Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 02:03 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,950,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
It's a sad state when some people don't know, I'd bet they really do but, just want to stir the s..t like some immature teenager, the difference between a gov't contract whee you actually provide something of value for the money you get, and welfare where you receive money fromt the go't WITHOUT giving anything back in return.

Then they want to be taken seriously!
First, you decline to read the info I posted which has answers - which you choose to ignore.
Seems you don't know the difference. A contract is tit-for-tat payment for service provided - a hypothetically even trade.
Corporate welfare is money given over and above profits for various rationales.
The real purpose of welfare: "governmental provision of economic assistance to persons in need". We are giving taxpayer money to people who are not in need.
What do the wealthy give back in return for these subsidies and tax breaks? Please explain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 02:57 PM

59,381 posts, read 27,536,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Why so shrill and defensive about this?

Oh no. Do you know how long the fascist media has been around? 35 years when Limbaugh started his career - and I knew immediately what he was about. You should know too. Then Fox and others joined the parade as propaganda arms of the Repugnant Party. Yeah, I hear them...

Blindness or right-wing blinders. So the coverage of Holder wasn't as damning as you would like? Pathetic...
2 out at Justice Department after Fast and Furious internal report criticism - Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com

Notice here that the program was started under repubs and is certainly a right-wing scheme. Of course you don't like it now - because Obama continued it. How heavily did you complain in 2006?
http://www.statesmanjournal.com/arti...n-Fast-Furious
Beware of black helicopters. They might be out to get YOU!

Old 10-01-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Why so shrill and defensive about this?

Oh no. Do you know how long the fascist media has been around? 35 years when Limbaugh started his career - and I knew immediately what he was about. You should know too. Then Fox and others joined the parade as propaganda arms of the Repugnant Party. Yeah, I hear them...

Blindness or right-wing blinders. So the coverage of Holder wasn't as damning as you would like? Pathetic...
2 out at Justice Department after Fast and Furious internal report criticism - Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com

Notice here that the program was started under repubs and is certainly a right-wing scheme. Of course you don't like it now - because Obama continued it. How heavily did you complain in 2006?
http://www.statesmanjournal.com/arti...n-Fast-Furious
"So the coverage of Holder wasn't as damning as you would like? Pathetic..."

The usual twisting of words when you can't discuss what was actually posted.

It couldn't be damaging because it was NONEXISTENT?

I hate to burst your bubble but the program under BUSH ENDED before Obama ever ran for office.

Obama started his OWN program which wasn't even close to the Bush program.

Educate yourself before posting and making a fool of yourself.

As is expected from the loony left. If ANYONE doesn't agree with them through insults,

Some really need to graduate from high school before trying to act like an adult.

Old 10-01-2012, 03:08 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,512,431 times

Mitt Romney was not an effective governor - YouTube

Old 10-01-2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
"So the coverage of Holder wasn't as damning as you would like? Pathetic..."

The usual twisting of words when you can't discuss what was actually posted.

It couldn't be damaging because it was NONEXISTENT?

I hate to burst your bubble but the program under BUSH ENDED before Obama ever ran for office.

Obama started his OWN program which wasn't even close to the Bush program.

Educate yourself before posting and making a fool of yourself.

As is expected from the loony left. If ANYONE doesn't agree with them through insults,

Some really need to graduate from high school before trying to act like an adult.
You're just saying you don't believe the links I posted, and the other data that's out there - so what, it's what I would expect. You could do a search on your own, but don't strain yourself. I heard that Holder was under investigation in the corporate media, so you must be in some bubble.
BTW it is right-wingers who believe in the black helicopters.
Why not explain why handouts to the rich are not welfare and what we get in return for it? If there is a benefit, I would like to know - really.

Also, personal attacks from right-wingers mean nothing to me except as an indication of desperation, or that I'm doing something right.. I must consider the source and what its agenda is.

Last edited by detwahDJ; 10-01-2012 at 07:31 PM.. Reason: punctuation

Old 10-01-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
This is interesting in that it seems Romney wanted to be governor but didn't want to govern - just like he wants to be President. Described as "disengaged" and disinterested once in office. Aides with fake earpieces? A velvet rope across his door? This sounds like a guy who once getting into office, decided that was the end of it. A stepping stone to the presidency and nothing more. Perhaps in over his head and shutting people out - hiding in his office.
I'm not saying this is all true, and that his critics have no agenda, but it falls into a pattern which we have been seeing - just something to consider.

Last edited by detwahDJ; 10-01-2012 at 07:29 PM..

Old 10-03-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
You're just saying you don't believe the links I posted, and the other data that's out there - so what, it's what I would expect. You could do a search on your own, but don't strain yourself. I heard that Holder was under investigation in the corporate media, so you must be in some bubble.
BTW it is right-wingers who believe in the black helicopters.
Why not explain why handouts to the rich are not welfare and what we get in return for it? If there is a benefit, I would like to know - really.

Also, personal attacks from right-wingers mean nothing to me except as an indication of desperation, or that I'm doing something right.. I must consider the source and what its agenda is.
"You're just saying you don't believe the links " Absolutely correct Politico is NOT a credible source.

YOU started with the insults. ii you can't take it, don give it out.

YOU tried to twist my words and I challenged you you on it because you can't handle the truth.

"hand outs to the rich". Support your claim with facts. Anybody can throw out wild ass claims.

"handouts to the rich are not welfare and what we get in return for it" . I think you need some formal education in economics.

Old 10-03-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
"You're just saying you don't believe the links " Absolutely correct Politico is NOT a credible source.

YOU started with the insults. ii you can't take it, don give it out.

YOU tried to twist my words and I challenged you you on it because you can't handle the truth.

"hand outs to the rich". Support your claim with facts. Anybody can throw out wild ass claims.

"handouts to the rich are not welfare and what we get in return for it" . I think you need some formal education in economics.
Still no data - just dodging, denial, and innuendo.
There are plenty more sources out there that Politico - which you could easily check, and some of which I have posted. Go ahead and ignore it, I would expect as much.
The reality is, you want to hang on to your right-wing plutocratic views and no amount of evidence will change your mind. You just return to the cozy world this forum to vent your indignation.

Fact is, welfare for the rich exists, and Romney and repubnicons support it while ranting against the "useless" 47% of Americans - excepting of course the wealthy republican base included in that figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections