Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2012, 07:09 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
No, they weren't sitting on the video for months. The video had been on YouTube since shortly after the meeting where Romney made his 47% insulting remarks. It was just recently discovered by Jimmy Carter IV who knew what to do with it to get it the attention it deserved. You do realize, don't you, that there are lots of researchers from both sides of the aisle combing through every video ever made involving the candidates?

I think you are also being deliberately obtuse in misunderstanding what I meant about Romney having the opportunity to walk back the 47% statement. As I said, he had an emergency press conference where he could have done that and he didn't. He stood by his statement and claimed his only mistake was that he didn't word it "elegantly" enough. Surely you can't really believe that 47% of American's don't want to take responsibility for their own lives? Look around you. The would have to include roughly half of everyone you know.
Whatever it takes to take the focus off 0bama's failures.

Hmmm, Romney's 47% comment or 0bama's $47 billion he gave away to GM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 07:11 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,277,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
What a load of total BS, you on that crazy train in the first class section if thats where you think half of the country is at.Stand back a bit and see what you really just wrote down, thats the attitude thats sinking the Romney ship,rightwing extremism, =vote the way i think you should vote or you are nothing more than "a walking wastes of oxygen, who are bleeding this country dry. MOST of those are liberal democrats who want everything and do nothing for it".
Oh I stand back everyday and see this BS from liberals such as yourself. I am a black man, who grew up in slums, projects, et al. The mentality of YOU liberals is disgusting. You ARE bleeding this country dry. You want others to pay for YOUR lifestyle. You want rich people, not to be rich. You don't want to work; if Bill Gates told you he would pay your lifestyle for the rest of your life and you could sit home and do nothing, you would accept.

I would not and have not. I worked my life; sometime 2 jobs, so my children, yes three of them, didn't live off someone else's dime. I PAID my way and worked my way through it all. I AM NOT owed anything from this government/country except its national defense, taking care of the roads/infrastructure. NOTHING ELSE.

And I took a bullet in my stomach for this country and you. I still do not feel I am owed ANYTHING from it OR you.

Its YOUR life. Don't make me pay for it. Of course, you don't care. As long as someone else pays your way, you are fat, dumb, and happy.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:11 PM

Quote:
That's really bull. How do you know that Obama didn't say to the cop: "Listen, I running late. Can you help so-and-so get down the steps?" Pictures don't tell you what happened in the minutes before they were snapped so it is pointless to draw conclusions like you're doing...or I'm doing. No one knows the true from looking at the photo!!!!!!
That is just my logical assessment of the situation, based on what i see, and common courtesy that a proper host should give to an infirmed guest. We already know 0bama does not take care of his own, his aunt lived in utter poverty right under her multi-millionaire nephew's nose, and his brother lives in a wooden box.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:13 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Whatever it takes to take the focus off 0bama's failures.

Hmmm, Romney's 47% comment or 0bama's $47 billion he gave away to GM.
Michigan where I'm from (and Ohio, too) are very happy with Obama's saving the auto industry. So if you were shooting for an Obama "failure" by bringing it up, you missed the mark as a rebuttal to my post, Charlie.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Michigan where I'm from (and Ohio, too) are very happy with Obama's saving the auto industry. So if you were shooting for an Obama "failure" by bringing it up, you missed the mark as a rebuttal to my post, Charlie.
He did not save it, he bought it with the people's money, and gave half of it to the union. A proper bankruptcy procedure would have saved GM, and made it stronger too.

Don't forget how 0bama shafted Delphi and the debt holders, and closed a hell of a lot of auto dealerships. Janesville is closed here in Wisconsin, 0bama did us no favors. The Janesville plant made big trucks, and that did not sit well with king 0bama's ideology of smaller, lighter vehicles.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:21 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
He did not save it, he bought it with the people's money, and gave half of it to the union. A proper bankruptcy procedure would have saved GM, and made it stronger too.

Don't forget how 0bama shafted Delphi and the debt holders, and closed a hell of a lot of auto dealerships.
I don't want to hi-jack this thread but I can't let that one go. Your math skills are laughable. 17% is no where near 50% and the money was not "given to the union." It's in a trust fund for retirees that the union has absolutely no access to or control over.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:23 PM

465 posts, read 508,109 times
Quote:
Well, we know 0bama has failed miserably to deliver what he promised and predicted, so we do not have to imagine what the country might look like in four more years, we have his disastrous first four years to confirm his failure.

You, and others are not willing to vote for Romney because of what you imagine he might do. 0bama has proven to be a disastrous failure.

Nothing in Romney's past indicates the level of failure that we have seen with 0bama. Nothing in Romney's personal or professional, or public life suggest that he is unable to deliver on what people have asked of him. So why do people imagine the worst from Romney?
It's the same reason I didn't vote for Kerry I see no reason to change now...I have to be convinced someone will do a better job, not worse or the same to want to go out and vote for them...i voted third party and i may do that again if there's one i like enough i'm leaning possibly towards johnson

Old 09-27-2012, 07:32 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,120,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Here is an opportunity to read some thoughts from an Aussie who claims to have been an Obama supporter up to now. I don't know how he feels about The One now but it seems he disagrees with the Obama campaign a lot. He talks about a real Romney's words about bludges holding a lot of truth.

***Now I’ve always been an Obama fan (except his economic track record) and had little to go on whether I like Mitt Romney or not.

But these comments instil a much higher level of respect for Mr Romney and his bold honesty even if they were politically incorrect.

The critics (largely leftist journalists) in the US and Australia harshly target him for speaking the truth. Nevertheless, isn’t it true that people should be responsible and care for their lives?***

If you don't know what a bludge is do as I did and go to our friend, Google.

Is there some hard truth in Romney’s comments? | 21st Century News
A piece written by Jamie McIntyre, the scammer?

By his own standards, McIntyre a loser | Jamie Mcintyre Exposed

Old 09-27-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
I don't want to hi-jack this thread but I can't let that one go. Your math skills are laughable. 17% is no where near 50% and the money was not "given to the union." It's in a trust fund for retirees that the union has absolutely no access to or control over.
I meant that 0bama did not follow proper bankruptcy procedures, and allowed the union to survive not only 100% intact, but he protected the unions from Section 1113 of the Bankruptcy Code, which enables reorganizing companies, and the unions would have been high on the list to go away. Obama let them keep all their prior unsustainable contracts and programs, like VEBA. The unions should have walked away with barely anything. Take Chrysler for example, the credit holders got screwed and the union walked away with almost half the company. Delphi's pensions were tossed aside for the most part, while 0bama saved the union pensions from the axe.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:37 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,160,422 times
Quote:
no pun intended, but you state the obvious, i was only mentioning a couple areas where we can afford to clean up the waste. you know, like 0bama said his first month in office:

Yesterday, I held a fiscal summit where I pledged to cut the deficit in half by the end of my first term in office. My administration has also begun to go line by line through the federal budget in order to eliminate wasteful and ineffective programs. As you can imagine, this is a process that will take some time. But we’re starting with the biggest lines. We have already identified two trillion dollars in savings over the next decade.

Remarks of President Barack Obama -- Address to Joint Session of Congress | The White House

Oooo, say it isn't so, saving the taxpayers a whole two trillion dollars? making promises and lofty proclamations is easy when you have never done it before. so we should not believe this man, since he has no clue what he says, nor how to follow thru on what he says.
I am not an Obama defender, so this tit for tat crap doesn't mean anything to me. Contrary to what you may or may not think President Romney is going to kick the can down the road just like every other president does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections