Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will you mostly like vote for?
Obama/Biden (D) 136 44.59%
Romney/Ryan (R) 125 40.98%
Johnson/Gray (Libertarian) 30 9.84%
Stein/Honkala (Green) 3 0.98%
Goode/Clymer (Constitution) 1 0.33%
Write in Dr. Ron Paul (R/L) 8 2.62%
Another Candidate (please state) 2 0.66%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 10:41 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,464,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Interesting. I haven't noticed very many pro-Romney signs/bumper stickers at all here in AZ and quite a number of Obama/Biden bumper stickers. I wonder if President Obama will take AZ in this election.
'Ya know, have been wondering along similar lines lately, whether the general "noisiness" of the 'wingers and tea partiers might really be masking a surprisingly high (yet quiet), support for Obama. I know around here, of an awful lot of pro-Obama folks who simply aren't "vocal" about it (no bumper stickers, no lawn signs, not even discussing it in mixed company), just to avoid any risk of angry confrontations with such a reactionary, 'my-way-or-the-highway', often gun-toting type of "opposition"!

Last edited by mateo45; 10-15-2012 at 10:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 10:54 PM

2,441 posts, read 7,013,482 times
Arizona voter - Voted early for Obama and a Democratic ticket.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:36 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,963,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
Arizona voter - Voted early for Obama and a Democratic ticket.
Just curious, are you gay, black, or a government dependent?

Old 10-15-2012, 11:38 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,509,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
So stupid.

p.s. you forgot Hispanic...at least be a thorough troll

Old 10-15-2012, 11:46 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,683,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
This poll proves that the Libertarians are going to enslave this country to another 4 years of Obama if they stand on their soapboxes and vote Johnson or Ron Paul. Listen folks, if I could register as a Libertarian in NY, I would. I voted for Dr. Paul in the primary. He lost. I am begging you to hold your noses and vote for Romney. Please.
Some folks are just plain slow learners. They don't seem to realize that a vote for someone other than 0bama or Romney gives their vote to the person they least want to see win. One would think Perot would have been a clue; if not Perot, what we have now is a direct result of the Paulbots. But they don't seem to ever learn.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:58 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,299,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickeyDuck View Post
Don't worry about why on the Obama vote, we should wonder why more on people who vote on the other candidates, like Johnson or Ron Paul... that is what makes NO sense to me....
This should be more about Romney and Obama and those who vote for the other guy's are wasting there voting rights.... Johnson or Ron Paul is not going to be our next president, so WHY are you wasting that vote... I would rather you'd stay home! Do you do it to be spiteful, like the middle child who doesn't feel like they get enough attention... are you angry because your wife or husband left you with three kids to be with a twenty yr old.... Why is there those people who ALWAYS has to be different... it's like a: "I'll Show You" kind of thing, at least that's what it seems like to me... sorry but spiteful people like this, annoy me
Unless you live in a handful of swing states, your vote is already wasted. Sorry to break the news.

You can thank the electoral college for that.

Old 10-16-2012, 01:09 AM

2,441 posts, read 7,013,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
No, no, AND no. I work from home and spend the majority of my time in North Scottsdale. I also own a home in Tucson, but tend to only make it down there about once a month.

Don't worry about why I am voting for Obama. I am not going to be responsible for this thread dissolving into some nasty back and forth like every other thread in this subforum.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:23 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,168,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Some folks are just plain slow learners. They don't seem to realize that a vote for someone other than 0bama or Romney gives their vote to the person they least want to see win. One would think Perot would have been a clue; if not Perot, what we have now is a direct result of the Paulbots. But they don't seem to ever learn.
I don't understand why the Paulbots don't realize that when Romney wins, Dr. Paul would best serve this country if Romney replaced Bernanke with Paul. Dr. Paul's crybaby whining about rules being changed at the RNC really turned me off. He had his delegates counted. He LOST. If he and his followers were so opposed to the Republican party then he should have run as a Libertarian 3rd party from the start!

The two party system is what we have right now. If ever there was a year to break out a 3rd party it was 2012, but Ron Paul stuck with Republicans.

It is beyond my comprehension how anyone could be so stupid as to vote for Obama. Those who do must really hate our country. Those who vote for Johnson or Paul at this point are just anti-establishment and closer to anarchists than participatory voters.

It's a clear choice - Restore America and give our children and grandchildren a chance at a decent future by voting Romney/Ryan, or vote for the Obamination and the destruction of freedom and liberty.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:36 AM

261 posts, read 257,161 times
coalition

Old 10-16-2012, 09:11 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,836,439 times
I will vote Obama. I plan to do so before the end of the week. But I live in GA and he won't win GA so it isn't a big deal in the scheme of things. I am more concerned with some local races in my area.

FWIW, my mom, dad, 2 of my 3 brothers, and 4 of my cousins have already early voted in Ohio and all voted Obama as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections