mentions Japanese Chins.. I kind of like these dogs too. I only groomed a handful of them, not the most popular dog, but they seem pretty mild tempered and such a cute face. They look like bats lol
My three:
Yoshi

Dori

and Anjin

I confess, after decades of having mutts, that I became a Breedist when the Three Chins became members of our family. If I had to do it over again, I would have only had Chins. They are "the dog for people who like cats" They like to sit and observe the world from high perches, have a haughtiness from their royal breeding. Descended from Asia, at one time, commoners were beheaded for possessing one of these dogs. They were meant only for the highest members of society. Yet they bond very closely with their humans, are not generally yappy, and are extremely affectionate.

Actually, I'm glad they aren't common. That would mean the breed would suffer more than they already do being produced through puppy mills and more would end up in rescue. That's where Yoshi came from; it broke my heart that he was an unwanted Chin. WHO could have a Chin and then decide to abuse and abandon it? It doesn't make sense to me.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:37 PM

6 posts, read 100,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardener34 View Post
Our family breed is the dachshund. We prefer the long haired variety because they are a little bit more mellow and bark less. Lots of dog in a little package. They are very portable, we would bring ours anywhere as they love people. They love to go for walks. And love the outdoors, they really are mini-hunting dogs (hound). You should not spoil a dachshund or you will have temperment problems - they are very dominant dogs and want to take over your house. They are great watchdogs as they always need to know what's going on.

If you want a super "obedient" dog that worships the ground you walk on, dachshunds are not for you. as they do not feel guilty if they do something bad. If you want a great companion, they are wonderful. Great with kids and very clownish personalities.

I do not have a fave "big dog" breed though. If we were to ever get a large dog, I would just go to a shelter and find one. The shelters are loaded with the big ones (lab mixes/ shepherd mixes/ golden mixes/ pitbull mixes. etc) that need good homes.
I have a mini-longhaired doxie who is very sweet tempered, doesn't bark, is as gentle and loving as they come. Have a standard long haired/lab mix (yes, that's right, doxie/lab mix) who is equally as gentle. There is not a dominate bone in either body. Although I do have to agree that Casey, the small one, definately doesn't feel guilty when she does something she shouldn't have. But loveable, yes, definately loveable.

Old 09-21-2007, 12:00 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post
So, are you a breedist? What is your favorite breed and why, or what type of dog to you tend to like the most and why?
Well, I thought I was a "breedist", until adopting my MUTT... he's the greatest dog in the world (everyone thinks that about their dogs, huh? ), and doesn't even have a breed. But if we're talking purebred only, I'm definitely partial to anything with merle markings - Australian Shepherd, Sheltie, Collie, Cattle Dog, etc. - just because I love that coat pattern. My favorite of those, based mainly on looks, is probably the Red Merle Aussie:

How precious is she?!

I also love the Bernese Mtn. Dog, Huskies & Malamutes, and basically any big fluffy dog... but since I don't like massive clumps of dog hair, I'm glad my mutt is short-haired. Finally, my favorite based on temperament and looks is the German Shepherd. Okay, maybe I'm not really a breedist, since I like so many different ones!

Last edited by gizmo980; 09-21-2007 at 12:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs