Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 05:39 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,747,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Good thing I'm not running in California. My position would be to sell California to China to pay off part of our debt to the Chinese.

But seriously, you get the politicians you deserve. If you think a good and bad terminator and a re-run of Governor Moonbeam will help your 12.4% unemployment rate, serious debt problem because of out of control spending, high taxes, illegal alien haven, unions sucking you dry and intrusive government just keep doing what your doing.
Its funny you listen to the loons from California and you would get the impression that their economy is no worse than any other state. I think most of them live in another state........the state of denial!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 05:41 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,278,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcjap View Post
I've met lots of them in NC...
It must suck to know that Durham, NC is rated as being smarter than San Fran or LA, by a looooooooong shot.

http://www.newser.com/story/99283/sm...n-america.html

Old 10-25-2010, 06:41 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,595,688 times
Things are lookin' good for California! I wish you well. I hope Florida voters catch your enthusiasm early

RealClearPolitics - California Dems Avoiding Enthusiasm Gap

'...But a new poll out Sunday from the Los Angeles Times and the University of Southern California showed both Boxer and Democratic former Gov. Jerry Brown, who is seeking his old seat, leading their GOP opponents, Fiorina and Meg Whitman, respectively, by healthy margins....'

Old 10-25-2010, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Things are lookin' good for California! I wish you well. I hope Florida voters catch your enthusiasm early

RealClearPolitics - California Dems Avoiding Enthusiasm Gap

'...But a new poll out Sunday from the Los Angeles Times and the University of Southern California showed both Boxer and Democratic former Gov. Jerry Brown, who is seeking his old seat, leading their GOP opponents, Fiorina and Meg Whitman, respectively, by healthy margins....'
LOL, looks like that was short lived.

"The latest Rasmussen Reports statewide telephone survey of Likely Voters shows Boxer picking up 48% of the vote, while Fiorina draws support from 46%. Three percent (3%) prefer some other candidate, and three percent (3%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)
The race remains a Toss-Up in the Rasmussen Reports Election 2010 Senate Balance of Power rankings."

RealClearPolitics - Election 2010 - California Senate - Boxer vs. Fiorina

Election 2010: California Senate - Rasmussen Reports™

Old 10-25-2010, 07:25 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,595,688 times
Brown and Boxer Have Significant Leads, New Poll Shows - NYTimes.com

"...Mr. Brown leads Ms. Whitman among Latino voters by 59 percent to 23 percent; in the poll, 52 percent of Latinos said they had an unfavorable view of Ms. Whitman, compared with 22 percent who had a favorable opinion..."

Old 10-25-2010, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Brown and Boxer Have Significant Leads, New Poll Shows - NYTimes.com

"...Mr. Brown leads Ms. Whitman among Latino voters by 59 percent to 23 percent; in the poll, 52 percent of Latinos said they had an unfavorable view of Ms. Whitman, compared with 22 percent who had a favorable opinion..."
See above, the poll you reference was taken before the Rasmussen poll. The Rasmussen poll gauges the most recent voter preference.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:33 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,662,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
It must suck to know that Durham, NC is rated as being smarter than San Fran or LA, by a looooooooong shot.

Smartest Cities in America - Boulder, Durham, DC trump Ivy stronghold Boston
What a weak comeback, but since you're taking the low-rent route, I'll respond by saying that it must suck to know that the best-educated cities and states generally vote for Democrats. Durham is heavily Democratic.

Also, I can assure you that the vast majority of people in San Francisco and L.A. aren't wishing that they could live in Durham, North Carolina, but I bet a lot of people in Durham wish they lived in San Francisco or L.A.

Harris Interactive: Harris Polls > New York City, San Diego and Las Vegas Top List of Cities People Would Like to Live In or Near

Old 10-25-2010, 12:14 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,449,100 times
He didn't succeed the first time why should he be elected a second time?

Meg's got my vote.

Old 10-25-2010, 02:32 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,662,850 times
California Correctional Peace Officers Association comes out against Meg Whitman:

Bobblehead Meg Whitman Video - Meg For Meg, Not For California

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmudJ...layer_embedded

Old 10-25-2010, 06:40 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,525,235 times
I love this commercial.....

Calitics:: Meg Whitman and Arnold Schwarzenegger: Separated at Birth?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections