Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will you mostly like vote for?
Obama/Biden (D) 136 44.59%
Romney/Ryan (R) 125 40.98%
Johnson/Gray (Libertarian) 30 9.84%
Stein/Honkala (Green) 3 0.98%
Goode/Clymer (Constitution) 1 0.33%
Write in Dr. Ron Paul (R/L) 8 2.62%
Another Candidate (please state) 2 0.66%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 09:38 AM

16,042 posts, read 21,977,255 times

Advertisements

If you are less than rich, or a woman, or worried about privatized health insurance, Social Security and Medicare (for now or the future) - despite who you think "wins" tonight - there's just one choice. The lesser of two evils.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 09:56 AM

990 posts, read 939,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Interesting. I haven't noticed very many pro-Romney signs/bumper stickers at all here in AZ and quite a number of Obama/Biden bumper stickers. I wonder if President Obama will take AZ in this election.
Not too likely.

It's going to come down to the wire unless Romney sticks his foot in his mouth again.
I'd say it's only about a 53% chance that Obama wins.

I haven't gotten my ballot yet, but when I do I am voting for Johnson.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:49 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickeyDuck View Post
Don't worry about why on the Obama vote, we should wonder why more on people who vote on the other candidates, like Johnson or Ron Paul... that is what makes NO sense to me....

You don't understand core principles and both Romney and Obama are Progressive globalist, wanting to rule the world.
It does not matter which one is in office, nothing will change... to get our Constitution out of the way, so we can conform to the rest of the world, in a New World Order.

Our Constitution is that powerful and now ripped to shreds, thanks to the Progressive Politics and very powerful people in the world.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:01 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,395,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Interesting. I haven't noticed very many pro-Romney signs/bumper stickers at all here in AZ and quite a number of Obama/Biden bumper stickers. I wonder if President Obama will take AZ in this election.
It would not surprise me. Apparently, many pollsters have problems gauging Hispanic voting strength, and the ones who are good at it (and were correct in picking the 2010 NV and CO Senate) say that Obama has a shot in AZ it could even by that Carmona drags Obama over the finish line there with reverse coattails.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:51 AM

1,403 posts, read 937,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
This poll proves that the Libertarians are going to enslave this country to another 4 years of Obama if they stand on their soapboxes and vote Johnson or Ron Paul. Listen folks, if I could register as a Libertarian in NY, I would. I voted for Dr. Paul in the primary. He lost. I am begging you to hold your noses and vote for Romney. Please.
No.
Quote:
I don't understand why the Paulbots don't realize that when Romney wins, Dr. Paul would best serve this country if Romney replaced Bernanke with Paul. Dr. Paul's crybaby whining about rules being changed at the RNC really turned me off. He had his delegates counted. He LOST. If he and his followers were so opposed to the Republican party then he should have run as a Libertarian 3rd party from the start!

The two party system is what we have right now. If ever there was a year to break out a 3rd party it was 2012, but Ron Paul stuck with Republicans.

It is beyond my comprehension how anyone could be so stupid as to vote for Obama. Those who do must really hate our country. Those who vote for Johnson or Paul at this point are just anti-establishment and closer to anarchists than participatory voters.

It's a clear choice - Restore America and give our children and grandchildren a chance at a decent future by voting Romney/Ryan, or vote for the Obamination and the destruction of freedom and liberty.
Actually no. They did not count his delegates 1. They refused to seat all delegates from Louisiana and Maine. 2.The RP folks turned in the correct paperwork to place RP on the ballot to be included for the nomination and it was ignored by the RNC...aka nazis in America. So yeah....not voting for Willard I would vote for Obama before I voted for Willard...so beg all ya want no one cares..Oh and I will be voting for Johnson not sure when maybe early maybe on election day as usual...wife if she votes will be voting Johnson as well. Father just hates Obama so voting Willard.Mother said last night Either Stein or Willard...gonna try and push her towards Stein.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:58 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
As left leaning as this site is, I'm suprised to see it this close. If it's nearly even here...Romney ought to have a nice lead in the real world.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:23 PM

990 posts, read 939,551 times
Quote:
I don't understand why the Paulbots don't realize that when Romney wins, Dr. Paul would best serve this country if Romney replaced Bernanke with Paul. Dr. Paul's crybaby whining about rules being changed at the RNC really turned me off. He had his delegates counted. He LOST. If he and his followers were so opposed to the Republican party then he should have run as a Libertarian 3rd party from the start!

The two party system is what we have right now. If ever there was a year to break out a 3rd party it was 2012, but Ron Paul stuck with Republicans.

It is beyond my comprehension how anyone could be so stupid as to vote for Obama. Those who do must really hate our country. Those who vote for Johnson or Paul at this point are just anti-establishment and closer to anarchists than participatory voters.

It's a clear choice - Restore America and give our children and grandchildren a chance at a decent future by voting Romney/Ryan, or vote for the Obamination and the destruction of freedom and liberty.
You people are ridiculous. How are the candidates who want to take away a woman's right to an abortion and who want to ban all gay marriages the ones who support freedom and liberty? How does the GOP's Christian Theocratic Idealism support freedom and liberty in any way?

If they supported freedom and liberty they'd support the following: Freedom to have an abortion, freedom for gays to marry, opening trade with Cuba (because I personally could make a lot of money with my connections there), legalizing drugs, legalizing gambling, legalizing prostitution, etc.

Why is it that every Romney supporter is not actually a supporter but rather an anti-Obama voter? Is it because they hate Obama for reasons outside of policy choices? I'm willing to bet on that...

Old 10-16-2012, 01:14 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Unless you live in a handful of swing states, your vote is already wasted. Sorry to break the news.

You can thank the electoral college for that.
Aren't there other local races on the ballot?

Old 10-16-2012, 03:10 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,920,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickeyDuck View Post
Don't worry about why on the Obama vote, we should wonder why more on people who vote on the other candidates, like Johnson or Ron Paul... that is what makes NO sense to me....
This should be more about Romney and Obama and those who vote for the other guy's are wasting there voting rights.... Johnson or Ron Paul is not going to be our next president, so WHY are you wasting that vote... I would rather you'd stay home! Do you do it to be spiteful, like the middle child who doesn't feel like they get enough attention... are you angry because your wife or husband left you with three kids to be with a twenty yr old.... Why is there those people who ALWAYS has to be different... it's like a: "I'll Show You" kind of thing, at least that's what it seems like to me... sorry but spiteful people like this, annoy me
Some people actually have principles that mean something and will vote for the candidate that best fits their views regardless of party affiliation or electoral outcomes. You are more than welcome to continue to support the Red Team vs. Blue Team stupidity.

BTW, since only one person is going to win the election about 50% of everyone that votes is just going to waste their vote. If Obama is reelected, every vote for Romney will end up being just as useless as a vote for Johnson or Stein.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:46 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,166,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
If you are less than rich, or a woman, or worried about privatized health insurance, Social Security and Medicare (for now or the future) - despite who you think "wins" tonight - there's just one choice. The lesser of two evils.
Woman - check
Less than rich - check
worried about being able to afford health insurance before medicare kicks in? - check
Would like to collect my SS that I've paid into? (currently age 56) - check

The ONLY choice is ROMNEY/RYAN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections