Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 03:25 PM

8,697 posts, read 11,089,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgncng View Post
Well, whatever the ratio is, 50%/50% 75%/25% it is sufficient that those who don't clean up or trespass with their animal leave a very negative impression.

Pets are a good test for how selfish/self-centered some people actually can be.
repped

Old 09-09-2016, 06:34 PM

965 posts, read 939,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
Oldhag1, you beat me to it. That bolded statement sums it up well.

It's as though the owner uses the pet as a shield, an excuse for their own spoiled-brat behavior while maintaining the smug facade of being a "dog lover" or whatever.
I agree as well. So enlightening....

Old 07-06-2017, 03:29 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,478,720 times
It's good that dog owners pick up after their dogs, but they can't pick it all up. Some of it remains in the lawn. It gets stepped on and tracked unknowingly into the house and onto the carpet. Nice way to treat neighbors, hmmm?

Attention Dog Owners. The world isn't your dog's toilet. If you can't train pooch to eliminate on your own lawn, keep him home and fenced in.

Old 07-06-2017, 12:36 PM

189 posts, read 110,854 times
Some dogs will poop only in their own yard. Others, need to walk a while before they can poop. Some dogs need to mark every vertical structure they come across; other's don't care. Like people - maybe you need to read a magazine???? Maybe you have a weak bladder and need to pee very often and can't hold it? It's nature, people!

There are lots of animals in the neighborhood - coyotes, deer, raccoons, skunks, possum, squirrels, birds .... they all poop and nobody picks it up. You probably walk in it all the time in your grass and don't even realize it. You also probably track in pesticides and herbicides from your beautiful grass when you walk across it. Those things can cause cancer and you track them in your house all the time.

Relax. The owner picked up the poop. You won't die from a little bacteria on your shoe. The world has much bigger problems.

Rant over.

Old 07-06-2017, 01:03 PM

17,347 posts, read 11,293,931 times
I have to agree. If the poop was picked up, there are bigger things to worry about. I have to wonder though how many people don't pick up the poop, or do so only if the homeowner is watching. That's the bigger issue.

Old 07-06-2017, 01:13 PM

4,314 posts, read 4,000,682 times
What was the dog doing on private property to begin with ?

Old 07-06-2017, 01:23 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,478,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northshorenative View Post
Some dogs will poop only in their own yard. Others, need to walk a while before they can poop. Some dogs need to mark every vertical structure they come across; other's don't care. Like people - maybe you need to read a magazine???? Maybe you have a weak bladder and need to pee very often and can't hold it? It's nature, people!

There are lots of animals in the neighborhood - coyotes, deer, raccoons, skunks, possum, squirrels, birds .... they all poop and nobody picks it up. You probably walk in it all the time in your grass and don't even realize it. You also probably track in pesticides and herbicides from your beautiful grass when you walk across it. Those things can cause cancer and you track them in your house all the time.

Relax. The owner picked up the poop. You won't die from a little bacteria on your shoe. The world has much bigger problems.

Rant over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I have to agree. If the poop was picked up, there are bigger things to worry about.

The dog owners are chiming in, irritated that others dare speak out against their dog's intrusive toilet habits. Shame on us for being annoyed, right? After all, there are worms and grasshoppers pooping on our lawns too.

How about this, you inconsiderate dog owners. My lawn is not your property. Stay off it. You don't get to decide for me or anyone else how much of your dog's poop we must tolerate.

Old 07-06-2017, 02:08 PM

4,314 posts, read 4,000,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
The dog owners are chiming in, irritated that others dare speak out against their dog's intrusive toilet habits. Shame on us for being annoyed, right? After all, there are worms and grasshoppers pooping on our lawns too.

How about this, you inconsiderate dog owners. My lawn is not your property. Stay off it. You don't get to decide for me or anyone else how much of your dog's poop we must tolerate.
Your last paragraph said it better than I could !

Many dog owners proclaim that their dogs "are just as much a part of my family as my kids"

I don't want your kids urinating and pooping on my yard either.

(even if you pick up after them )

Old 07-06-2017, 06:23 PM

17,347 posts, read 11,293,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post

Many dog owners proclaim that their dogs "are just as much a part of my family as my kids"

Good point. I wouldn't like it much either. I've never taken my dog walking and allowed him on someone's private property.

Old 07-06-2017, 06:48 PM

3,279 posts, read 5,321,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post

Yes, as the one person said, dog owners don't get to decide for their neighbors how much nonsense they're supposed to be OK with tolerating on their OWN property.

And people putting their pets on the same plane of significance as children, that's a special kind of disgusting I can barely fathom even existing. I think about as much of that nonsense as I do a certain German who came to power in the 1930s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs