Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 02:56 PM

265 posts, read 1,294,338 times

Advertisements

Belle, has there been any communication with them? A few days have passed without word and I'm wondering...thank you for being there for the animals, and thanks for the great idea about ICE--I currently live alone, have 4 dogs (taking care of my sister's who just arrived Saturday), and never thought of this. Worse case though, if anything happened to me during the week, my dog care person would be in the following day, but how would she know? Scary just thinking about it!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 08:08 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,398,154 times
UPDATE! AGAIN!
how the world turns...........
i got a call at work.........it was my neighbor. he asked me if i could dog sit till Sunday....of course i am upset with them but i aint gonna take it out on the dogs, so i agreed. so i have their chocolate lab and bassett hound in my backyard and have the covered patio set up with cozy couch and water troughs and food bowls and lots of bones etc.
my pug aint so happy but my boston terrier goes out and plays with them a bit.
their dogs cant get in to my house thru the doggy door, cuz they are too big, but its ok cuz the owners said they aint housebroke.
so i reckon they must have realized that i was RIGHT and they just couldnt outright admit it and swallow their pride, but by them asking ME to dogsit instead of the other neighbors that did last week, says something, dont it?

Old 08-19-2008, 10:02 PM

1,477 posts, read 7,918,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
UPDATE! AGAIN!
so i reckon they must have realized that i was RIGHT and they just couldnt outright admit it and swallow their pride, but by them asking ME to dogsit instead of the other neighbors that did last week, says something, dont it?
Belle, that says it all! Congratulations!!!

Old 08-19-2008, 10:35 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,398,154 times
thank you Leorah...........my friends know me for my "good deeds" and how i always get screwed over, and a few keep repeating the lesson i learn "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished".........well, seems to be true most of the time, but sometimes, i do find a cloud with a silver lining!!! yippee!!! good will always overcome evil..sometimes it just takes time

Old 08-20-2008, 06:40 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,445,799 times
Am happy your neighbors came to their senses and am happy they'll be with you, I just feel for their poor dogs who didn't ask to be put in that situation, living outside like they do, I would hope they're on h/w meds and flea preventative.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:48 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,693,534 times
Thank you for the update! I'm so glad they swallowed their pride and did what is best for their dogs. Congratulations, your intervention had the desired result.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:29 AM

265 posts, read 1,294,338 times
What happened to the "sheetzu"? And yes, of course their asking speaks volumes! You're a true friend to animals--and people too, it sounds like. I never even considered the need to carry an ICE, but I'm doing so starting today!!!

Old 06-04-2009, 06:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,418 times
I have a neighbor who leaves their little puppy boxer outside all day in the 91* temp here in illinois...makes me so angry...i just want to take her and bring her inside so she can not die of the heat.they have water out for her but nothing else and where is she suppose to potty i think they have her just to look cool...makes me ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grrrrrrrr... so i feel your pain on your neighbors dogs there...excuses excuses...neglect has no excuse.

Old 05-16-2010, 01:59 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,781,450 times
Shih Tzu. No need to censor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs