Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 11:35 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

Isn't that the height of hypocrisy, to borrow a phrase from Rick Perry. And where is the media on that story. Buffet thinks his taxes are too low, but he doesn't even pay the ones he owes and the IRS turns a blind eye to it. I am sure Buffet hopes Obama stays in power so he can continue to NOT PAY his taxes...lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 11:39 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Here is un disclosed list of Romney finances overseas.

Nothing screams ‘I believe in America’ like this graphic. => http://cdn.front.moveon.org/wp-conte...money_full.jpg

You do understand that these investments are in a blind trust and that the Romney's have no say over where they are invested. It is up to the trustees to diversify the portfolio and put in profitable but also safe investments. It's only smart to invest that much money in several different countries and economies and banking systems. It would be entirely stupid to have it all tied up in one country and with the state of the banks in this country, who can blame them?

Old 05-17-2012, 11:57 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,683,872 times
Quote:

Nothing screams ‘I believe in America’ like this graphic. => http://cdn.front.moveon.org/wp-conte...money_full.jpg
Nothing screams 'I hate America' more than a post from moveon.org.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:01 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,939,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
As opposed to those Fox patriots?

Old 05-18-2012, 04:40 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,607,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
You do understand that these investments are in a blind trust and that the Romney's have no say over where they are invested.

Some of them are Blind Trusts, not the majority. Blind trusts are frequently used for legal tax avoidance.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:17 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Some of them are Blind Trusts, not the majority. Blind trusts are frequently used for legal tax avoidance.
And?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Or trying to tell people where they need to put their money legally obtained.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:24 AM

46,319 posts, read 27,145,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
I suspect that even if it is true, you would not be "mad" about it at all.
Buffet's taxes paid by certain holdings are in dispute at the moment. Why make stuff up.
A NetJets Case, Warren Buffett and Taxes - NYTimes.com
Fact is, the tax rate is too low, and loopholes too many, for the idle wealthy like Romney, and Buffet says so - thus the right-wing hate.
As President, Romney would be a puppet of the 1%.
Who is making stuff up? And "you suspect" it maybe true, did you read your article? That is for 1 company "NetJet" for the ultra rich. $336,000,000 in taxes owed...

WOW, you are so out of it, that yo ucannot even see that buffet owes more taxes than Romney is even worth.

As the curent president, obama is a puppet....(GE ring a bell?)

Old 05-18-2012, 10:11 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,196,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
It's a mistake to engage Romney campaign workers. They're incapable of discussing their boss in good faith.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:14 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
It's a mistake to engage Romney campaign workers. They're incapable of discussing their boss in good faith.
If you could ever get a left winger to discuss issues like an adult, I'd be shocked.

Maybe you can point out why we should be upset over Romney having money overseas rather than just babbling attacks against people who dont see a problem with it.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:25 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,506,087 times
Quote:

nothing like posting spam...anything from Goerge soro's 'moveon' is spam

and the response....so what

if you invest in APPLE, you are investing in a MAJORITY foreign stock

you invest in the number one selling appliance company in america...that would be LG...a KOREAN company

who cares where his investments are...as liberals (fascists) keep saying...its a GLOBAL world

the fascist liberals and their globalism is killing america
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections