Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2012, 09:14 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,375,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Calls the Walker landslide "very close". And says "No question that this is NOT damaging to labor unions."

What an idiot. This Democratic Party cheer leader can hardly hold back his tears.

Schultz On Walker Win: He Could "Be Indicted In The Next Few Days" | RealClearPolitics
MSNBC is a credible, unbiased news source though, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 09:15 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,221,957 times
Well, from 6:06 p.m.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Early Exit Polls: Moderates has Barrett winning by 12...WOW...this could be a late night!
To 10:12 p.m., 18 pages later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Barret just conceded!

Old 06-05-2012, 09:15 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,842,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You continue to just make things up

Yeah, if you're living in 2002, most of us though arent.
True in 2011. These are facts from a study, not bull from "Americans for Prosperity." (The prosperity for the 1%)

Quote:
Wages in right-to-work states are 3.2% lower than those in non-RTW states, after controlling for a full complement of individual demographic and socioeconomic variables as well as state macroeconomic indicators. Using the average wage in non-RTW states as the base ($22.11), the average full-time, full-year worker in an RTW state makes about $1,500 less annually than a similar worker in a non-RTW state.
The rate of employer-sponsored pensions is 4.8 percentage points lower in RTW states, using the full complement of control variables in our regression model. If workers in non-RTW states were to receive pensions at this lower rate, 3.8 million fewer workers nationally would have pensions.

E P I B R I E F I N G P A P E R
E c o N o m I c P o l I c y I N s t I t u t E ● F E B R u A R y 1 7 , 2 0 1 1 ●
http://www.epi.org/page/-/old/briefi...ngPaper299.pdf

Old 06-05-2012, 09:17 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,143,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
For all the conservatives out there:

This is our time. 2012 is our year. We must keep up the enthusiasm and keep the tide rolling. Liberal policies are failing domestically and across the pond. The fight for traditional values, limited government, states rights, secure borders, and balanced budgets must continue!

Old 06-05-2012, 09:19 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,798,275 times
Proof that people are waking up to the jibberish talking points of the left and choosing the obvious better of two evils. Walker AND Kleefisch didn't barely win, it was a landslide. The Badger state will be better for it. Congratulations!

I'd suggest those opposed to the result should move south to the state that welcomes state senators running away from their duties.

3,204 posts, read 2,870,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Well, from 6:06 p.m.

To 10:12 p.m., 18 pages later...

I just got a tingle up my leg!!!!!!!!

48,502 posts, read 96,909,608 times
The interestig think I saw was CNN showing the results in different stronghold areas of both democrats and republicans in the presidental;mid term race compared to this recall. Republican held or increaed there results as per centage. Democrats loss to ponit hat in some Walker got close to even in those strongholds.It mat just be that in having this recall that democrats give Walker a mandate .strange result indeed when recalls are usaully close.They alos said thast the numbers look like presidental year election in turnout.raedig what that posterfrom Min. said its easy t see why a perosn from Wiscosi can easliy geta jo i Min. over their unemployed;really.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:21 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,834,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Wisconsin teachers did not end up in the street penniless and homeless.
The teachers actually made out better because of what Walker did because their insurance premiums went down. The schools also ended up with a surplus to boot.

Maybe the voters saw that it wasn't as bad as the other side claimed it would be.

where are you getting your info from you dont live in wisconsin

Old 06-05-2012, 09:22 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,375,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
I get it, screw the working-class of America.
Yes, us poor working-class saps who are being charged more and more property taxes, so that public employee union people can retire at age 48, and receive $100,000 per year pensions every year for the rest of their lives.

I currently pay almost $5,000 per year in property taxes, on a fairly modest home. Enough is enough.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:23 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
True in 2011. These are facts from a study, not bull from "Americans for Prosperity." (The prosperity for the 1%)

E P I B R I E F I N G P A P E R
E c o N o m I c P o l I c y I N s t I t u t E ● F E B R u A R y 1 7 , 2 0 1 1 ●
http://www.epi.org/page/-/old/briefi...ngPaper299.pdf
Ahh, see once again you only want to look at part of the picture, which is ridiculous.. Wages were higher in those states because the cost of living was higher. When you factor in the cost of living adjustments, you actually end up far behind..

http://investmentwatchblog.com/wsj-4...-every-minute/
Right-to-work states are also getting richer over time. Prof. Vedder found a 23% higher per capita income growth rate in right-to-work states than in forced-union states, which over the period 1977-2007 amounted to a $2,760 larger increase in per-person income in those states. That’s a giant differential.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections