Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2012, 10:57 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,870,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
All at the expense of the taxpayer, which gets royally screwed from public sector unions.

Are we ready for the biggest laugh of all tonight?

Obama's response;

Except for when it came time to vote, you were outnumbered by the Red Tide of conservatism.....again.

Didn't all the Senators win their races as well?

Unions are clear losers in Walker victory - JSOnline

They were warned NOT to get instigate the recall...too costly, too close to a huge presidential election...but of course they didn't listen.

Walker got more votes tonight than he did in 2010.

The Left/dems/unions and their disgusting behavior and tactics were taught a lesson tonight by the voters of WI.

OMG!!! Thanks for Obama's response. Hadn't heard it yet. Now that just shows how truely disconnected he is LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 10:58 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,297,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
David Burge of the Iowahawk blog said it best

"iowahawkblog: When the union thugs stormed the WI capitol, that was Pearl Harbor. Tonight is Hiroshima."
https://twitter.com/iowahawkblog/sta...88915154489347
Now that old blogger was surely right. The little people of the Tea Party and others like them sure blew the Dems and their unions to hell this time.

Of course, they don't intend to give in but will keep on going. Their candidate said they would still be going in October so I guess the unions won't have any money to share with Obama. He stayed away from them and I bet they stay away from him.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:59 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,963,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Wisconsin June 5 gubenatorial recall election results - JSOnline

Outside of Dane and Milwaukee counties, barrett got CRUSHED tonight.
Very proud to say my home county of Washington County delivered the biggest margin of victory for Scott Walker: a whopping 75% to 24%.

ON WISCONSIN!

Old 06-05-2012, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Roy, the reports of the buses are most likely correct. Did you see this very short video report of one of the Poll workers in Wisconsin being threatened physically by a thug, right IN the polling place?! Yeah, cops called and he was taken care of, but it happened.

What was he doing IN the polling place? she said he kept coming and leaving, and coming with more people, cough cough.

Breitbart TV
I can hear various left leaners whining about this video. They can't admit that crap like this has been going on and will get worse if they lose another time or two.

I think that Obama may have to take out Plan B which would be the rioting of the Occupiers to allow him to declare martial law. He could then keep the election of 2012 from taking place and remain in control.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:01 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,983,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Very proud to say my home county of Washington County delivered the biggest margin of victory for Scott Walker: a whopping 75% to 24%.

ON WISCONSIN!
The Walkers and Christies are the key to reining in government spending in general. Congratulations to your county!

Old 06-05-2012, 11:02 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,219,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
I AM A UNION WORKER, I am not the problem. Teachers, police officers, paramedics, firefighters, road workers, construction trades, etc. are NOT the enemy. If you're jealous of our benefits, FIGHT FOR YOUR OWN!, not against ours. The rich who created this crisis are putting middle class families against each other. We live here, pay taxes, work hard & try to support our families too.

That being said... Walker please let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya

I have this feeling that almost all union workers have no real concept of economics.

It is not that I'm jealous of union workers. I was one, and I have plenty of friends who are union workers now. In fact, most union workers are nice people, and genuinely wish everyone could be part of a union, so everyone can enjoy the benefits of working for a union.

The problem is, union workers simply don't understand reality.

The reality is, humans in regards to economics, are like an ant farm. There are only going to be so many workers, and there is only going to be so much that can be produced from those workers. Even if ants were getting paid money for their work, they can't necessarily become any better off if all of them at the same time suddenly started getting paid more. Sure, there would be more money, but there wouldn't be any more stuff, so prices would simply go up.

The reality is, union workers demanding higher wages and receiving them does only one thing, it allows them access to a disproportionate amount of the goods that are produced, because there is not an increase in productivity as their wages go up. The real result of unions demanding higher wages, is that they make the workers in all non-union jobs more and more poor in comparison.

The only way this isn't true, is if by raising wages or bettering working conditions, that you can somehow increase productivity. And if by raising wages or bettering working conditions increased productivity, there would be no reason to unionize to begin with, because companies would adopt those policies to be more competitive. A great example is Henry Ford and his car company, who vastly increased worker pay to retain skilled employees who could produce more at higher quality. Yet, Henry Ford was one of the staunchest of foes to the unions.

With that said, I am fine with private-sector unions, as long as they can exist on their own. But the reality is that, almost all unions in this country exist to some extent because of government intervention, special privileges, tax incentives, and bailouts. Public-sector unions are a silly concept, because there is no market for them to compete in. Whatever we decide public-sector union workers should be paid, is completely arbitrary and political, not economic. And the existence of those unions tends to artificially inflate wages in those fields, while generally becoming more and more dysfunctional as a result.

The truth is, public-sector unions are not fighting some greedy capitalist for better compensation. Public-sector unions are actually fighting us for higher wages. They are basically demanding we raise taxes to pay them better and better, without actually asking us the taxpayers and letting us vote on it. They are really the opposite of democracy, and the opposite of market economics. And they really make absolutely no sense.

As for the rich. I think people misunderstand how exactly the rich become rich, and why it even matters.

Does it really matter if I have a million dollars in assets or a trillion dollars in assets? And if I had a trillion dollars, would it be in cash sitting on my desk? Or would it be invested? Invested in what exactly? Stocks? Probably stocks in a company right? And owning a stock in a company is like owning part of the company, and the companies assets. And a company assets might be what? Factories maybe? Farms? Tractors? Places to buy food? I mean, someone has to actually own all those things right? How much do you think it would cost to build a nuclear power plant anyway? If you saved every penny you made in your entire life, would it be enough to build a power plant?

I have an obsession with real estate, and I had a dream that I would someday create safe low-cost high-efficiency rental housing for well-behaved poor people and families. I've always felt that real estate was incredibly overpriced, mostly as a result of criminals tending to be poor, so by artificially raising the price of real estate, you are creating a sort of invisible wall to keep out criminals. The problem is that, poor areas then tend to be greatly overpopulated with criminals, which hurts the poor who are good people.

I feel like, in a lot of places, there are no good options for many poor to provide a safe environment for themselves and their children, and I wanted to provide that on a large scale by buying up large tracts of low-priced land and developing it at minimal costs and at nearly zero profit margin, then passing very strict behavior guidelines for applicants and renters, and possibly a sort of neighborhood council that could work to evict problem tenants based on those guidelines.

If my plan had been successful, ultimately I would have personally owned those properties, which probably would have been deemed far more valuable in regards to asset valuation than what I paid for them. If that plan had worked, I could have someday owned billions in assets. But is that a bad thing or a good thing?

If you subtract the government, coercion, or fraud from the situation. The only way for someone to become rich, is by creating something that other people are willing to buy. But in this country, the way to get rich is to get government contracts or protections, and to abuse government loopholes and regulations to your benefit.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:03 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Remember when Scott was getting those knees dirty..

Koch *****: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker - YouTube

This is a state governor acting like the Koch brothers beyacth. Embarrassing that people in Wisconsin voted for this clown.

Don't be a sore loser!

Old 06-05-2012, 11:03 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,975,014 times
OMG, you gotta see this pansy-azzed liberal weeping on CNN;

The Most Disappointed Barrett Supporter In Wisconsin - YouTube

Oh..that $4 million number is BS.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So would it bring tears of joy to your eyes if government workers could be paid as close to the minimum wage as possible with no pensions allowed?
I don't think I would be that overjoyed but I don't think government workers will be taken down that much. Do you know that because of collective bargaining there are snow plow operators in Wisconsin that get paid even when there is no snow on the ground? So many more examples of things like that are known all over the place.

If you didn't see what was coming last winter when teachers walked away from their students to beat drums and chant in the capitol you must really be a blind supporter of unions of all kinds.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:04 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,346,879 times
Live results with 98% in: Walker 54 / Barrett 46.

Dems got CRUSHED!

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Live Election Results
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections