Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2012, 09:24 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,375,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
your not from wisconsin....iam many voters here are stupid to vote for this guy with felony connections and all votes have not been counted and there are people still in line voting
Are you talking about Governor Scott Walker, or President Barack Obama?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 09:25 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,340,832 times
Will the unions come out when Obama asks them for help? He was going to put on a pair of comfortable shoes and march with them. In the end all they got was a tweet!

Old 06-05-2012, 09:26 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,143,565 times
Watching ED now.....he's a disgrace to humanity as far as i'm concerned.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:27 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,975,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Couldn't rep you again but wanted you to know that although I rarely drink...I'm having one tonight...great post. Love it when you bring it all together!!!!
Can't rep you either..thanks. I thought it fitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Ah ha. They liberals are claiming that they were the underdogs and didn't have enough money. One hack is on there still talking about the votes are still out, we shouldn't be calling it yet. He just claimed 51 or 52% for Walker.
The unions poured millions into these races.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Progressives, progressing into oblivion.

Ed Schultz has to be the biggest loser out of this recall fiasco. He's been pushing this for a year on his show. I guess the recall results mirror his pathetic ratings.
He's now saying the plan is to never elect another dem president.......well, YEAH ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
True in 2011. These are facts from a study, not bull from "Americans for Prosperity." (The prosperity for the 1%)

E P I B R I E F I N G P A P E R
E c o N o m I c P o l I c y I N s t I t u t E ● F E B R u A R y 1 7 , 2 0 1 1 ●
http://www.epi.org/page/-/old/briefi...ngPaper299.pdf
Give it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
The interestig think I saw was CNN showing the results in different stronghold areas of both democrats and republicans in the presidental;mid term race compared to this recall. Republican held or increaed there results as per centage. Democrats loss to ponit hat in some Walker got close to even in those strongholds.It mat just be that in having this recall that democrats give Walker a mandate .strange result indeed when recalls are usaully close.They alos said thast the numbers look like presidental year election in turnout.raedig what that posterfrom Min. said its easy t see why a perosn from Wiscosi can easliy geta jo i Min. over their unemployed;really.
The CNN exit poll was colossally WRONG.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:27 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,983,283 times
Default Good Milwaukee journal article

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/unions-are-clear-losers-in-walker-victory-565l09i-157377275.html

Old 06-05-2012, 09:28 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,523,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Will the unions come out when Obama asks them for help? He was going to put on a pair of comfortable shoes and march with them. In the end all they got was a tweet!
I think this is an interesting question. obama made lots of promises to these people which he broke, throwing them under the bus as quickly as he did his grandmother and that racist, rev. wright. Will the unions throw bo under the bus like he did to them?

Old 06-05-2012, 09:28 PM

19,225 posts, read 16,726,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Yeah well ... Obama made a lot of promises that didn't come to fruition. They were lucky to get even a tweet.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:30 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,486,251 times
I had to cut it off because my stomach was hurting so bad from laughing. They actually had the unmitigated gall to say this is what it looks like as democracy is fading...

Old 06-05-2012, 09:31 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,375,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I had to cut it off because my stomach was hurting so bad from laughing. They actually had the unmitigated gall to say this is what it looks like as democracy is fading...
Isn't this the exact opposite? Democracy SUCCEEDING?

I mean, whether Walker wins or loses, this is EXACTLY the type of thing that Democracy is supposed to allow for. Yes, the Democrats lose, but Democracy wins.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:32 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,683,872 times
Default !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
From CNN:

"Republican Gov. Scott Walker will narrowly retain his seat in Wisconsin's recall election, CNN projects. "

What do you call someone who "narrowly retains his seat?"

Governor.
Or:

WINNER!!!!!

Or as Charlie what's his name would say:

WINNING!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
I think this is an interesting question. obama made lots of promises to these people which he broke, throwing them under the bus as quickly as he did his grandmother and that racist, rev. wright. Will the unions throw bo under the bus like he did to them?
Doubtful. By and large, libs just aren't smart enough to know when they've been tossed. They'll still be here bloviating and spinning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections