Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 07:52 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,607,825 times

Advertisements

The type of account is stated, i.e. - Bank account
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 07:57 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
The type of account is stated, i.e. - Bank account
Haha, so 1% of the guys wealth is held in a bank account, and you are outraged.. oooh brother..

Old 05-21-2012, 07:58 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,607,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Haha, so 1% of the guys wealth is held in a bank account, and you are outraged.. oooh brother..
Outraged?

Interesting.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:38 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,939,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
What is in the sam hill does any of this babbling have to do with the Romney's having some of their money invested in overseas accounts??? That is the topic of this thread...maybe you are lost?
I was RESPONDING to what was expressed in another post - get it? My comments were pertinent to that post.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:18 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,958,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Here is un disclosed list of Romney finances overseas.

Nothing screams ‘I believe in America’ like this ............
Nothing screams "I believe in America" like:

Obama redistributing the wealth of this country globally per the UN's millenium goals.

Obama/Clinton surrendering the sovereignty of this country through the Law of the Sea Treaty and the Arms Trade Treaty (formerly known as the UN Small Arms Treaty).

Yawn......

I'm supposed to be more concerned with what Mitt Romney does with his own money than what Obama does with mine? Really?

Old 05-24-2012, 07:15 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Here is un disclosed list of Romney finances overseas.

Nothing screams ‘I believe in America’ like this graphic. => http://cdn.front.moveon.org/wp-conte...money_full.jpg
I really do not understand why this is bothering you so much..How many people making the kind of money Romney, and others, probably Buffet as well have money is foreign banks and foreign investments? Why do you think GE has so much invested in other countries? I think we could discuss this forever and never see eye to eye. People with money have assets all over the world, I am happy for them. Why would you not be?

Nita

Old 07-08-2012, 02:06 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,842,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I really do not understand why this is bothering you so much..How many people making the kind of money Romney, and others, probably Buffet as well have money is foreign banks and foreign investments? Why do you think GE has so much invested in other countries? I think we could discuss this forever and never see eye to eye. People with money have assets all over the world, I am happy for them. Why would you not be?

Nita
Vanity Fair reported that among other things Romney parked some of his money in a Bermuda corporation entirely owned by him which he transferred to his wife's name the day before he became Massachusetts's governor and then failed to list it on financial disclosure forms.
It finally appeared on his 2010 tax return.

Sounds legit to me.

Obama aide hints at tax evasion in challenge to Romney to release records | World news | guardian.co.uk

Old 07-08-2012, 02:21 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,574,770 times
I just love how the Romneybots are already protecting and making excuses for their messiah. How sickening.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:37 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,823,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Nita
Because he did not make his money building useful items, inventing new technology, or making America better. Neither did Warren Buffet.

Mitt Romney made his money by taking over companies and occasionally pushing them into bankruptcy. This gave his company the legal opportunity to take away jobs, benefits, and pensions from working-class people.

This is not something to be celebrated. I would celebrate the success of Henry Ford, or Bill Gates, or even that annoying Facebook guy. But not these "masters of the universe."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections