Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 10:28 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
nothing like posting spam...anything from Goerge soro's 'moveon' is spam
Haha, I didnt even realize that was moveon, i.e. a George Soros site.. The guy who made his money crashing economies ALL OVER THE WORLD, is now somehow saying its bad to have money all over the world..

The left wing hypocracy knows no bound..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 11:36 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,939,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
If you could ever get a left winger to discuss issues like an adult, I'd be shocked.
Maybe you can point out why we should be upset over Romney having money overseas rather than just babbling attacks against people who dont see a problem with it.
Let's try again - the issue is U.S. tax avoidance - not just where somebody's money is.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:13 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Some of them are Blind Trusts, not the majority. Blind trusts are frequently used for legal tax avoidance.

All of it is in a blind trust. A blind trust is set up to avoid a conflict of interest. Your wonderful Obamas have a blind trust. I guess they do that to avoid taxes also.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:15 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Let's try again - the issue is U.S. tax avoidance - not just where somebody's money is.

You still pay taxes on it. Where did you get the idea that you don't? It was reported on their TAX RETURNS! I guess if you put assets on your US TAX RETURN, you are not trying to avoid paying taxes...lol. You people crack me up...lol.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
You still pay taxes on it. Where did you get the idea that you don't? It was reported on their TAX RETURNS! I guess if you put assets on your US TAX RETURN, you are not trying to avoid paying taxes...lol. You people crack me up...lol.
OK let's try again - the ISSUE at hand is TAX AVOIDANCE regardless of who does it or how it's done. AGAIN you act like there is no such thing as tax avoidance when history says otherwise.
Repubs want ZERO taxes on the wealthy - those who benefit most from using our infrastructure. Repubs say that they are the "job creators" and therefore the less they are taxed, the more jobs they create (the more trickle-down to the riffraff). So the lower classes should pay for everything. The lower classes are not "pulling their weight" - it's all over right-wing media. These are Romney's beliefs. ZERO taxes is what wealthy REPUBS want for themselves, and so we need to find out if a candidate for POTUS (or any other high-ranking position) is using UN-AMERICAN but possibly legal tax shelters. Your rightist media is all about being "good Americans" but some of us know how truly phony this Fox rhetoric is.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
The money was reported on Romneys IRS returns, there is no avoidance. Just keeping money in other nations doesnt exempt you from paying taxes

Old 05-18-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
OK let's try again - the ISSUE at hand is TAX AVOIDANCE regardless of who does it or how it's done. AGAIN you act like there is no such thing as tax avoidance when history says otherwise.
Repubs want ZERO taxes on the wealthy - those who benefit most from using our infrastructure. Repubs say that they are the "job creators" and therefore the less they are taxed, the more jobs they create (the more trickle-down to the riffraff). So the lower classes should pay for everything. The lower classes are not "pulling their weight" - it's all over right-wing media. These are Romney's beliefs. ZERO taxes is what wealthy REPUBS want for themselves, and so we need to find out if a candidate for POTUS (or any other high-ranking position) is using UN-AMERICAN but possibly legal tax shelters. Your rightist media is all about being "good Americans" but some of us know how truly phony this Fox rhetoric is.
Not the pattern with you.

NO ONE pays taxes on wealth, we pay tax on income, so claiming Republicans want zero taxes on the wealthy is dishonest, but a typical left wing bait and switch.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:31 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,506,087 times
Quote:
its not tax avoidance if you are paying taxes elsewher

just like the average middleclass homeowner will "write-off" his/her property taxes against the federal income...its taxes paid else where

Old 05-18-2012, 03:31 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,938,718 times
Quote:
I think you are playing in the "kiddie pool". Maybe you need to be more concerned with where your tax dollars are going and how they are used.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
I think you are playing in the "kiddie pool". Maybe you need to be more concerned with where your tax dollars are going and how they are used.
Read my post. I am concerned how everybody's taxes are being used - not just mine. Too bad about that.
I'm not sure if you mean "quit worrying about what others pay".
I am concerned that the Romney Repub investor class wants a free ride even though they benefit from using the country's infrastructure. Jeez, maybe a few would actually have to get a job. I can understand the fear since they are the champions of outsourcing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections