Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 08:54 AM

77,771 posts, read 105,023,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
C'mon it's all about getting dope legalized. The other stuff is window dressing.
I think the drug issue and the "bring um all home" is how he is getting a lot of his support. Those are the two things he stands for that has me the most upset.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 08:59 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,213,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Man you do love to accuse people of making things up don't you?

Nita
Guess I wasn't making stuff up, lol. Gotta love how the Paul supporters lash out at anyone pointing out their golden boy's checkered RECORD.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:05 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,971,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
C'mon it's all about getting dope legalized. The other stuff is window dressing.
Even if it was, so what?
Do you support the failed marijuana prohibition? Do you support the racist and self-destructive "War on Drugs"?
Especially in light of the fact that more people are overdosing today than ever before...on LEGAL DRUGS!

http://rt.com/news/us-prescription-drugs-abuse-715/

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 12-28-2011 at 09:06 AM.. Reason: link

Old 12-28-2011, 09:12 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,764,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Boy I sure do love it when people say they have "researched" everything knowing full well they haven't.

I suppose you missed this thread:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l-context.html

It's going to take you a LONG time to read but I highly suggest that you do before you spout off that Paul is a racist again.

No, seriously, read it. I triple dog dare you.
Well, he lives near Ron
paul, so he must know everything about him.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:18 AM

13,008 posts, read 18,960,438 times
Far from it. If and when he is eliminated from the GOP race he will run as a Libertarian. Perhaps the Democrats will defend his right to be on the ballot.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:26 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,343,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
The newsletter issue is just too much to overcome. I've been trying to come up with the words to explain why but I believe conservative Houston Chronicle columnist did a better job.

Comments You Won

(I do not know why the link comes out like that. Must be a chronicle.com glitch.)

He makes a great point when he states that Paul did not distance himself previously. Quite the contrary. Paul stands by his opinions vehemently, often times to his own peril.

All this has been quite predictible to me, but then again I live in Texas. I nearly perfectly predicted the quick demise of Perry and live near Paul's district. I suppose this gave me a bit of a leg up when it came to predicting what would happen during the nomination process.

It's Romney's nomination. All that is left is for the GOP to wake up and realize that the longer they continue to support the other candidates, the more Republicans undermine their chances of beating Obama.

Oh, and did you look at the reports for Christmas spending? Not exactly the signs of an impending econominc collapse.
One half of Ron Paul is still respectable and always will be. It's the other, nuttier side of him that will always prevent him from ever becoming a mainstream candidate. And that, my friends, is the problem with extreme ideologues who are obsessed with being 'consistent' on all sorts of issues for the sake of maintaining consistency. As Emerson once put it, "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds," and that's what I see in Paul: A man who treats libertarian and free market ideology as if it were some sort of immutable religious doctrine.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:29 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,981,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
One half of Ron Paul is still respectable and always will be. It's the other, nuttier side of him that will always prevent him from ever becoming a mainstream candidate. And that, my friends, is the problem with extreme ideologues who are obsessed with being 'consistent' on all sorts of issues for the sake of maintaining consistency. As Emerson once put it, "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds," and that's what I see in Paul: A man who treats libertarian and free market ideology as if it were some sort of immutable religious doctrine.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:33 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,908,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think the drug issue and the "bring um all home" is how he is getting a lot of his support. Those are the two things he stands for that has me the most upset.

Nita
Bringing US troops home where they belong has you upset?
How odd.

Where exactly are US troops supposed to be,occupying other nations?

Old 12-28-2011, 09:35 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,908,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
You mean following the Constitution?

I can see how the unprincipled would find principles offensive.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:36 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,764,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
The newsletter issue is just too much to overcome. I've been trying to come up with the words to explain why but I believe conservative Houston Chronicle columnist did a better job.

Comments You Won

(I do not know why the link comes out like that. Must be a chronicle.com glitch.)

He makes a great point when he states that Paul did not distance himself previously. Quite the contrary. Paul stands by his opinions vehemently, often times to his own peril.

All this has been quite predictible to me, but then again I live in Texas. I nearly perfectly predicted the quick demise of Perry and live near Paul's district. I suppose this gave me a bit of a leg up when it came to predicting what would happen during the nomination process.

It's Romney's nomination. All that is left is for the GOP to wake up and realize that the longer they continue to support the other candidates, the more Republicans undermine their chances of beating Obama.

Oh, and did you look at the reports for Christmas spending? Not exactly the signs of an impending econominc collapse.
You know, You and your ilk must fear Ron Paul, if not, you would post Romney's attributes, instead of picking on Ron. If this is all you can dig up, then you better get busy supporting Romney, cause as time goes on, you will have a lot of things to defend Romney on. Romneycare ring a bell?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections