Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 08:15 AM

1,650 posts, read 3,871,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
hes also the incumbent, which alone makes it more difficult.

people know obama, he is familiar. people dont know the other candidates, and the other candidates may be worse.

the op is an admitted republican though so its pointless to even debate this, since his mind is already made up.
That is part of the problem. We know Obama. We know our freedom is being destroyed. We know the 9.1% unemployment. We know the housing crisis. We know that the length of time it takes to find a job in rapidly increasing. We know the 14.1 trillion dollar deficit. We know jobs are leaving the U.S. because insane and costly environmental regulations put in place by the administration. We know the number of people that lost jobs as a result of the drilling ban in the gulf.

At this point, if Clifford the Big Red Dog were running for president against Obama, I think I would vote for Clifford.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 03:50 PM

11,448 posts, read 14,497,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Unless the economy rises like a Phoenix, Obama will be back to community organizing in 2013.

But perhaps I am wrong.

Tell me how. Please be specific.

By the way, I feel that it would take a crop of candidates FAR worse than we have now to find one that would lose to Obama under the above stated conditions.

Most people don't follow politics that closely. After the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF HOURS of political advertisements that will be aired from now until then I think people will vote for any sort of change. (Now where have I heard that word "change" before? )

Hope don't pay the mortgage.
Simple. The latest polling shows the majority do not hold him responsible for either.

Old 07-01-2011, 05:51 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,559,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Simple. The latest polling shows the majority do not hold him responsible for either.
The latest polling also has him behind ALL GOP candidates.

Fox News Poll: Balanced Budget Amendment Favored, Obama's Stimulus Panned - FoxNews.com

Old 07-01-2011, 03:45 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,439,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Why do you have to make racist statements?
President Obama's race is a collosal problem for those in a party that has become synonymous with bigotry and racial insensitivity. Mentioning this is not "racist." Ludicrous your assertion, but not surprising.

Old 07-01-2011, 04:04 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,044,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Why do you have to make racist statements?
That's ALL they have to combat the criticism. Luckily, they have abused the use of the race card so often it has lost it's impact.

What else can they talk about? His great handling of the economy, where the polls show that 60+% disapprove of his job performance? Go on right down the line - debt, deficit, taxes....he's underwater in each and every one.

We can't get to 2012 soon enough.

Old 07-01-2011, 04:08 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,754,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
President Obama's race is a collosal problem for those in a party that has become synonymous with bigotry and racial insensitivity. Mentioning this is not "racist." Ludicrous your assertion, but not surprising.
President Obama isn't even a factor, the GOPs war on the middle class and Ryans Pathway to Poverty have created a situation where anyone except the top 4% voting for them is voting against their own self interest. That combined with the battles going on in the states leave people no choice but to vote for anyone but the GOP

Old 07-01-2011, 04:28 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,291,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
President Obama's race has nothing to do with it and you know it.

I don't understand why some liberals like to label people by their race... it is just so insensitive.

Lets talk about politics and issues, but leave races out of it please.

Old 07-01-2011, 06:50 PM

11,448 posts, read 14,497,793 times
Quote:
The latest polling also has him behind ALL GOP candidates.

Fox News Poll: Balanced Budget Amendment Favored, Obama's Stimulus Panned - FoxNews.com
Wow what a surprise, Fox news says the opposite of what the majority of other polls are showing.

Also you didn't address what the answer I provided, just switched gears to avoid reality.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:56 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,559,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Wow what a surprise, Fox news says the opposite of what the majority of other polls are showing.

Also you didn't address what the answer I provided, just switched gears to avoid reality.
Face it...your wrong:

RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

Obama is sinking like a rock in a pond.

...and you haven't addressed the title of this thread.

Gee, I wonder why that is?

Old 07-02-2011, 06:56 AM

1,282 posts, read 1,909,388 times
Quote:
Unless the economy rises like a Phoenix, Obama will be back to community organizing in 2013.

But perhaps I am wrong.

Tell me how. Please be specific.

By the way, I feel that it would take a crop of candidates FAR worse than we have now to find one that would lose to Obama under the above stated conditions.

Most people don't follow politics that closely. After the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF HOURS of political advertisements that will be aired from now until then I think people will vote for any sort of change. (Now where have I heard that word "change" before? )

Hope don't pay the mortgage.
Obama will win only if the Republicans are stupid enough to nominate a far right of center candidate like Bachman, Cain or Palin. If the Republicans nominate a moderate center right candidate that is not going to spend all his/her time on social issues like trying to force women to have babies and telling terminally ill suffering people that the government will tell them how to live and when to die, people like myself will vote for that candidate and he/she will win. The Republicans should have read the warning in the last election about nominationg far right of center candidates because they would have at least 3 more Senate seats including the seat here in Nevada if they had nominated mainstream candidates. They forced me to vote for Harry Reid when I would have rather had a more moderate Republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections