Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 11:50 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,126,687 times

Advertisements

Gov. Perry is at his best when he delivers a speech to a friendly audience, and without a lot of dissent. He can be charming and engaging and has a swagger and style that can be appealing.

That being said, when he in injected into a pressurized and intense atmosphere, he does begin to unravel a bit, and is clearly not at his best. During these debates, he is going to have to defend the litany of high controversial opinions he has, and to date he has not done this well.

I honesty think Romney would give Obama the most competetion without unraveling and drifting. It is my feeling that the Dems prefer to go against Perry----too many skeletons in the closet and the highly supercharged pressurized atmosphere may be a real problem for Gov. Perry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 11:51 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,974,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Then why are you even discussing this? You don't even know how truly 'tacky' it was.
Because I strongly disagree with the premise that it is tacky to protest a candidate that is from your own party. Sure there are instances where it CAN be, but it is not tacky by default to so in ALL situations, which is what your initial post implied.

Old 09-21-2011, 09:53 AM

7 posts, read 119,823 times
i'm curious. what EXACTLY has obama done so terribly. no right momboo please. be honest. what have you seen with your own eyes. or something that fox hasnt drumbeatted into your heads. i am honestly curious. then, what has the right done so greatly for the usa. be honest.

Old 09-21-2011, 11:06 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,922,446 times
this thread proves how screwed we are as a country and why many should have no business being allowed to vote.

im specifically talking to those who say they'll vote for anybody against obama or those who say they'll vote for obama against anybody.

the person with that mindset deserves no right to vote. your just a puppet for whichever party you are backing. proves you have no ability to research positions and candidates, and support a candidate you like, even if they may not win.

research the candidates, vote for who you support.

with this mindset, you are voting for who the party tells you to vote for, therefore making your vote worthless.

Old 09-21-2011, 11:09 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,640,148 times
Uh oh -- it looks like the conservatives are catching on .... Perry doesn't have a chance in hell of winning in November.

Old 09-21-2011, 03:49 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannywommann View Post
i'm curious. what EXACTLY has obama done so terribly. no right momboo please. be honest. what have you seen with your own eyes. or something that fox hasnt drumbeatted into your heads. i am honestly curious. then, what has the right done so greatly for the usa. be honest.
better still what has he done period except ask for more money? As for the right? What in the heck are you taling about or do you even know? I will give you a few examples of what Obama has done, say to it that Obamacare passed when 60 to 70% of the country didn't want it: kept asking for more money so the government could create make believe jobs, but so far nothing: hasn't passed or signed a balanced budget: I am guessing you are just an Obama supporter (maybe a lib) but you really do not pay much attention to what is or is not happening in our country. May I ask where you came up with the word "drumbeatted" ? and may I ask why do you think Republicans get their ideas all from FOX and do you watch Fox at all? I doubt it, or you would know, they have many middle of the road and liberal contributors.

Nita

Old 09-21-2011, 04:00 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,345,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
At this stage of the game don't care who the Republican is who runs against obama, they have my vote.

As Perry might say, AMEN!

Old 09-21-2011, 04:12 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,922,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
As Perry might say, AMEN!
a visual aid of my prior post. will only vote for who the GOP tells him to vote for.

Old 09-21-2011, 05:19 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Ron Paul 2012!

Keep hope alive!

Old 09-21-2011, 05:30 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,345,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
a visual aid of my prior post. will only vote for who the GOP tells him to vote for.
You say this like you think we have a choice.

When the Dems quit nominating idiots, I will too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections