Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 01:01 PM

734 posts, read 933,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieGal View Post
So, does this mean you are going to continue eating?
Yes, I will continue eating organic fruits, veggies and whole grains. Nothing will change.

I welcome you however to continue gorging your face with fast foods. Don't forget to stop off at McDonald's to pick up your big mac before heading to the polls!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2012, 01:05 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,872,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Thanks for your political viewpoint.
Doesn't make it right, but it does make it yours.
Palin did it to herself.
The media is what we make it.
And Obama got a pass? Really.
palin did not do it to herself. once the announcement was made that she was mccains pick for VP, the press went to alaska to dig up every bit of dirt on her they could find. and yes she did make some gaffs along the way, but she was hammered because of those gaffs, and yet biden gets a "well thats just joe being joe" number for all his gaffs that should have ENDED his political career.

and yes obama DID get plenty of passes. when the question if his birth certificate first came up what happened? NO ONE in the media CARED. in fact they did everything they could to make it sound like some conspiracy to keep a black man down, instead of investigating the issue like they should have.

or how about obama and his COMPLETE LACK of executive experience? no one said a thing about that. or his voting record in illinois? it was dismissed as irrelevant. including his support for allowing what is essentially a post both abortion. that being if the mother of child doesnt want the child, they could drop that child off at the hospital anytime in the first six months of life, and the hospital could choose NOT to care for the child and just let it die of starvation. that wasnt covered by the press. and these are just a few of the things that also should have ended obamas run for office early on.

Old 10-27-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
And you be sure not to vote and keep your opinions of the next president to yourself.
You're part of the solution, or part of the problem.
You make your own choices.
My stance is akin to someone stating that they'd prefer to use a credit union instead of a private bank, or not use any banking system at all. What part don't you get. Some people prefer to disassociate from the illusion, while others prefer to continue in the charade.

Old 10-27-2012, 01:08 PM

344 posts, read 396,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
Yes, I will continue eating organic fruits, veggies and whole grains. Nothing will change.

I welcome you however to continue gorging your face with fast foods. Don't forget to stop off at McDonald's to pick up your big mac before heading to the polls!
Who said anything about McDonald's? I'll have you know that my car will go almost automatically to the drive-thru at Taco Bell. I almost don't have to steer it or put my foot on the gas. But I'll tell you, a Big Boy sandwich and an order of onion rings are tough to beat. Of course those items aren't pre-made, so if you go to the Frisch's drive-thru, you've got to sit there and wait in your car. I recommend calling ahead for a carry-out order. And I also recommend using a fake name, in case you have car trouble and can't make it they won't recognize the name the next time you call (and it's so good that you know you're going to call again sometime).

If you want to kill two birds with one stone, go to your local Frisch's while driving to the post office to drop off your absentee ballot.

Old 10-27-2012, 01:10 PM

45,244 posts, read 26,482,257 times
Quote:
And you be sure not to vote and keep your opinions of the next president to yourself.
You're part of the solution, or part of the problem.
You make your own choices.
Cute bumper sticker logic, but choosing not to vote is a choice same as D or R.
And I'll spread my opinion wherever I see fit, this isn't the Soviet Union yet, in spite of the best efforts of some.

Old 10-27-2012, 01:11 PM

27,163 posts, read 15,341,945 times
Dems should get behind this.

Old 10-27-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Dems should get behind this.
You act as though Romney is going to be different from Obama. Good Luck w/ that!!

Old 10-27-2012, 02:06 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,300,913 times
Quote:
My stance is akin to someone stating that they'd prefer to use a credit union instead of a private bank, or not use any banking system at all. What part don't you get. Some people prefer to disassociate from the illusion, while others prefer to continue in the charade.
Yet you continue to whine about an election that you're not going to take part in.
You choose to be part of the problem.
You lose your right to whine if you don't participate.

What part don't you get?

Old 10-27-2012, 02:24 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,343,652 times
Quote:
Imagine if over 70% of persons simply did not go to the polls to vote for the presidential candidate. The joke would be on the candidate who was 'elected' into office, because he wouldn't be able to hide behind a supposed "mandate."
I support all of you who advocate for boycotting the presidential election. You go, girl!! Stay home on election day and let more intelligent people decide for you...

Old 10-27-2012, 02:28 PM

488 posts, read 413,134 times
Quote:
Everyday, --friends, family and work colleagues ask me which candidate will I vote for. Truthfully, I'd love to vote in this upcoming election, but I've lost confidence in ALL of our elected officials.

The below video sums up why I'm so dispassionate about the upcoming election.

Boycott the Vote! - YouTube

I wonder however, why so many Americans continue to participate in this sham, despite knowing that both candidates are merely puppets?
People must believe in Demoocracy since that is what society & civics classes have indoctrinated them with as a plausible defense against non-textbook reality. "South Park" summed it all up with an episode about a high-school mascot election a few years back & that is as succinct & pertinent an education as any to describe the honest reality of Demoocracy as fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections