Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will you mostly like vote for?
Obama/Biden (D) 136 44.59%
Romney/Ryan (R) 125 40.98%
Johnson/Gray (Libertarian) 30 9.84%
Stein/Honkala (Green) 3 0.98%
Goode/Clymer (Constitution) 1 0.33%
Write in Dr. Ron Paul (R/L) 8 2.62%
Another Candidate (please state) 2 0.66%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 06:17 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,547,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Which is why Obama better bring his AA game on Monday. One more flub and he's finished. That disaster two weeks almost killed him. His support must have been very soft. A debate on foreign policy is not the best subject this close to this squeaky election.
Actually, it is. Mitt Romney is the one who needs to worry about a debate on foreign policy considering how clumsily he jumped the gun on the Libya incident with that smirk-a-thon press conference and his failure in his trip to the London Olympics. Mitt has shown that he does not have the finesse, tact and diplomacy required to be a world leader.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 06:27 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,168,460 times
I can't wait to hear Obama 'splain what he meant by "more flexibility" in his comment to Medvedev. Or why he hasn't bothered to visit Israel in 4 years. And how are our troops doing in Africa?

Resolve - LRA Disarmament and Northern Uganda Recovery Act of 2009

Old 10-18-2012, 07:59 PM

25,574 posts, read 56,512,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Actually, it is. Mitt Romney is the one who needs to worry about a debate on foreign policy considering how clumsily he jumped the gun on the Libya incident with that smirk-a-thon press conference and his failure in his trip to the London Olympics. Mitt has shown that he does not have the finesse, tact and diplomacy required to be a world leader.
I hope you're right.

Old 10-19-2012, 04:30 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,230,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Oh, you mean like this?

Quote:
Obama's British 'Gift Gaffe' Not Reported By U.S. Media

"The Obamas, Barack and Michelle both, pretty much diplomatically botched the recent visit of British Prime Minister Gordon Brown and his wife. Oddly enough, the U.S. Old Media seems uninterested in the story that is a hot topic in England, a story that's left many Brits a bit miffed."

"For his part, PM Brown gave two symbolic gifts and one that expressed national pride. Brown came bearing a pen holder carved from the timbers of the sister ship of that which gave the wood to create the famous "Resolute Desk," the desk that has been in America's charge since 1880. He also gave Obama the framed commission for that famous ship, the HMS Resolute. His third gift was a seven-volume biography of one of England's greatest leaders, Winston Churchill.

So, what did President Obama give the British PM? 25 movies on DVD. Yeah, that's it. Brown gives a symbolic gift like the pen holder fashioned from a famous British warship and Obama responds by sending a staffer to WalMart to pick up a few quick movies."

"Worse, no one is 100% sure that Obama was smart enough to know that DVDs made in America don't play on European DVD players. American DVDs are created in the "Region One" format while those in Europe play in "Region Two" format. A U.S. DVD just won't play on a machine made for the English market.

Not to be out done in tastelessness by her husband, Michelle got into the act, too. Mrs. Brown came bearing two outfits for the Obama girls from Topshop, one of Britain's trendiest and expensive women's wear retail outlets.

In return, Michelle apparently had a staffer run down to the White House gift shop and grab two toy Marine One helicopter models for the Brown's boys.

Class all the way, huh?"
Or, do you mean like either of these?

Quote:
"The administration now says Obama “misspoke” as he awarded a posthumous Presidential Medal of Freedom to Jan Karski, a leader of the Polish underground during World War II.

The phrase sure grated on many ears — but it seems highly unlikely that grave insult was intended.

Far more problematic, however, was the White House refusal to allow former Polish President Lech Walesa to attend the Medal of Freedom ceremony and accept the award on Karski’s behalf. Walesa was a natural first choice — the iconic dissident leader of the Solidarity movement, central to the collapse of the Soviet Union and a true friend to the United States." Source.

Old 10-19-2012, 04:34 AM

684 posts, read 825,792 times
As one who lives in Britain, I can promise you that nobody cares that Mitt Romney said we might not be ready for the Olympics when we were not, in fact, ready for the Olympics.

We also don't care that Obama provided movies.

Wouldn't it be better to concentrate on actual foreign policy issues like Syria, Iran, China, the Northwest Passage, ownership of the Arctic?

Things that actually make a difference in people's lives?

Old 10-19-2012, 12:09 PM

194 posts, read 297,627 times
I'm voting for Virgil Goode, 100% solid pro-life record among many other positive qualities.

I vote in Illinois which Obama will win so I think it is right and just to vote my concience instead of wasting a vote on the less unhealthy choice of Mutt Romney (although I do hope Romney is elected President).

Old 10-19-2012, 08:10 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,608,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
'Ya know, have been wondering along similar lines lately, whether the general "noisiness" of the 'wingers and tea partiers might really be masking a surprisingly high (yet quiet), support for Obama. I know around here, of an awful lot of pro-Obama folks who simply aren't "vocal" about it (no bumper stickers, no lawn signs, not even discussing it in mixed company), just to avoid any risk of angry confrontations with such a reactionary, 'my-way-or-the-highway', often gun-toting type of "opposition"!
Any "group" carrying firearms like that to a political rally are of concern.

If I lived in AZ and had a young child, I would have either moved out, or certainly would be recalling January 2011.

Old 10-19-2012, 08:13 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,690,557 times
I am voting for Gary Johnson. If I lived in a state where I knew it would be a close election, I would vote for Obama. But in California, I can afford to vote my conscience.

Old 10-19-2012, 08:15 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,608,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
I'm shocked Obama is leading on here, I assumed there's only a small handful of liberal posters on this site since most of the threads are made by insane Teabaggers. LOL at the 5 people dumb enough to write in Ron Paul assuming they would really do that, you're only hurting the libertarian cause by not voting for the official Libertarian candidate

You consider this site left leaning? Wow you must consider Nazi Germany centrist then lmao.
alot of them seem to not work during the daytime.

Old 10-19-2012, 08:37 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,985,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickeyDuck View Post
Don't worry about why on the Obama vote, we should wonder why more on people who vote on the other candidates, like Johnson or Ron Paul... that is what makes NO sense to me....
This should be more about Romney and Obama and those who vote for the other guy's are wasting there voting rights.... Johnson or Ron Paul is not going to be our next president, so WHY are you wasting that vote... I would rather you'd stay home! Do you do it to be spiteful, like the middle child who doesn't feel like they get enough attention... are you angry because your wife or husband left you with three kids to be with a twenty yr old.... Why is there those people who ALWAYS has to be different... it's like a: "I'll Show You" kind of thing, at least that's what it seems like to me... sorry but spiteful people like this, annoy me
Sorry, but you hold an incredibly short sighted and ignorant view. Amazing that you would rather see people not vote if they dont vote for someone you approve of, but sadly I'm not surprised by such ignorance anymore.

How about you tell me how it wouldn't be a wasted vote for me to go vote for Obama or Romney instead of Johnson. I find both Obama and Romney to be dangerous candidates and neither comes close to reflecting my views where it matters to me, so voting for one of them would not only be the true wasted vote, but also a very misleading vote since I don't support the majority of what they stand for.

I'm voting for Johnson because he most closely represents my views on many important issues, which makes is an incredibly useful vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections