Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 04:16 PM

16,375 posts, read 22,564,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

This chart shows that younger voters voted in very high numbers for Obama and the older voters voted for McCain.

When someone is 20 years old and still in college, they are too young to be earning the kind of money that a 55 year old will earn. That 20 year old might be in school to be an MD but they only earned $5000 that year working part-time as an intern during the summer.

A bunch of younger voters are going to be low earners because many are still in school and others are in their first jobs that start out with lower pay. It doesn't mean they are janitors and bus drivers for their profession.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

38,558 posts, read 22,429,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The actual difference is that Obama's words were never actually reported by the media and Romney's haven't been allowed to die by the same people. Oh there is a lot of difference for those reasons.
NBC news sure as hell did not lead off their broadcast night with 0bama's "bitter, clinger" comments, and have probably never addressed them to this day.

89,513 posts, read 45,185,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Here's why his comment is stupid: A LOT OF THAT 47% ARE FULL-TIME WORKERS.
And exactly what about that means they pay federal income tax?

If they pay no federal income tax, they're NOT paying their fair share.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:18 PM

38,558 posts, read 22,429,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
It actually showed most income ranges to vote for Obama.

This chart shows that younger voters voted in high numbers for Obama and the older voters voted for McCain.

When someone is 20 years old and still in college, they are too young to be earning the kind of money that a 50 year old will earn. That 20 year old might be in school to be a heart surgean and but they only earned $5000 that year working part-time as an intern during the summer.

A bunch of younger voters are going to be low earners because many are still in school and others are in the first jobs that start out with lower pay.
a lot of people are making low end wages because of this 0bama economy, a lot of college students are living with their parents after graduation too, and stuck with those student loans.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:19 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,389,258 times
Default Was Romney's 47% comment so really bad?

Was he wrong? no he was just outright, the lazy non working welfare class loves Obama and the Left. "Obama got me a cell phone"

Old 09-27-2012, 04:19 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,358,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayiask View Post
A great many people in So. Dak make under $75,000 a year and we have been a red state forever, just as most of the south is where the income is even lower than here. For you to imply that the 47% only vote democrat is idiocy.

And yes, I did read the link, but responded to the question that was asked in the thread title. Was the comment bad? According to your source, maybe not, but according to the polls, yes.
It is past time for you to read the link in the OP. Reading my thread titles and basing everything on them is not good business as many of the left leaners here can attest to. However, those who make the loudest noises about this never, and I mean never, read any of the links I post. I pretty surely know why that is, too.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:22 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,712,830 times
I read your link and it is fairly vapid. I think many people have read your link and they just don't think much of it. Can't you accept that? You do this in every thread. You think you've found some profound statement and they are just big letdowns. The guy isn't really saying much. He talks about a social contract. As I said "no argument there." What he doesn't discuss is that Romney did a disservice to many people in the 47%.

32,516 posts, read 37,295,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
NBC news sure as hell did not lead off their broadcast night with 0bama's "bitter, clinger" comments, and have probably never addressed them to this day.
Not to worry. The Romney supporters are dragging it out again. They've got nothing else and the polls are NOT looking good.

So we'll all hear about the Bitter Clingers because Romney is running the most inept campaign in presidential history and Bitter Clingers is one of the straws they're grasping at.

1,692 posts, read 1,965,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It is past time for you to read the link in the OP. Reading my thread titles and basing everything on them is not good business as many of the left leaners here can attest to. However, those who make the loudest noises about this never, and I mean never, read any of the links I post. I pretty surely know why that is, too.
You're right. It's far better just to skip your threads altogether.

1,058 posts, read 1,163,298 times
This comment is still being talked about, of course it is bad.

As for the Aussie admiring Romney, those comments were made for high earning donors, not the general public, so what does that say about Romney's bold honesty? If this tape had never come to light Romney would likely never had said anything about those 47% moochers. That doesn't sound very bold to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections