Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 06:29 PM

621 posts, read 1,423,430 times

Advertisements

I say Relax and let him get over it. You did the right thing, you cleaned up. Try to avoid his lawn at all cost from here on in.

Some people just like to complain and need something to grump about. Take him a bottle of wine... let him know you understand and will do all you can. About all you can do.

I have a dog that no matter how many time she poops in our yard, has to poop on a walk! Drive me crazy!!!!!! I pick up and continue on my way.

Old 07-09-2014, 07:36 PM

1,268 posts, read 3,002,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkiss View Post
Well I think you did the right thing. You picked up after your dog the way a responsible person would. Please continue to take walks with your dog and ignore the idiots who are that uptight. Life can't always be wrapped up in a neat little bow.
Yes, this!

Old 07-09-2014, 07:45 PM

6,131 posts, read 4,620,775 times
Some apartment complexes here in NC are really taking this seriously, taking DNA samples of residents' dogs and fining violators who let their dog's dung fall anywhere:

Apartment complex to DNA test dog doo | StarNewsOnline.com

As others have said, as long as someone picks up after their dog, no harm- no foul. Something that really, really irritates me is when I've seen dog droppings just in the middle of a sidewalk. How rude and low-class can someone be to just let their dog go right there... and then just leave it??? Unless they are just doing it intentionally because it just shows the world some sense of revenge by letting their dog poop on the sidewalk where people are going to walk. It's sad if that's the case.

Last edited by Jowel; 07-09-2014 at 08:20 PM..

Old 07-09-2014, 07:59 PM

7,123 posts, read 4,843,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
No one can pick all of the poop from a dog,
and you can not pick up the urine they leave behind.

The stink and contaminations smeared on the grounds which is still left behind,
and after a while animal after animal and it gets horrible.

If you believe it is ok and no problem then after you finish picking it all up
then take up the grass or wipe over the place the urine and poop was with a rag.
Now smell of it and then wipe it on your face and lips.

Now think again.

let your animal do it's business in your own yard, and you live with all of the
smells and left overs then walk it around out of our yards and property.

Same way with a park they do their business and then children play in it,
and grownups walk in it and now the poison is on their shoes.

Good lord, where on earth do you live? In the back yard of the dog pound?

Old 07-09-2014, 08:38 PM

2,848 posts, read 7,585,248 times
For the people suggesting people should walk the dogs in their own yards... Not everyone has yards. I live in NYC and when we walk our dog, it's few and far between to find grass/dirt patches within walking distance of our apartment building. Some of these patches belong to individual condo/townhouse owners. We always pick up. I don't think it's a big deal if you pick up. One time just as the dog was squatting, a woman inside a condo started banging on her window and waving her hands at us to move on. We dragged the dog away and did.... Most people pick up after their dogs, but I think the winter is the worst- people seem to assume the dog poop is hidden in the snow. When all the snow melts come April-ish? It's disgusting on the sidewalks.... Just pick up and I think that's fair. If not, put up a gate.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:55 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,766,212 times
We lived in a neighborhood that was very adamant not having your dog eliminate on the lawn. When we got our pup, we trained her to go in the street. Thrilled until we move to texas. Now it's an issue she won't go on grass!

Old 07-10-2014, 06:49 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,394,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
Good lord, where on earth do you live? In the back yard of the dog pound?
Well, I think their aim is to live in a hermetically sealed bubble.

Old 07-10-2014, 12:35 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,054,432 times
The one thing I do think that dog owners should do (I have a dog) is to not allow their dog to mark everywhere when they walk them. There's a difference in a dog needing to pee and wanting to mark his territory during the entire walk. My dogs aren't allowed to mark when on a walk, and since they have their own backyard they don't need to pee when they are out on a walk. I don't like it when a dog pees on my lawn as it burns the lawn.

Old 07-10-2014, 12:49 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,234,184 times
I don't let my dog walk on anyone's lawn so I never have to worry about it. Amazing that dog owners think they can let their dog use someone else's lawn to relieve themselves even if they pick it up. It isn't YOUR property, you have no right to let your dog use it.

My dog stays on the sidewalk when we are in front of other peoples houses. When we get to a vacant lot or public area I'll let my dog wander off the sidewalk and sniff and do his/her business if they want. I've had them do it on the sidewalk a couple times which I simply picked it up. NEVER on someone else's lawn or property.

Old 07-10-2014, 01:02 PM

4,876 posts, read 4,216,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
When we get to a vacant lot or public area I'll let my dog wander off the sidewalk and sniff and do his/her business if they want.
Vacant lots usually are someone's private property. And public areas are owned by the city/town/state/whatever. So, to be consistent, you shouldn't let your dog go there either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs