Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will you mostly like vote for?
Obama/Biden (D) 136 44.59%
Romney/Ryan (R) 125 40.98%
Johnson/Gray (Libertarian) 30 9.84%
Stein/Honkala (Green) 3 0.98%
Goode/Clymer (Constitution) 1 0.33%
Write in Dr. Ron Paul (R/L) 8 2.62%
Another Candidate (please state) 2 0.66%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 10:14 PM

231 posts, read 701,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
If you don't know the difference between marijuana & meth, you could take a few minutes to research that on Wikipedia. Cannabis has over 120 medical uses, has likely been in use from the beginning, used by over 1 billion, & no proven deaths as a direct result. So why do you think that's anti-Christian? Many denominations like the idea of sufferers having this choice.

Romney wants tax cuts for the wealthy, and believes we should attempt to pay for that with tax increases on poor & middle class. He also wants a great many wars & killing millions would cost many, many trillions, which we don't have. Does your Holy Bible say "thou shall not kill"? Does it say "the love of money is the root of all evil"? Ask Romney why he doesn't agree & see if you get a response.

On gays, a letter to the editor said I was born heterosexual, it wasn't a choice. Do you believe that?

Gary Johnson sides with the majority on all major issues & he cares about the 100% equally. Balanced budget 1st year. I would think that would appeal to many. All his positions & benefits of them are clear.

How I'm different is I like honesty, lack of hate, rational thinking based on facts, not spending what we don't have, avoiding wars if at all possible, allowing alternative medical choices. So am I that different? My opinions are based on reading info from many dozens, maybe hundreds of sources.

Did ISideWith dot com say Romney was the best candidate for you, or maybe Virgil Goode? Best wishes.
Thank You for a civil response as well

we're still in a place that we agree to disagree...

hopefully in the near future we will all be on the same page,
but until then we'll all keep fighting in what we believe in....

Keep your passion strong it's very admirable!!!! Best wishes to you too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 12:37 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,720,997 times
Thank you ChickeyDuck for your kind response. Best wishes. Please don't read this!

Gary Johnson has said if no drastic cuts are made in US spending, the alternative would be currency collapse. Gary J says our biggest threat is debt & deficit, not terrorists.

Gary Johnson is left out of most debates & polls because the people that run this country don't want to lose their power & authority to do whatever they want.

Gary Johnson is fair, hard-working, abnormally honest, kind, smart, competitive in a friendly way, tries his hardest to do whatever he says he will. He'll take his business promise to the Oval Office: The best service for the lowest price. He got rich that way with construction co promise, & employed over 1,000.

If you don't want our govt to change, how do you feel about "our" govt being the world's biggest drug dealer? Heard that from an x-narc or two & a minister or two. The drug war causes most crime, is expensive & doesn't reduce drug addiction. 98% of drug deaths are from legal ones. And wars that cause lots of deaths are called "necessary". Certainly they are necessary to defense contractors that may sell to both sides.

I mostly want a less pro-death & disability causing govt-corp alliance, an alliance where govt could favor corps that don't favor more corpses! And I don't want expensive forced healthcare that does nothing or makes the patient worse, more often than not.

Some people are OK with thinking allowing something isn't the same as approving something. Like when IA married gays, did most cheer? I'd guess no, but they could see the profit in selling a piece of paper for $500. The license does not determine if they sleep together.

Another thing about Gary is he is a health nut & extreme athlete. He used MJ 3 years for pain when he fell 50', rather than highly addictive opiate pills. He doesn't use "recreational" drugs, alcohol, caffeine & some sugar products. He's in triathlons, swim 2.4 mi, run 26.2 mi, bicycle 112 mi. Maybe he could be a role model for those of us who've gotten out of shape? He's climbed the tallest peak on 4 continents, but his biggest challenge is now.

Last edited by GJJG2012; 10-18-2012 at 01:12 AM.. Reason: too long & too late to debate

Old 10-18-2012, 11:37 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,391,755 times
So I early voted today, and it was amazing. At my polling place, which is in a Democratic area, over 600 people have voted at that one place and the line is out the door. When I was there almost everyone had Democratic sample ballots and there were no GOPers to be found. They did not have a table or anything.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:46 AM

756 posts, read 714,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
So I early voted today, and it was amazing. At my polling place, which is in a Democratic area, over 600 people have voted at that one place and the line is out the door. When I was there almost everyone had Democratic sample ballots and there were no GOPers to be found. They did not have a table or anything.

Not surprising

The thought of some shady, failed GOP governor running the country is clearly scaring the bejesus out of millions of people across the country...

Old 10-18-2012, 11:50 AM

2,986 posts, read 4,576,477 times
Quote:
you live in NC? i still have a feeling it will go red but anything can happen

Old 10-18-2012, 11:50 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,391,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMUAlum08 View Post
you live in NC? i still have a feeling it will go red but anything can happen
Yes I live in NC, early voting is exploding here. It is awesome. Turnout is unreal and we have only been voting since 11 am today in many places. Some folks suspect early voting will likely exceed 2008 here.

Throngs swamp early-voting sites in NC :: WRAL.com

Old 10-18-2012, 11:59 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,599,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcolaFLGuy View Post
Who will most likely vote for?

Feel free to share why, especially if not Obama or Romney.
Barack Hussein Obama. Because he has been the best man for the job and will continue to be! Mitt Romney is a terrible candidate.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:03 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
All passions aside, I find our little poll here reflects the national poll average closely.

This election, in my thinking, was always going to be close. With so many things outside the politicial arena changing from one month to the next, the only thing I found curious was how long the polls didn't change very much.

One thing that has become clear from Romney's recent bump is there is little indifference this election. More folks are going to vote that many pundits believed would turn out, and I firmly believe that his bump, just like Obama's, is a reflection of how many voters will remain indecisive right up to the moment they finally punch their vote in for one or the other.

While most voters have been fixed in their minds for some time, it's now obvious that, more than ever, the undecideds are going to stay undecided right up to the last minute. And they constitute a greater bloc than everyone believed just a month ago.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:08 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,471,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
While most voters have been fixed in their minds for some time, it's now obvious that, more than ever, the undecideds are going to stay undecided right up to the last minute. And they constitute a greater bloc than everyone believed just a month ago.
Which is why Obama better bring his AA game on Monday. One more flub and he's finished. That disaster two weeks almost killed him. His support must have been very soft. A debate on foreign policy is not the best subject this close to this squeaky election.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:12 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,165,647 times
Quote:
Was little Bo Peep there, too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections