Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2010, 09:12 AM

22 posts, read 82,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJsMOM83 View Post
Hey, let me know if you get in, that would be pretty neat actually, as long as you dont get caught!

I would love to see the pics that you took. Most ghoshunters I've spokent to with discount orbs for several different reasons, but nonetheless, they are intriguing and I'd still like to see the pics. If thats okay with you?
Do you know of any other houses that are abandoned and haunted? They don't have to be abandoned but it would be nice haha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 01:26 PM

276 posts, read 805,556 times
Have any of you tried to get permission to investigate Fort Bliss. I am stationed here and hear the many haunted stories all the time of this place. Would be cool to find out if any of them are true.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:54 PM

491 posts, read 1,045,938 times
[quote=Meowy;12981212]Also, this past Halloween 93.1 was talking about the figure that appears on Goggle maps when you do the street view (I checked also about two weeks ago and they've updated the pics and it looks like the figure is gone)......We looked on CAD and there was an owner listed but they have a different residential mailing address and the house on Silver doesn't have a homestead exemption (obviously an investment property or something).quote]

Supposedly the figure was a pice of clothing or something on the statue/fountain that was in front of the house at the time the pic was taken. I havent passed by in months, so idk if its still there.

Also, I had entered the address into the CAD website as well, but no info came up for that house, where did you look?

Old 02-22-2010, 03:19 PM

491 posts, read 1,045,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierBoyBliss View Post

thanks for the link, this is interesting!

Old 02-23-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierBoyBliss View Post
Have any of you tried to get permission to investigate Fort Bliss. I am stationed here and hear the many haunted stories all the time of this place. Would be cool to find out if any of them are true.
yeah i've lived here all my life and i always hear about those stories. the one that has interested me the most though is the one about the child care center at beaumont. how would we get the permission to investigate those places in fort bliss.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:49 PM

46 posts, read 153,217 times
okay after reading some posts I just had to mention a house I lived in during the late 70's. I was born in El Paso but my family moved in and out during my childhood before settling in New Mexico. So this is one of my fist memories of El Paso as a child. We had just moved back from Calif. and my parents rented a house in the lower valley on Starr Ave. It was a duplex that had been converted to one single house. It had a huge weeping willow in front and a horse farm next to it. The guy next door came over the day we were moving in and made a remark about the owners. I don't remember what was said but my parents joked about it. Anyway to make a long story short. After 2 weeks our maid quit. We lasted 5 months the night we left I remember hearing my mom screaming my dad shouting and running grabbing my brother and I running out the back door my mom crying and driving to my grandmas house late at night i our pjs. My mom refused to enter the house my dad and uncle moved our stuff out. Sooo much "stuff" happened at that place that I can remember everyone in my family had their experience as well. I saw an old lady with kinky white hair in a striped house coat staring at me one night by the water well outside my window my brother and I were frozen and we just screamed but could not move out of fear. My mom had to change our sheets she thought it was our imagination. Till this I cannot look outside a window at night it makes my stomach turn. I remember one morning waking up to one wall of our room wallpapered with both ants and roaches . We called an exterminator and he told my mom hes never seen them isolated to one area like that especially the roaches. My Dad told a biker friend of his about noises on the roof banging on the walls so he gave us a doberman pinscher in case someone was trying to brake in. She was fixated on the willow tree used to scratch at the bark and would bark like crazy my dad assumed it was an animal since the valley was mainly farmland back then so we dismissed it. My maid said she saw a man sleeping under it and when she went out to run him off, she thought he was crosser. She told my mom he just started laughing at her and that made her mad so she turned around to go back in as she turned to threaten him that she was going to call the police he was gone. She was super religious and wanted my mom to do something but my parents aren't superstitious so they kept thinking everyone was just freaking each other out. This might have been just by chance but we couldn't find the dog one night since the was kept indoors we kept calling her and she never came the next morning we found her head shoved in a chain link fence next to the willow tree. My Dad believed it was teenagers. It was the grossest think I had ever seen I remember it vividly. My brother found him. We left a couple of days after that. I can tell you little things that would happen but those were the biggest ones. The tree is gone I googled it and what looks like a car shop next to it. I refuse to drive by that house since my kids are dying to see it.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schog View Post
okay after reading some posts I just had to mention a house I lived in during the late 70's. I was born in El Paso but my family moved in and out during my childhood before settling in New Mexico. So this is one of my fist memories of El Paso as a child. We had just moved back from Calif. and my parents rented a house in the lower valley on Starr Ave. It was a duplex that had been converted to one single house. It had a huge weeping willow in front and a horse farm next to it. The guy next door came over the day we were moving in and made a remark about the owners. I don't remember what was said but my parents joked about it. Anyway to make a long story short. After 2 weeks our maid quit. We lasted 5 months the night we left I remember hearing my mom screaming my dad shouting and running grabbing my brother and I running out the back door my mom crying and driving to my grandmas house late at night i our pjs. My mom refused to enter the house my dad and uncle moved our stuff out. Sooo much "stuff" happened at that place that I can remember everyone in my family had their experience as well. I saw an old lady with kinky white hair in a striped house coat staring at me one night by the water well outside my window my brother and I were frozen and we just screamed but could not move out of fear. My mom had to change our sheets she thought it was our imagination. Till this I cannot look outside a window at night it makes my stomach turn. I remember one morning waking up to one wall of our room wallpapered with both ants and roaches . We called an exterminator and he told my mom hes never seen them isolated to one area like that especially the roaches. My Dad told a biker friend of his about noises on the roof banging on the walls so he gave us a doberman pinscher in case someone was trying to brake in. She was fixated on the willow tree used to scratch at the bark and would bark like crazy my dad assumed it was an animal since the valley was mainly farmland back then so we dismissed it. My maid said she saw a man sleeping under it and when she went out to run him off, she thought he was crosser. She told my mom he just started laughing at her and that made her mad so she turned around to go back in as she turned to threaten him that she was going to call the police he was gone. She was super religious and wanted my mom to do something but my parents aren't superstitious so they kept thinking everyone was just freaking each other out. This might have been just by chance but we couldn't find the dog one night since the was kept indoors we kept calling her and she never came the next morning we found her head shoved in a chain link fence next to the willow tree. My Dad believed it was teenagers. It was the grossest think I had ever seen I remember it vividly. My brother found him. We left a couple of days after that. I can tell you little things that would happen but those were the biggest ones. The tree is gone I googled it and what looks like a car shop next to it. I refuse to drive by that house since my kids are dying to see it.
Can you give me the adress by any chance? You interested me a lot in the house now haha.

Old 02-26-2010, 01:27 PM

I dont know the exact address but if you google 8098 Starr Ave. youll find it. The front left corner was where the weeping willow was. I think the neighbors original house is still there but looks like they sold part of it to a mechanic shop. He used to have horses and sheep there that would graze. If you see that light pole there it was put there by him he told my dad he paid to have it installed because his horses and sheep would spook at night and thought that wild dogs were after them. Where that light is and behind that little tree by the window there used to be a green water well house and that was directly outside our bedroom window. My mom only had a valance up because the well blocked the window a bit so we had no curtains thats how we saw the woman looking in that night. The light was always on outside. That willow was huge and wonder how they got that out. I dont know if its still a rental. The neighbor told my dad that something was not right with that house and felt like he should say something to my parents since they had children moving in. My parents thought he meant structurally. Before our maid packed and left she placed a pair of open scissors under my bed, does anyone know why? My mom removed them because she thought all this stuff was dumb and thought she was just exagerating and didnt believe in the supernatural. Until she had her own experiences.
I dont live in El Paso anymore or Id send my husband to fetch the address for you. My brother and sister will not go near the house either.

Old 02-26-2010, 02:05 PM

okay never mind I googled open scissors and found out its a form of protection but I think its usually put under pillows. I guess she figured my mom wouldnt find it under the bed. My parents were hippies when I born so they did not believe in any form of organized religion (love all?) which is why my mom would dismiss her claims thinking she was overtly religious and superstitious. Oh and she would put baby's breath (sp?) in our rooms too. She was really into that whole curandero stuff, I guess.

Old 02-26-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schog View Post
okay never mind I googled open scissors and found out its a form of protection but I think its usually put under pillows. I guess she figured my mom wouldnt find it under the bed. My parents were hippies when I born so they did not believe in any form of organized religion (love all?) which is why my mom would dismiss her claims thinking she was overtly religious and superstitious. Oh and she would put baby's breath (sp?) in our rooms too. She was really into that whole curandero stuff, I guess.
Yeah they're for protection but I guess she put them under the bed because she thought it was kind of dangerous. I'm gonna look it up right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso