Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 07:55 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times

Advertisements

It sure seems to me that the press have been treating Romney as if he's been the one who's been in office. Pouncing on everything he says, being held to the standard of a man who is actually President. Yet at the same time, the same press do not go after the actual President.

They all but ignore the debacle that was the Libya terror attack and how the Admin handled it from day one. They give him a pass for not meeting with world leaders. Essentially, Barack has been doing nothing but campaigning. He is not being held to the standard of President like Romney is. He is not taking heat or tough questions (except from Univision) on his term in office and the many broken promises and failures.

Is there a doubt in anyones mind, that if the press treated Barack as the incumbent, and the man who has indeed been President for the past few years, that he would have zero chance to get elected?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2012, 08:07 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
I get that impression as well. Romney had nothing to do with what's happened to this country over the past 4 years yet this administration is either blaming him or blaming Bush.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:11 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
Not just that, but the press dont even bother trying to get Obama to defend his record. I really thought the love affair in 2008 was bad but this year has been worse. The media literally goes out there and says "things are better" "its too hard to fix in one term" and stick with attacking Romney as if he's been in office for three 1/2 years, and have not taken Obama to task for where we are, and what he has/hasnt done. It is absolutely crazy. When has this ever happened before?

Old 09-30-2012, 08:15 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,480,513 times
Romney is wealthy so all the havenots feel their lack of aquiring goods is his fault.

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I get that impression as well. Romney had nothing to do with what's happened to this country over the past 4 years yet this administration is either blaming him or blaming Bush.
Nope, this administration is blaming the CAUSE of our economic collapse which was "trickle down economics" and deregulation.

If GWB or Romney, who endorse going back to these same methods that sent our economy in a free fall, then they should stand by it instead of crying, "stop picking on me!"

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Not just that, but the press dont even bother trying to get Obama to defend his record. I really thought the love affair in 2008 was bad but this year has been worse. The media literally goes out there and says "things are better" "its too hard to fix in one term" and stick with attacking Romney as if he's been in office for three 1/2 years, and have not taken Obama to task for where we are, and what he has/hasnt done. It is absolutely crazy. When has this ever happened before?

Well, my memory is pretty short but I seem to remember Kerry constantly getting shat on by the media. He was no media favorite.

Now, over the past four years, I have read some skewering op-ed pieces on Obama's performance. I think if the GOP could have come up with a better candidate, the press, even some that are typically liberal leaning, would have thrown themselves behind that candidate. The press, like everyone else, wants to back a winner. I believe (yes, it's just my opinion) that Romney was such a poor choice and the ambivalence of his own party towards him just set him up to not be a good candidate. The press sees his flaws. He just cannot connect with most of the country--just a specific group.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
LOL! When flipping through the channels, I noticed this theme was Fox News "talking point" for today. Is it possible for you right wingers to think critically and come up with an original thought of your own?

Old 09-30-2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
Romney is wealthy so all the havenots feel their lack of aquiring goods is his fault.
No the "have nots" want even more tax breaks for the wealthy while they continue to struggle because the "trickle down economics" went to tax havens instead.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:20 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
LOL! When flipping through the channels, I noticed this theme was Fox News "talking point" for today. Is it possible for you right wingers to think critically and come up with an original thought of your own?
TV news now put out talking points ? When did that happen ?
What happened to just reporting the news ?
Glad I fired my cable company over a decade ago.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:24 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,716,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Nope, this administration is blaming the CAUSE of our economic collapse which was "trickle down economics" and deregulation.

If GWB or Romney, who endorse going back to these same methods that sent our economy in a free fall, then they should stand by it instead of crying, "stop picking on me!"

Liberals are still either stuck on stupid or attempting to re-write history.

Bush, McCain, and Greenspan ALL warned Congress over a DOZEN times that they'd better reign-in Fanny and Freddie or a financial meltdown would occur.

Dodds, Frank, and Watters called them racists for that and Frank said there was no problem.

Obama himself sued banks in Chicago to force them to give loans to people who could never pay them back.

The people who received the most campaign donations from Fanny and Freddie were, Frank, Dodds, Kerry, and Obama (even though he was only in Congress 1 year...he was 4th highest).

That are actual FACTS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXaio9oBZjA">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXaio9oBZjA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" class="youtube_embed">

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXaio9oBZjA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections