Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 03:49 PM

639 posts, read 1,043,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Talking about the way EP looked way back....i remember back in elementary school in the 70's when we went to our friends home on Yarbrough there was nothing east of it as thats where EP ended and it was nothing but desert.

And now it's almost touching Horizon City......
I remember that to, down the road from there was the Lomaland exit and a little bit down from that were two big hills right off the interstate 10, they level them to build the Allen Bradly plant back in the late 70's, I use to take my dogs there to chase and kill rabbits.

Old 03-01-2008, 12:56 AM

11 posts, read 47,681 times
Thank you for starting this thread LEVOW - I love my El Paso -- ain't nothin' like it in the world! I'm so glad we moved back home...though it did take me 5 months to find a good job (!) its ok, it means the world to me that I can share everything with my family and friends that are here in this beautiful city. Like GRAD-STUDENT said about being outside of El Paso, "sure there are lots of things to do, but if you are alone it doesn't matter".....I couldn't agree more.

So proud to call myself an El Pasoan!

Old 03-01-2008, 04:13 PM

El Paso is not your crystal kinda of city nore is it surrounded by water or have green waves of trees mile afer mile of forrestation where you can actually get lost or have a hard time finding your way around, water and greenery are great but we need to stay dry, not to dry however, El Paso is neither blazing HOT nore is it "brrrrr" FREEZING, nothing has to be beautiful to be loved but El Paso's weather can give it that beautiful feeling to it at times.

El Paso is for some people, not for everbody, thats why we have the freedom and options to move around to places where we can feel comfortable, happy, safe and secure, you can be a native El Pasoan and totally agree with me or you can also totally disagree with me and that is fine with me to because if you keep looking you will eventually find this place that will make you happy.

I am happy now and I believe that I will be happier when I move back to El Paso, and that sounds pretty nice to me.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:18 PM

1 posts, read 2,246 times
I moved away from El Paso a few years ago to New Hampshire. That is a beautiful place to live but, the people do not even compare with El Pasoans. I missed the sunshine, the desert, friendly people, the Mexican food, the great cost of living, I could go on forever. There is absolutely nothing like the desert at night!!!

Old 03-05-2008, 05:00 PM

Well cudos to you for hanging in there ctrumbo, I myself happen to probably live in the most beautiful city in the whole country at the moment but I already know that when I leave here I'm taking my heart back with me to El Paso.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:50 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,954,930 times
Yeah I love El Paso at Night... it help obscures the ugly parts, and high-lites the beauty of the city. The star reminding us were in El Paso TX, the towers on the mountain blinking in some form of unknown language. The stars, in the sky shinning down, the edge of the mountain highlighted by the city on the other side of mountain. El Paso is really nice at night.. its quiet, the hustle and bustle of the city is at an end and its just you and the city, quiet with your thoughts.. yepp Nothing like El Paso at night.

I loved working on Fort Bliss at Night, the quiet and calm of the fort.. the beauty of the officers row, and the amber light.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:10 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
I love El Paso. Really. You have mountain scenery, great sunrises and sunsets, palm trees, desert climate, wonderful food. What's not to like? I'd rather think about the positives about EP, and they far outweigh the negatives. So it's not Houston or Dallas. Big deal. El Paso has a charm all its own, like any other Texas city. It's dynamic. It's robust. It's magical. And I can't wait until I get a new car and drive all the way back to this wonderful city and make another visit. It's worth every mile.

Now that's what I like about Texas!

Old 03-11-2008, 04:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,191 times
You have to see it that way its your city of course you are not going to find anything wrong with it . But the true is that is a lot of things that are wrong ovr here. For example the school system is nothing to be prod of. The only thing that they teach in the school is to pass the TKAS. What kind of education is that. They really need to teach the kids about different subjects specially in elementeary school they don't teach the kids about the presidents or let put it this way about soc. stu. much. If you go out of the area and don't like it you are not opened minded. Traffic is bad. The people aren't that very nice. They most be nice to you,u r a local.... They don't like outsiders. Now i give to you that there is good food and may be aplce or two to go safely and have agood time. The true is that is not that great. Hate to brake the bubble.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:51 PM

The Unofficial "I LOVE EL PASO THREAD" {strictly positive} please keep it that way, even when under the influence.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:57 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,621,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
I love El Paso. Really. You have mountain scenery, great sunrises and sunsets, palm trees, desert climate, wonderful food. What's not to like? I'd rather think about the positives about EP, and they far outweigh the negatives. So it's not Houston or Dallas. Big deal. El Paso has a charm all its own, like any other Texas city. It's dynamic. It's robust. It's magical. And I can't wait until I get a new car and drive all the way back to this wonderful city and make another visit. It's worth every mile.

Now that's what I like about Texas!
Thats a nice post Case !! I can't wait for all the new growth at Ft.Bliss to materialize and also Downtown's new digs as well as UTEP expanding and the new Med School and Childrens Hospital and Hospital off Lopp 375 over on the east side of town and also all the new Apartment Complexe's that Muhnay spoke about etc... it sure won't look or feel like when i was a kid there back in the 70's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso