Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2011, 09:37 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,351,543 times

Advertisements

Bimbo eruptions always trump important issues in this country. It's been that way for a very long time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 09:39 AM

10,125 posts, read 14,047,884 times
Default Fifth woman raises questions about Cain's behavior

Fifth woman raises questions about Cain's behavior | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner (http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/article/fifth-woman-raises-questions-about-cains-behavior - broken link)

Quote:
A former employee of the United States Agency for International Development says Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain asked her to help arrange a dinner date for him with a female audience member following a speech he delivered nine years ago. Donna Donella, 40, of Arlington, said the USAID paid Cain to deliver a speech to businessmen and women in Egypt in 2002, during which an Egyptian businesswoman in her 30s asked Cain a question.

"And after the seminar was over," Donella told The Washington Examiner, "Cain came over to me and a colleague and said, 'Could you put me in touch with that lovely young lady who asked the question, so I can give her a more thorough answer over dinner?'"

Donella, who no longer works for USAID, said they were suspicious of Cain's motives and declined to set up the date. Cain responded, "Then you and I can have dinner." That's when two female colleagues intervened and suggested they all go to dinner together, Donella said.

Cain exhibited no inappropriate sexual behavior during the dinner, though he did order two $400 bottles of wine and stuck the women with the bill, she said.
The next time the women heard from Cain was Christmas, when he sent them his gospel CD.

Donella said she felt it was important to describe her encounter with Cain after hearing more serious allegations of sexual harassment brought by other women.
"I couldn't swear that he had some untoward intentions, but we all thought his tone was suspect and we didn't feel comfortable putting him in touch with that woman," Donella recalled.

"I think [Cain] should not be a serious candidate for the presidential nomination because of what I've seen," said Donella, an independent who said she voted for President Obama in 2008 and probably will again next year. "He's not a person I would want running the country."
Cain's campaign did not immediately respond to inquiries from The Examiner.
This sounds kind of weak.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:57 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,608,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
The important thing in all this is how Cain handles himself under pressure and he's not doing well in that department. According to Politico, who first broke this story, they gave him ten days notice that the article was coming out and asked for his statement. He wasn't blind-sided and had plenty of time to figure out how to handle this. His idea of how to address this story actually made it a bigger story than it needed to be. If he fails at handling a Mickey Mouse issue, what's he going to do if he's playing on the world stage and he's denying America's part in something important?
What should he have done? All he can do is tell the truth. He has a right to face his accusers, so far only one has come forward, and for me, his credability trumps hers. In order to believe this, I need witnesses, or evidence - where's the blue dress.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:57 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,700,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatkins View Post
Fifth woman raises questions about Cain's behavior | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner (http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/article/fifth-woman-raises-questions-about-cains-behavior - broken link)

This sounds kind of weak.
If this were the first accusation, yep... but come on, this is the FIFTH. I think it's pretty obvious by now that Cain has a high sex drive and not as many scruples as most would like when it comes to looking for opportunities to discharge some of that energy. Do we care? I personally don't -- if the man were competent and had a good plan for the country, I'd stick by him. But since I think he's an f-ing disaster, I'm pleased with all of this. Whatever it takes to roll this bum is fine by me.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:58 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,096,409 times
Yeah, well my dog came to me, in tears, just now. The rapidity of the these folks coming out is incredulous in, and of itself. We are more and more like Europe with each passing day, with the prominence we are giving to alledged and actual sex scandals of politicians. Oh boy.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:09 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,351,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
What should he have done? All he can do is tell the truth. He has a right to face his accusers, so far only one has come forward, and for me, his credability trumps hers. In order to believe this, I need witnesses, or evidence - where's the blue dress.
What about the two women who got settlements and have to abide by confidentiality clauses? Cain could released them from that clause so they could talk. If he's so sure he did nothing wrong, then this shouldn't be a problem for him. What he should have done when the story first broke is say something like Bush Sr did and say, "when I was younger I did foolish things" and that would have been the end of it. By the way, there was a witness to one of the claims that ended in a settlement.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 11-08-2011 at 11:19 AM..

Old 11-08-2011, 10:33 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,828,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Gloria Allred is partisan now? I mean we all know she's a high profile ambulance chasing bottom-feeder, but I'm pretty sure her only alliance is to attention. She seems to flock to the side of any damsel-in-distress capable of getting her into the limelight.

However, every once in a while her charges are telling the truth. You just never know with her.

Let's see if Herman learned anything this time. If he doesn't handle this latest round of drama any better, dude is truly hopeless.
Was she ever non-partisan? She'll represent anyone as long is it puts her in the spotlight, but she goes out of her way to sock it to a conservative. Such short memories, anyone can see what her motives are. She tried to do it to Schwarzenegger, she did it to Whitman and now she'll do it to Cain.

Gloria Allred is partisan now? A rediculous asertion that she's anything but, and she always has been. She's a strategic card the Democrats consistently use in a pinch. The same scenario towards the same end.

I also find it interesting that this woman (Bialek) works for CBS. Quite the convenient relationship don't you think? <flags raised>

There's no angle that isn't being exploited. First Cain was just a token black man for the Tea Party (because they're all racists), and now anyone that backs him up is backing a womanizer. Token black man for racists and womanizers... sounds more like Clinton. If he were a Democrat it would probably raise his approval ratings.

Last edited by steven_h; 11-08-2011 at 10:46 AM..

Old 11-08-2011, 10:35 AM

458 posts, read 780,317 times
Default Cain Settlement Accuser is Revealed

SHE IS VERY RELIABLE - WWW.THEDAILY.COM

Last edited by Winkelman; 11-08-2011 at 10:55 AM..

Old 11-08-2011, 10:39 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,608,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
What about the two women who got settlements and have to abide by confidentiality clauses? Cain could released them from that clause so they could talk. If he's so sure he did nothing wrong, then this shouldn't be a problem for him. What he should have done when the story first broke is say something like Bush Sr did and say, "when I was younger I did foolish things" and that would have been the end of it. By the way, there was a witnesses to one of the claims that ended in a settlement.
I don't know that he can just waive the settlement agreement - have the women said they want to give the money back?
You are assuming he is guilty - I see no reason to make such assumptions. He is a major threat to the democrat party, and they truly believe the ends justify the means, whatever it takes to bring him down.

Since Sharon said nothing about it 14 years ago, why would I believe her now?

Old 11-08-2011, 10:43 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,767,265 times
I like how he addressed his budget deficit by sticking the organization with an $800 tab for the wine. That's the kind of fiscal responsibility this nation needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections