Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 12:57 PM

37,951 posts, read 17,966,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Which means ....................drum role....................
Paul is going no where near the Whitehouse
And if he's not freedom and liberty won't go near the White House either. But then again you don't care about property rights of people so it wont bother you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 01:00 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,922,984 times
To the party faithful,the party matters more than the nation.

Winning is all.

Been that way for a while,BOTH parties and their followers believe it.

It is why this nation is going downhill...well one of the reasons.

Such is life.

Old 12-27-2011, 01:16 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,474,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because you say so? You don't have any credibility on this issue since you cannot back up your statements with proof. Since when has Ron Paul EVER been heard to utter a racist word?
I don't go by baseless accusations of the agenda driven I look for the truth.
Good to know you think people in Ron Pauls district are racist.
Anything else idiotic you want to post?
Couldn't rep you again for this, but well said. I'm going on what I have read and heard from Dr. Paul in the 16 years after those newsletters. Do I agree with everything he is for? No, but in the overall picture he comes a whole lot closer to my personal positions than any other candidate out there. The bottom line for me is that I wish to be a citizen of a free republic, not a subject of an empire.

Old 12-27-2011, 01:24 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,218,249 times
Quote:
Because you say so? You don't have any credibility on this issue since you cannot back up your statements with proof. Since when has Ron Paul EVER been heard to utter a racist word?
I don't go by baseless accusations of the agenda driven I look for the truth.
Good to know you think people in Ron Pauls district are racist.
Anything else idiotic you want to post?
Here you go, Paul took credit for the writings in 1996.

Quote:
Paul, a Republican obstetrician from Surfside, said Wednesday he opposes racism and that his written commentaries about blacks came in the context of ""current events and statistical reports of the time."

Selected writings by Paul were distributed Wednesday by the campaign of his Democratic opponent, Austin lawyer Charles ""Lefty" Morris.
CAMPAIGN '96/U.S. HOUSE/Newsletter excerpts offer ammunition to Paul's opponent/GOP hopeful quoted on race, crime 05/23/1996 | Archives | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Old 12-27-2011, 01:46 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,474,593 times
The last line of your linked article
"None of this is conclusive, of course, but it sure is interesting"
As pointed out earlier that article attributes all the writings in the newsletters to Dr. Paul. Simply not the case. Can you find anything in subsequent writings or speeches by Dr. Paul himself, that would confirm any charge of racism on his part?

Old 12-27-2011, 01:47 PM

37,951 posts, read 17,966,583 times
Here you go making things up. You once again have no proof just that some unreliable source said so.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:59 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,198,488 times
Quote:
Here you go making things up. You once again have no proof just that some unreliable source said so.
Man you do love to accuse people of making things up don't you?

Nita

Old 12-28-2011, 08:31 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,998,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Man you do love to accuse people of making things up don't you?

Nita
When they run out of rhetoric it is their fall back tactic, what they fail to grasp is that other people can read Pauls ideas and figure out what how they would impact the Nation themselves without watching a U-Tube video as they have to do themselves.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:34 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,198,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I know right!

That is how Bush and Obama got elected.

That is why Mitt Romney is supposedly surging...Because people do not bother doing their research.

Track record says it all. That one you cannot hide.
could you explain what you mean by track record? And what you mean by people doing their homework? Many of us have and our opinions differ from each other, but that doesn't mean any of us are wrong or completely right.

Nita

Old 12-28-2011, 08:41 AM

37,833 posts, read 41,178,545 times
C'mon it's all about getting dope legalized. The other stuff is window dressing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections