Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 01:43 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,950,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
LOL
This is no surprise. I often see thread titles here that are virtually word for word what's coming out of the mouths of the right wing talking heads.
Too funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Same here. It's pretty incredible to see how closely aligned they are to the daily talking points coming from right-wingers. And whatever it's about, there's always a tone of outrage - which then usually disappears by the following day. It's all hot air.
These scripts come down from Rove and Ailes, contributors like lobbyist Grover Norquist, and has been for 30 years - from the birth of G.O.P. TV (now Fox). A power grab of corporate media and Congress with Americans happily shopping as Bush suggested.
These are the guys who get a free pass on the Sunday morning political "discussion" shows - never allowed to be challenged on their lies - rescued by the host. The "stars" of corporate media.
Liberal media? Right...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Yet the fact that Obama is also wealthy is never brought up!
I'll bring it up.
Obama made himself prosperous - from nothing. Romney was wealthy the day he was born.

Old 09-30-2012, 01:49 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,259,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
That figures.
Obviously that statement was to illustrate Romney's rather un-passionate persona. But I would ask him questions about his being a Mormon in a heart beat. You bet. Totally legitimate and nothing John Kennedy wasn't faced with as well.

I'd also ask him why he chose to be a missionary in France instead of serve in the military during Vietnam. I'd ask him if the Mormon church was more important than his country.

And I'd ask him why he protested FOR the draft than choose to become a missionary. "Mr. Romney: When you got your deferment during Vietnam your place in the draft was filled by someone else. That person was probably sent to Vietnam. You went to Paris. How do you feel about that today?"

I have a whole list. And I'd ask them were he a Protestant who chose to be a missionary in Uganda rather than serve in Vietnam. Those questions were asked of Clinton who had a deferment. I say ask them of Romney. There have been national discussions of Cheney's, ********'s and Rumsfeld's deferments. I want to know about Romney's. (I'd also ask him if he thought his Dad's position helped him get it.)

--Now that's interesting. A former Attorney General's name got censored. --

One more thought - Most of America knows about temple garments. If Romney had any sense he'd tackle the issue by being proactive. "Yes. I wear them. It's a sign of my faith. Next question." Instead people make jokes and his supporters get upset. It's always better to put that stuff on the table and deal with it. If it bites him in the butt in the next month he'll have only himself and his advisers to blame.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 09-30-2012 at 01:59 PM..

Old 09-30-2012, 01:53 PM

20,132 posts, read 16,220,030 times
Every other administration in American history has been held accountable for what happened during their tenure, whether result of something left over from the last administration or not. There was a history preceding all major events that set in motion the circumstances that led to it but the person in power when the crap hit the fan, such as the Buchanan (Civil War) or Hoover (the Depression), was the one held accountable. Why is this administration exempt?

Old 09-30-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Every other administration in American history has been held accountable for what happened during their tenure, whether result of something left over from the last administration or not. There was a history preceding all major events that set in motion the circumstances that led to it but the person in power when the crap hit the fan, such as the Buchanan (Civil War) or Hoover (the Depression), was the one held accountable. Why is this administration exempt?
A) Not true - held accountable by whom? This is your own history.
B) Obama is exempt because, in the real world, his adversaries created the problem and are now sabotaging his efforts in order to regain power.

Old 09-30-2012, 02:11 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,277,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Obviously that statement was to illustrate Romney's rather un-passionate persona. But I would ask him questions about his being a Mormon in a heart beat. You bet. Totally legitimate and nothing John Kennedy wasn't faced with as well.

I'd also ask him why he chose to be a missionary in France instead of serve in the military during Vietnam. I'd ask him if the Mormon church was more important than his country.

And I'd ask him why he protested FOR the draft than choose to become a missionary. "Mr. Romney: When you got your deferment during Vietnam your place in the draft was filled by someone else. That person was probably sent to Vietnam. You went to Paris. How do you feel about that today?"

I have a whole list. And I'd ask them were he a Protestant who chose to be a missionary in Uganda rather than serve in Vietnam. Those questions were asked of Clinton who had a deferment. I say ask them of Romney. There have been national discussions of Cheney's, ********'s and Rumsfeld's deferments. I want to know about Romney's. (I'd also ask him if he thought his Dad's position helped him get it.)

One more thought - Most of America knows about temple garments. If Romney had any sense he'd tackle the issue by being proactive. "Yes. I wear them. It's a sign of my faith. Next question." Instead people make jokes and his supporters get upset. It's always better to put that stuff on the table and deal with it. If it bites him in the butt in the next month he'll have only himself and his advisers to blame.
What an awesome post!

I wish you were moderating one of the debates.

Legitimate questions, all of them, and ones I'd love to see Willard forced to answer - especially all the questions about him protesting FOR the draft and then high-tailing it to a life of comfort in France and while he rode his bike around the countryside and wrote love letters in the sand to Ann, young men were fighting the war he supported.

How can anyone of good character possibly justify that?

Old 09-30-2012, 02:12 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,051,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
A) Not true - held accountable by whom? This is your own history.
B) Obama is exempt because, in the real world, his adversaries created the problem and are now sabotaging his efforts in order to regain power.
LOL The press exist to be watch dogs for the public. When they fail to do so, when they knowingly look the other way or ignore things to protect someone, that is wrong on all levels.

Gee, why have an election then?

Economy- even after 3 1/2 years, the economy is not where Obama said it would be. And even though he himself said if he cant get things on a better track he doesnt deserve a second term. But no matter, its just someone else's fault so Obama shouldnt be held accountable for it

Foreign Policy - We are as hated as ever. Libya terror attack could have been prevented. Admin lied about it. But so what, right? It has to be someone else's fault. Lets just not get too touch on the Admin over this and lets just keep it as quiet as we can and from the public.

Layoff notices - Even though Obama is skirting the law by trying to block layoff notices, lets just keep quiet on that too. After all, it must be someone elses fault

So the excuse is, its just not his fault. So why should he be held accountable for anything....So the answer is to go hard after his rival and treat him as if he were the sitting President instead. Afterall, Obama has enough pressure as is, you know, going on The View and Letterman while skipping out on meeting world leaders. Why should he want to meet with world leaders after a terror attack that killed an Ambassador? He has more important things to worry about like saving his job.

Nothing is Obama's fault. Nothing. That about sums it up. So I guess everyone who is against Obama and his policies might as well just shut up and pack it in. Barack Obama is not liable for anything.

Old 09-30-2012, 02:12 PM

398 posts, read 820,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

Again, what number was drawn for Mitt Romneys birthday by the government for the draft? Unless you know what his number was, your information on the draft may not be correct.
Do you also want to see Harry Reids underwear (not underware)? If not, then you have the hots for Romney.

Old 09-30-2012, 02:17 PM

38,650 posts, read 26,446,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Oh good lord. Blaming the press again? Oh well. I guess Republicans have got to blame someone since they realize Romney is doomed to lose.

The incumbent president who cannot get to a Gallup 52% job approval loses.

Bummer is back to 46%.

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

Big surprise.

He'll lose.

Old 09-30-2012, 02:25 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,051,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The incumbent president who cannot get to a Gallup 52% job approval loses.

Bummer is back to 46%.

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

Big surprise.

He'll lose.
The bigger surprise is that he's only at 46%, even with the media campaigning for him and ignoring big stories. Just imagine if the media actually told the public about him keeping key Fast/Furious figure away from investigators, or the Libya lies, or how he wants to block layoff notices. If they reported on things like that, hed be lucky to hit 40%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections