Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 05:38 PM

745 posts, read 1,649,665 times

Advertisements

I see Dane there, as well as something with erect ears. What's short haired and erect eared?

Not thinking well at the moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 02:08 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,384,017 times
LOL...I looked at the pics in the link you posted and burst out laughing at the one called "Too afraid". Silly me, a caption immediately entered my thoughts: "Are you KIDDING ME??? If that thing goes, at least I'm on the safe side". :P

With mixed breeds it can often be difficult to tell the actual breeds lurking within. Do admit though, I tend to think there's at least Catahoula and maybe some dane...at least, that's what I see. And what a gorgeous boy he is! I hope you continue to post photos of him.

btw, the animal shelter here in my city tends to be very generic when it comes to 'naming the breed mix'. Almost every dog passing through their doors for a while - if it had erect ears and a pointed snout - was 'shepherd/husky'. This is what they had told me my dog Kaya was, when I adopted her...but after living with her, and after comments from three different breeders of ACDs, I finally came to the conclusion that my girl was Cattle dog mixed with whoknowswhat. No matter what her true background was though, to me she was simply the best.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:46 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,499,214 times
I see Jack Russell in Brody, that head is all Jack and so is the stance. My Chelsea was half Jack and half McNab, a type of border collie and my Dusty is half Aussie and half Rat terrier and 17 inches tall and only 30 pounds at one year, she just had pups that have Brody's color, blue merle.
Attached Thumbnails
What breed?-chelsea-five-months-2.jpg   What breed?-dusty-pups-large.jpg  

Old 11-06-2013, 11:16 AM

603 posts, read 1,948,332 times
I work at a shelter and have seen several merle pitbulls,it seems to be a new thing the backyard breeders are coming up with..up until recently ive never seen merle pits.In my opinion Brody looks like a pitbull mix,dont see any dane in him,he's too small to be dane.As the other posters have said it doesn't matter what he is he is gorgeous!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs