Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 08:55 AM

62,997 posts, read 29,187,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Here ya go.

The listeners to the show are affectionately referred to as "Ditto-heads." Early in the show's run, listeners began to use the variations on the expression "ditto" to speed up the beginnings of calls, which typically (as on most popular call-in shows) tend to open with the listener excitedly expressing his or her gratitude to the host and his or her appreciation of the show. Mr. Limbaugh has explained the origin as a caller who said "ditto what the previous caller said."

The Rush Limbaugh Show - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You just don't follow politics much, do you?
Normally a dittohead is one considered to be stupid or clueless. That is what I took the meaning to be.

I don't follow politics by denouncing the insults on both the left and the right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2012, 12:47 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,587,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Normally a dittohead is one considered to be stupid or clueless. That is what I took the meaning to be.

I don't follow politics by denouncing the insults on both the left and the right?
Insults, you say?

Quote:
The listeners to the show are affectionately referred to as "Ditto-heads."

Well, the right has gotten very good at revving up a lot of phony outrage in recent years.

Old 09-30-2012, 01:11 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,463,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The left wing "nutters" are guilty of the same things. Of course you'd never admit it though.
Even if that were so, then how are you any better? Actually that sort of "same thing-moral equivalency" argument is just total b.s and nothing but an excuse for angry right wing nuttery and "entitlement" (aka, "we're special").

Whatever their faults, "lib-ruls" don't show up at town meetings all across the country with firearms trying to intimidate fellow citizens, they don't murder doctors performing legal and constitutional medical procedures, they don't shoot Democratic congresswomen, and they certainly don't blow up federal buildings, taking the lives of 160 innocent human beings, just to inspire a revolt against a supposedly "tyrannical" federal government!

Old 09-30-2012, 05:27 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,384,691 times
I thought four years ago was a bad choice...the thought of Sarah Palin being a heartbeat away from the Presidency was more than I could stomach. But...this year is again, insanity. Is this the best our country can find? It is a non choice.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:32 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,371,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I thought four years ago was a bad choice...the thought of Sarah Palin being a heartbeat away from the Presidency was more than I could stomach. But...this year is again, insanity. Is this the best our country can find? It is a non choice.
Did you know Sarah Palin did not know WHY there is a north and South Korea? Given that Kim Jong Un might have nuclear weapon (or allow Iran to get them from them or store them in their country) just the thought of that lady being a heart beat away is terrifying.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:41 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,987,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Arresmillao View Post
I am usually pretty unmoved by presidential election results, however and because all the hate mongering by right wing extremists, this time I will enjoy every moment of it, I will tune to Fox network and enjoy as I see all those idiots salivating in rage while making all kinds of outrageous accusations and excuses, as the election approaches these idiots, i.e. hannity, O'reilly, limbaugh, all the fox brain-dead bimbos, etc, cling to any hope by magnifying the stupidest situations surrounding barack, they will then go on the day after the elections with their hate as usual, which will only seal the victory for Hilary in 2016, the gop is soooo dead, lol
I know. One of my favorite sites right now is the Corner, over at National Review and watch all these conservatives just fall apart, and fight among themselves, the math just doesn't support their rhetoric anymore......LOL

They'll hold their own for awhile, because they managed to gain control of more State legislatures before the full wave hit, and they gerrymandered districts to preserve power. They will maintain control of the House this year because of that. But it's just a matter of time before Dems gain those State Legislatures back undo their work. Then their slow losses will become a free fall.

Old 09-30-2012, 07:44 PM

288 posts, read 212,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You go ahead and make the talking heads on cable TV the issue, I'll let these influence my vote.
  • 1.3% GDP growth
  • 43 months in-a-row with over 8% unemployment, the longest period of unemployment that high since the Great Depression.
  • In January 2009: 30 million Americans on Food Stamps Sept 2012: 47 million Americans on Food Stamps
  • 46 million people live below the poverty level
  • $16 trillion in debt, $4 trillion of that 0bama accumulated in just 2.5 years
  • Median household incomes have fallen 8.2 percent since 2009, and continue to drop

I'm not voting against a political party, I'm voting against 0bam's failed policies which are sending our economy down the toilet.
dittohead

Old 09-30-2012, 08:30 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,231,555 times
What the GOP needs to do is after they (presumably) lose this presidential election is to step back, take a deep breath, purge themselves of the RWNJs and their extremists, collect themselves, and come back stronger than ever in 2016.

Give the American people a reason to register Republican and to prescribe to that political philosophy other than "liberals are communists, LOL!" That doesn't work nor has it ever worked.

Old 10-01-2012, 03:59 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,205,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
What the GOP needs to do is after they (presumably) lose this presidential election is to step back, take a deep breath, purge themselves of the RWNJs and their extremists, collect themselves, and come back stronger than ever in 2016.

Give the American people a reason to register Republican and to prescribe to that political philosophy other than "liberals are communists, LOL!" That doesn't work nor has it ever worked.
the gop might have had a chance in the 1980's and 1990's but they showed how radical their agenda is and the public is moving away...

Old 10-01-2012, 04:03 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,205,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Even if that were so, then how are you any better? Actually that sort of "same thing-moral equivalency" argument is just total b.s and nothing but an excuse for angry right wing nuttery and "entitlement" (aka, "we're special").

Whatever their faults, "lib-ruls" don't show up at town meetings all across the country with firearms trying to intimidate fellow citizens, they don't murder doctors performing legal and constitutional medical procedures, they don't shoot Democratic congresswomen, and they certainly don't blow up federal buildings, taking the lives of 160 innocent human beings, just to inspire a revolt against a supposedly "tyrannical" federal government!
and dems don't fly planes into IRS buildings or enter a church to kill innocent members becuz they don't like their views.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections