Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 03:10 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,951,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Maybe you can point some of these out for me.
You are off my radar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2012, 03:20 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,245,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
You are off my radar.
So you cant backup anything you say.. I'm shocked, really, I am

Old 09-30-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
LOL The press exist to be watch dogs for the public. When they fail to do so, when they knowingly look the other way or ignore things to protect someone, that is wrong on all levels.

Gee, why have an election then?

Economy- even after 3 1/2 years, the economy is not where Obama said it would be. And even though he himself said if he cant get things on a better track he doesnt deserve a second term. But no matter, its just someone else's fault so Obama shouldnt be held accountable for it

Foreign Policy - We are as hated as ever. Libya terror attack could have been prevented. Admin lied about it. But so what, right? It has to be someone else's fault. Lets just not get too touch on the Admin over this and lets just keep it as quiet as we can and from the public.

Layoff notices - Even though Obama is skirting the law by trying to block layoff notices, lets just keep quiet on that too. After all, it must be someone elses fault

So the excuse is, its just not his fault. So why should he be held accountable for anything....So the answer is to go hard after his rival and treat him as if he were the sitting President instead. Afterall, Obama has enough pressure as is, you know, going on The View and Letterman while skipping out on meeting world leaders. Why should he want to meet with world leaders after a terror attack that killed an Ambassador? He has more important things to worry about like saving his job.

Nothing is Obama's fault. Nothing. That about sums it up. So I guess everyone who is against Obama and his policies might as well just shut up and pack it in. Barack Obama is not liable for anything.
A) The press is corporate-owned - in many cases with a corporate republican agenda.
B) The economy is slowly improving. He did not bank on republican obstruction. Obama is not a dictator and does not control the economy - Congress does.
C) We are hated by our enemies, you know Al Qaeda, terrorists. You are not paying attention (or listening to Fox).
D) Seems to me this is just paranoia and sour grapes after having things your way for decades.
E) Righties keep complaining about his "policies, but never say what these "policies" are. This is, in many cases, just code for the "black guy in the White House". Otherwise, these policies could be named.

Last edited by detwahDJ; 09-30-2012 at 04:02 PM..

Old 09-30-2012, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So you cant backup anything you say.. I'm shocked, really, I am
You're pretty defensive about a little 2-sentence post.
You are just repeating yourself - perhaps you answered some of those ads I mentioned. Doesn't matter...

Last edited by detwahDJ; 09-30-2012 at 04:00 PM..

Old 09-30-2012, 03:31 PM

398 posts, read 820,327 times
Quote:
Missing the point? Romney beat the war drums - for others to serve. Calling for other people to go off and fight, then avoiding service is disgusting and immoral. Typical neo-repub.
If one wants to avoid service, then one should keep one's mouth shut where it concerns the lives of others.
A lot of men thought to go to that war. When they started the draft it changed who went and when. Romney had no way of knowing what number would be his.
Are you in the service? You are saying Mitt should keep his mouth shut....what about yours? If we all tell each other to keep our mouths shut, whose freedom of speech is it?
We allow all the media to report, even if we don't agree with what is said. Each individual also gets to say their side if they want to.

Old 09-30-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badland wonder View Post
A lot of men thought to go to that war. When they started the draft it changed who went and when. Romney had no way of knowing what number would be his.
Are you in the service? You are saying Mitt should keep his mouth shut....what about yours? If we all tell each other to keep our mouths shut, whose freedom of speech is it?
We allow all the media to report, even if we don't agree with what is said. Each individual also gets to say their side if they want to.
I'm not talking about the draft. What don't you understand about hypocrisy?

Old 09-30-2012, 03:41 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,271,825 times
Actually Romney is being treated like Kerry....it is baffling that the Cons on here don't see that.

Old 09-30-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
The Vietnam war was a draft war. So if you are talking about serving during Nam, you are talking about the draft.
Please then explain what exactly you are talking about.
to quote the president "let me be clear", I do understand hypocrisy.

Old 09-30-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
If you are talking about Romney policies today, that he would send people to war...guess he and President Obama have something in common after all.

Old 09-30-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
The Vietnam war was a draft war. So if you are talking about serving during Nam, you are talking about the draft.
Please then explain what exactly you are talking about.
to quote the president "let me be clear", I do understand hypocrisy.
People can volunteer for any war they support. Nobody had to wait for their "number" to be called.
Quote:
If you are talking about Romney policies today, that he would send people to war...guess he and President Obama have something in common after all.
No I am talking about Romney's character and past behavior. No clue??

Okay, so you don't like Obama - good for you.
You're not aware that Obama is winding down the wars handed to him? Where do you get your news?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections