Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2012, 10:42 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,508,482 times

Advertisements

Remember when Scott was getting those knees dirty..

Koch *****: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker - YouTube

This is a state governor acting like the Koch brothers beyacth. Embarrassing that people in Wisconsin voted for this clown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 10:43 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,662,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Better yet fired and forced to earn their keep in the private sector a.k.a. the productive class.
Then I gather you support government getting auctioned off to the highest bidders.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:44 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,700,146 times
David Burge of the Iowahawk blog said it best

"iowahawkblog: When the union thugs stormed the WI capitol, that was Pearl Harbor. Tonight is Hiroshima."
https://twitter.com/iowahawkblog/sta...88915154489347

Old 06-05-2012, 10:45 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,975,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
A lot of us are multi-millionaires. My pension fund lump sum will be well over a million when I retire at 59 1/2. That's not even including my 401K
All at the expense of the taxpayer, which gets royally screwed from public sector unions.

Are we ready for the biggest laugh of all tonight?

Obama's response;

Quote:
“While tonight’s outcome was not what we had hoped for – no one can dispute the strong message sent to Governor Walker. Hundreds of thousands of Wisconsinites from all walks of life took a stand against the politics of division and against the flood of secret and corporate money spent on behalf of Scott Walker, which amounted to a massive spending gap of more than $31 million to $4 million,” Tripp Wellde, campaign state director, said in a statement.

“It is a testament to all of those individuals who talked to their friends, neighbors, and colleagues about the stakes in this election of how close this contest was. The power of Wisconsin’s progressive, grassroots tradition was clearly on display throughout the run up to this election and we will continue to work together to ensure a brighter future for Wisconsin’s middle class,” Wellde said.
Except for when it came time to vote, you were outnumbered by the Red Tide of conservatism.....again.

Didn't all the Senators win their races as well?

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepo...157377275.html

Quote:
Madison - Voters dealt a blow to the nation's public sector unions Tuesday in the state that first granted them broad bargaining power more than a half century ago.

Though public unions will not disappear as a result, they were the clear losers in a race that confirmed Gov. Scott Walker as a national star for Republicans. They now have no prospects for recovering what they lost, with neither the money nor manpower they had when Walker rose to office.
They were warned NOT to get instigate the recall...too costly, too close to a huge presidential election...but of course they didn't listen.

Walker got more votes tonight than he did in 2010.

The Left/dems/unions and their disgusting behavior and tactics were taught a lesson tonight by the voters of WI.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:45 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,486,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
I AM A UNION WORKER, I am not the problem. Teachers, police officers, paramedics, firefighters, road workers, construction trades, etc. are NOT the enemy. If you're jealous of our benefits, FIGHT FOR YOUR OWN!, not against ours. The rich who created this crisis are putting middle class families against each other. We live here, pay taxes, work hard & try to support our families too.

That being said... Walker please let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya

The Drawing Board - Public Finances: Shining Light on a Dark Corner - YouTube!

Old 06-05-2012, 10:47 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,077,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
No all, but a good percentage of union haters are just jealous and bitter that they weren't smart enough or talented enough to get into a good union with good pay and benefits.

IBEW Member 25+ years.
Translation

I know somebody

The reality of most union workers is that they are not very educated or hard working, they just happen to know somebody in the union

Guys giving other guys reach arounds to get unsustainable and undeserved bennies

I am glad those mafia owned clowns are going down

Old 06-05-2012, 10:49 PM

102,228 posts, read 108,023,430 times
Who is Scott Walker, and why should I care?

Old 06-05-2012, 10:52 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,700,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Who is Scott Walker, and why should I care?
The governor of Wisconsin. He's faced a lot of backlash from the left over the past 1.5 years for instituting a bunch of reforms that closed the state deficit if I'm not mistaken and also really cut down on public sector unions.

George Will: Wisconsin’s Peter Pan progressivism - The Washington Post

Old 06-05-2012, 10:53 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,975,014 times
Wisconsin June 5 gubenatorial recall election results - JSOnline

Outside of Dane and Milwaukee counties, barrett got CRUSHED tonight.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:55 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,294,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then I gather you support government getting auctioned off to the highest bidders.
The funniest thing about what you just said sounds like you don't understand that the unions really got their butts stomped. Also, you don't seem to realize that the Tea Party and lots of small people like me beat their millions of dollars. Now they don't have the money to help Obama as he hoped they could when he failed to help the Dems in this one.

I guess in your thinking the little people managed, through organization, to outbid the unions. Is that right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections