Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2012, 05:33 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamscott View Post
the thing is for most of us anyway it's not just one thing he's said or done and obama damn sure hasn't gotten it right, but with no real third party candidate we're stuck with worse and even more worse it's just a matter of thinking about who's less worse...very few are solid one guy this election...even Limbaugh compared him to like donald duck or some other character and said it wasn't votes for Romney it was votes against Obama...which tend not to work people didn't like Kerry or Bush but then usually only the fringes go out and vote against someone...there's probably gonna be a really really really low turnout and people probably won't be sure until the election...i'm not big fans of either but either obama has to say or do something where i think he'll be worse than romney or else romney has to do something that makes me think that he'll be better than obama in any way not same not worse but better, can't do worse than such and such doesn't get my vote
I am one of those who would have voted for Yosemite Sam over Obama. I just don't think we can stand to have a man who pulled the open mike trick with the Russian. Can't be trusted in any way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 05:33 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,160,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I already gave my assessment of the proper context, because i have listened to, and engaged in discussions exactly like the one he was making.

The 0bama supporters who will never vote for Romney have been pounding home that talking point that the top 1% are not paying their fair share. The response from the rest of us has been that about 45% of the country are not paying any effective income taxes, hence not their fair share. And yet these same people will vote for 0bama so they can keep on not paying any taxes, and some of these are serial losers, the takers, the lost souls, whose entire lives have been made by living off the taxpayer charity from the rest of us.

Maybe this entire topic is new to you, which might explain any confusion you may have.
So I am sure you have addressed the people that fall into that 45%. I am sorry to break this to you but they all aren't the Obamaphone lady.

Additionally, shocking as it might sound but there are actually Obama supporters that are middle class. I even hear tell of Obama supporters that are wealthy.

However, I am sure the general electorate knows exactly what Mitt meant to say.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:34 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamscott View Post
ok but in context of what he said he said those 47% not a percentage of those 47% so he didn't clarify about well some are serving our country, some are 90 and on SS, he didn't do that and not the day of but up to a week after and even now after the tape got released, it's not the no. it's the disdain he held for everyone in that group, you have brain damage and are paralyzed on one side too bad, you lost a leg in Iraq too bad, you're 90 get to work, that's how a lot of people took it, he should clarify; actually for most people it's still to late not election wise but this comment wise, but he could have said what he meant instead of saying he should have been more eloquent or whatever how could you have been more eloquent explain it then and there when he said that about being more eloquent or within the next couple of days and it would have been less painful, and yes i'm the brain damaged person i was talking about and i have worked when i was able and i have never been a moocher or victim but some people don't think we should exist or that we should get any benefits and i think he's one of those until he says otherwise...
i would not get hung up on the number "47," it was just being used as a point of reference, in a general way, because he did not have access to all the other figures, and rather then drag out the discussion and get into the weeds, he just used 47%.

If you want to get all hung up on this, and ignore the economic and foreign policy destruction that is all around us after four years of 0bama, then you are lost in my eyes.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:38 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
So I am sure you have addressed the people that fall into that 45%. I am sorry to break this to you but they all aren't the Obamaphone lady.

Additionally, shocking as it might sound but there are actually Obama supporters that are middle class. I even hear tell of Obama supporters that are wealthy.

However, I am sure the general electorate knows exactly what Mitt meant to say.
Of course there are not 45% of Americans that are like that 0bama phone woman. All i have to say is 45 months with over 8% unemployment, 1.3% GDP growth, $16 trillion in debt, all from a guy who promised us, assured us and bragged to us that he would have done the complete opposite, and cut the deficit in half, bring prosperity, and unemployment would be around 5.5% or he would be "a one year proposition."

You people do not owe Obama anything, you owe it to your children, and grandchildren, and in Roysoldboy's case, to your great grandchildren, to fire Obama, for a failed attempt at leading this nation, and shepherding in this awful economy and massive debt.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayiask View Post
So how does that explain them not doing that from 2001 when the Bush tax cuts were started until 2009 when Obama was elected? If they did, was it Obama's policies that made them shy away or the complete collapse of the economy in 2008? Why is all of Romney's $$$ sitting in offshore bank accounts rather than creating jobs?
Read the post by Xanathos just ahead of yours to see some of the truth staring you in the face. He posted it about 1 minute before yours registered.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:39 PM

465 posts, read 508,109 times
Quote:
i would not get hung up on the number "47," it was just being used as a point of reference, in a general way, because he did not have access to all the other figures, and rather then drag out the discussion and get into the weeds, he just used 47%.

If you want to get all hung up on this, and ignore the economic and foreign policy destruction that is all around us after four years of 0bama, then you are lost in my eyes.
it's not that i don't like obama but my choice isn't between say obama and huntsman whom i like or gov. christie these are my two choices, and i'm just saying after the tape was released he could have clarified...not during the taping afterwards...it was something almost every rep. person that worked on campaigns like Reagan and or one or both of the Bushes or all three...said he really needed to do...again just because you hate one doesn't mean you like the other...i've never not voted yet...but i'm not sure i'll vote this time around because i feel a sick feeling in my gut thinking about voting for either

Old 09-27-2012, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'd like a definition of "fair share," too. Thanks!
Don't hold your breath. I have been asking for months and nothing comes.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:40 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
Thing is he wasnt being called a parasite. Maybe he just has a low self esteem.
What was it Romney called us?

Quote:
There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what … who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe that government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it,
Thats what Romney thinks of me after 50 years of working and paying taxes .we can play semantics with the word parasite but Romney's meaning is crystal clear to me.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:41 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,393,892 times
Romney's contempt and disinterest for the 47% was obvious and very un-presidential.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:45 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,160,422 times
Quote:
Of course there are not 45% of Americans that are like that 0bama phone woman. All i have to say is 45 months with over 8% unemployment, 1.3% GDP growth, $16 trillion in debt, all from a guy who promised us, assured us and bragged to us that he would have done the complete opposite, and cut the deficit in half, bring prosperity, and unemployment would be around 5.5% or he would be "a one year proposition."
I was just arguing that the comment that Romney made was really bad, I guess you are conceding that point.

Anyway, given the state of the economy a Republican should be cleaning Obama's clock. The problem is that somehow the GOP got stuck with Romney. It is nearly October and he is still trying to solidify his base.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections