Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 01:14 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,558,959 times

Advertisements

No hike today.

Of course blaming global volatility

They were expecting four hikes before.

GDP growth is lowered as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 01:20 PM

106,691 posts, read 108,856,202 times
so they should raise rates with things regressing ?

i got to hand to you amateur economist wannabees , you guys are nuts .

Old 03-16-2016, 01:23 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,558,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post

I though you liked higher rates

Interest on savings

Old 03-16-2016, 01:25 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:

How about paying attention to WHY things are regressing?

No one has bothered to fix or address the underlying problems facing the REAL economy. That would require foresight, and maybe a little brains and perseverance. Instead, we were given the Fed's medicine, and told to shut up and like it.

I'm glad you enjoy this soviet style planned economy. Most would prefer to have the real America back in business. The one that could compete, and the one that could wipe it's own ass. If government dependence is what you desire however, the future is looking bright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post

Interest on savings
The bank will steal your money, whether interest rates are high or low. That is what they do. No one wins with interest payments on savings alone.

Old 03-16-2016, 01:43 PM

2,189 posts, read 3,317,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
The bank will steal your money, whether interest rates are high or low. That is what they do.
Can you elaborate?

Old 03-16-2016, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
How about paying attention to WHY things are regressing?

No one has bothered to fix or address the underlying problems facing the REAL economy. That would require foresight, and maybe a little brains and perseverance. Instead, we were given the Fed's medicine, and told to shut up and like it.

I'm glad you enjoy this soviet style planned economy. Most would prefer to have the real America back in business. The one that could compete, and the one that could wipe it's own ass. If government dependence is what you desire however, the future is looking bright.

The bank will steal your money, whether interest rates are high or low. That is what they do. No one wins with interest payments on savings alone.
we know all you amateur economists here have all the solutions . you guys are real good at monday morning quarter backing.

what i see is an economy in this country that is a whole lot less bad then 2008. i think the fed did as best as they could keeping us from what could have been a distater .

after a major heart attack like we had there is bound to be recovery ramifications . it will not be business as usual for quite a while .

but hey keep quarterbacking after the fact .

when you are picked for the board of governors for your brilliance and knowledge then you your opinion has some credibility but until then it is just that -an opinion

Old 03-16-2016, 02:39 PM

Quote:
we know all you amateur economists here have all the solutions . you guys are real good at monday morning quarter backing.

what i see is an economy in this country that is a whole lot less bad then 2008. i think the fed did as best as they could keeping us from what could have been a distater .

after a major heart attack like we had there is bound to be recovery ramifications . it will not be business as usual for quite a while .

but hey keep quarterbacking after the fact .

when you are picked for the board of governors for your brilliance and knowledge then you your opinion has some credibility but until then it is just that -an opinion
Economics is not a hard science. It is a man made illusion based entirely on theories of select schools of thought.

Central bankers and politicians are laughing at people like you, and rightfully so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCNova View Post
Can you elaborate?
Banks have to make money too. Even when they can't.

Old 03-16-2016, 02:52 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,603,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post

Interest on savings
If the Fed raises rates and drives the economy into the ground, how would all those newly-unemployed people earn money to save?

Old 03-16-2016, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
If the Fed raises rates and drives the economy into the ground, how would all those newly-unemployed people earn money to save?
Money is not a necessity. Food, water, perhaps shelter... Those are necessities. Thankfully, America is a prosperous nation with plenty for all who contribute and work hard to make this nation great. If we allow the banksters to complete corrupt this nation, and we completely sell out the means to sustain our standard of living, look out below. Life is going to suck for almost everyone in this country. Those at the top would not be immune. Merely possessing wealth will become something of a liability.

See where Russia is today? That's pretty much where we are headed. Have fun.

Old 03-16-2016, 03:21 PM

have a nice life without money . let us know how that works out for you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics