Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 05:33 PM

369 posts, read 2,165,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveHorses View Post
Yes, it does "blow", for you and for the dog. Please don't forget that it's a very, very difficult way for BOTH of you to live.

While I have no comment to make about the incident, I would like to ask if you're working on treating this anxiety. Separation anxiety is not something just to be endured by either you or the dog. It requires treatment so that both of you can enjoy life.

Yeah, we are doing our best to treat it.. Starting off small.. Leaving the house in small increments of time.. He's made a little progress.. He used to follow us from room to room.. Now he's able to sleep in his crate... in the other room at night.. He doesn't have to watch me shower.. He's getting better.. but we still cant leave him home alone .. it is driving us insane, but I hope one day we'll look back and laugh at all of this..

We just picked him up from day care.. they didn't charge us, and they told us to let them know if there is anything they can do..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 06:28 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,699,747 times
On occasion things happen when dogs get together. Thank goodness everybody is ok!!!

Old 08-23-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
On occasion things happen when dogs get together. Thank goodness everybody is ok!!!

true, but now my dog has a cut less then 1 inch away from his eye... through no fault of his own... If this was a child we were talking about everyone would want to see the dogs head roll..

Old 08-23-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post

also, it would be fine by me if the dogs were playing and this happened... no big deal... but the fact that these dogs were left alone in the same area as I.... it's just messed up... im thankful radar lived to bark about it!

Old 08-23-2009, 07:04 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,090,629 times
You may want to talk to the manager or the employee himself about taking proper care. However, if you get into creating an issue where it goes to the big brass--you may find yourself without doggy daycare due to their fear of lawsuits.

They seem to be willing to work with you. That would be enough for me if they indicated they were going to address it, so it didn't happen again.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tama View Post
You may want to talk to the manager or the employee himself about taking proper care. However, if you get into creating an issue where it goes to the big brass--you may find yourself without doggy daycare due to their fear of lawsuits.

They seem to be willing to work with you. That would be enough for me if they indicated they were going to address it, so it didn't happen again.

Yeah, we could make a big deal of this.. then get screwed out of day care.. We got free day care today.. they said they were sorry.. I'm going to squash it.. I just hope it doesn't happen again... It was human error.. not doggy error.. in my opinion!!

anyways, thanks for letting me vent!!

Old 08-23-2009, 09:38 PM

13,927 posts, read 39,302,018 times
When we the owners left our dogs on out of sight stays the Trainer & several non owner helpers stayed behind for just this reason. They need to re think how they are training! I would not worry to much about the scrape. Hair grows back. But do watch out for behavior changes! Did he act scared or defensive when they jumped him? Did he act playful?

Old 08-23-2009, 09:54 PM

605 posts, read 2,990,160 times
Personally, I think the trainer was really careless about leaving the dogs while they left the area. The dog owners probably thought the trainer knew what s/he was doing and as an employee of the store the trainer must have known that other people/dogs would be in the area. A big boo hiss to the trainer for allowing this to happen.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:57 AM

1,688 posts, read 8,147,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench Warmer View Post
it is driving us insane, but I hope one day we'll look back and laugh at all of this..
My heart goes out to you - it's truly a very difficult way to live.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:01 PM

3 posts, read 3,242 times
It's long time since you posted this, I hope you managed to sort out your problem and your dog was ok in the long run.

My dog has received very similar marks on his face, likely from sticking it where it shouldn't be, we aren't sure, he is 6 months a bruiser and a meathead. I was wondering how your pup's scrape cleaned up and if the hair grew back, our pup's face looks pretty bad, I'd hate to think people would think he had a fight or something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs