Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 09:39 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
''and his wanting to completely turn our backs on Israel. That sort of thing bothers me about him to some extent.''

To some extent? Bothers me and millions more...to the fullest extent!
Why, don't you think Israel can stand on it's own two feet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 09:39 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think the drug issue and the "bring um all home" is how he is getting a lot of his support. Those are the two things he stands for that has me the most upset.

Nita
So you want to tell people what to put in their bodies? What makes you think you have the right to do that?

I am against drugs...for ME but who am I to tell folks what they can and cannot do to their own bodies?

People will do drugs whether they are legal or not. They will always find a way to get their hands on something. They snort Vicodin (legal drug) Condeine (legal).. ANYTHING to get high. Let them!

Once we lose our rights to judge how we should live our lives (without harming other people and committing CRIMES against others of course) what is the point of living?

What's next? The government is going to tell you what you can and cannot eat because they say so?

If we don't put an end to this out of control government, things will get much worse.

This reminds me of this video of Chris Rock I watched on YouTube. It is named "Chris Rock Supports Ron Paul" (or something along those lines) It is actually pretty funny.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:44 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Why, don't you think Israel can stand on it's own two feet?
As Americans know little about world history,I am guessing most do not realise that Israel fought and won almost all of it's wars with little to no aid from the USA.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Originally Posted by quality guy
''and his wanting to completely turn our backs on Israel. That sort of thing bothers me about him to some extent.''

To some extent? Bothers me and millions more...to the fullest extent!

I'm not sure either...but people have called me a 'blood hound'...and my sniffer tells me to consider those letters. Is it because Paul actually is an "antisemite"?
Israel is not the only country Paul does not support and wants to cut aid to. If we cut aid to Israel, I believe the will be more compelled to negotiate peace, because the U.S. won't have their back. They are tough guy's as long as they have our support.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:46 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
So you want to tell people what to put in their bodies? What makes you think you have the right to do that?

I am against drugs...for ME but who am I to tell folks what they can and cannot do to their own bodies?

People will do drugs whether they are legal or not. They will always find a way to get their hands on something. They snort Vicodin (legal drug) Condeine (legal).. ANYTHING to get high. Let them!

Once we lose our rights to judge how we should live our lives (without harming other people and committing CRIMES against others of course) what is the point of living?

What's next? The government is going to tell you what you can and cannot eat because they say so?

If we don't put an end to this out of control government, things will get much worse.

This reminds me of this video of Chris Rock I watched on YouTube. It is named "Chris Rock Supports Ron Paul" (or something along those lines) It is actually pretty funny.

It is interesting how people seem to DEMAND the right to tell others how and what they can do...simply because they think it is right.

Of course they do not like when it is something they want to do that is being infringed,THEN it is an outrage.....

The thing with freedom is it might result in things you personally do not like happening,but then you aren't forced to participate...you simply cannot tell others what to do.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:47 AM

Gotta love his supporters...

MTV's Aimee Allen, Ron Paul Anthem Music Video MUST SEE!! - YouTube

Old 12-28-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think the drug issue and the "bring um all home" is how he is getting a lot of his support. Those are the two things he stands for that has me the most upset.

Nita
why?

Old 12-28-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post

Is this it?

Chris Rock supports Ron Paul 2012?? - YouTube

Old 12-28-2011, 11:23 AM

4,483 posts, read 9,293,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Romney is the only Republican with any chance of winning the election. And he can only win if all Republicans are behind him.
Again, what difference will that make? Is the goal to have a Republican in office? Isn't that sort of a silly goal?

Old 12-28-2011, 11:27 AM

4,483 posts, read 9,293,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
. . . his wanting to completely turn our backs on Israel. That sort of thing bothers me about him to some extent.
I don't know how we are helping Israel now - giving aid to their enemies and interfering with governments, destabilizing the region. This somehow helps?

If we stopped helping Israel and also stopped helping their enemies, they would probably have a net gain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections