Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 03:24 PM

734 posts, read 933,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Its not a waste of time. Voting is never a waste of time. If you vote third party, at least you get a chance to make a change in 2016, because we won't get one from this election.
A third party candidate with no ties to the banking elite would never be allowed into the white house to enact real change for the U.S.; but it's nice that you think this would be possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2012, 03:26 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,784,440 times
Voting for the President is pointless for me, but I do have a Senator, Representative, and legalizing Same-sex marriage up for vote, so it's still important for me to do it.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:27 PM

1,346 posts, read 3,077,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
Everyday, --friends, family and work colleagues ask me which candidate will I vote for. Truthfully, I'd love to vote in this upcoming election, but I've lost confidence in ALL of our elected officials.

The below video sums up why I'm so dispassionate about the upcoming election.

Boycott the Vote! - YouTube

I wonder however, why so many Americans continue to participate in this sham, despite knowing that both candidates are merely puppets?
Listen to what you're asking. The answer is in your question. Because 'so many Americans' are morons.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:29 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,979,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I'm going to save this post, as a favorite. Next year, when the deficit hasn't gone down, and Romney is spending more, I'm going to show you this post.

You are going to vote for someone you don't like, and don't think will do a good job, damned shame.
Well Romney can't possibly do worse than the new record holder low Obama. Nothing but a Liar in Thief.

I see no point if giving Obama another 4 years to do nothing and screw up........ it's time for someone else to lie and screw up.

Pretty soon we will be safe because no one will even want the cesspool America.........

I did consider voting for Obama this time, while i didn't the first time, because that thinking tells me to end it and just get it over with, BREAK the Nation, and start all over..........

Do you think we could do that? Tear it all down and start over with the CONS Bill of Rights? I don't think so. It appears as we have less brain power today than we had in 1780.

To me it is clear Obama is a communist and wants the USA to be the next new 3rd world...... i don
t see it that way.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Well Romney can't possibly do worse than the new record holder low Obama. Nothing but a Liar in Thief.
What a ridiculous statement. Of course he can, he already plans to. He will be another Bush.

Quote:
I see no point if giving Obama another 4 years to do nothing and screw up........ it's time for someone else to lie and screw up.
Nope, not willing to re-elect another Bush even if I don't like Obama. If both candidates are going to screw up the economy, I'm going to at least vote for the one closer to my views on other issues. And a religious conservative will never get my vote.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:40 PM

24,010 posts, read 15,106,139 times
It does not matter who is elected POTUS. The president can only do what the congress permits. If the Republicans keep the house and get a few more in the Senate, they can sit on their hands for the next 4 years. That is what they intend to do. If Romney wins, suddenly deficits will not matter. Just Like Cheney told us when his tribe was there. Deficits don't matter.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:40 PM

488 posts, read 413,103 times
Quote:
Imagine if over 70% of persons simply did not go to the polls to vote for the presidential candidate. The joke would be on the candidate who was 'elected' into office, because he wouldn't be able to hide behind a supposed "mandate."

Truthfully, I'm hoping that Romney is selected. Perhaps when the same policies are carried out under his administration, people will finally wake up to the fact that both parties are in fact, two sides of the same coin. Something however tells me that after 4 years of Romney, people will once again be eager to vote a democrat into office, and after 4 years, yep you guessed it, they will want to vote in a republican.

Same politics, but different faces. On second thought, most will never learn.

Actually, Reaganomics did not help the country, neither did the North American Free Trade Agreement.

NAFTA was attacked from all sides during the 2008 Presidential campaign. Barack Obama blamed NAFTA for growing unemployment. He said it helped businesses at the expense of workers in the U.S. It also did not provide enough protection against exploitation of workers and the environment along the border in Mexico. Obama hasn't done anything about NAFTA since becoming President.

What's the difference between these people. Surely, I'm missing something...

Why do you plan to participate in a system that is clearly fraudulent? What part don't you understand? You lost your "rights/civil liberties" when the Patriot Act was signed into law by Bush Jr, and the Patriot Act extension was signed by Obama.
Yes! Yet few seem to realize or be able to admit that this is not a text-book Demoocracy. There is no such thing outside of fiction since those in power will never heed anyone but their own and then only if it is mutually beneficial and thru un-televised internal power plays. It is evident that the system is fraudulent: if people do not comprehend the 2000 presidential election and the brutally honest way it was announced that what people believe they want is not going to be what they get no matter the drama... and the shadows still play on the wall to allow people to think that 'their' respective political party supports freedom & the other party tyranny 'cause folks need apparent moral conflicts in order to feel invested in a process that alleviates them of sight & sensibility. But partisans will hack-on about Orwell & Huxley, etc. thinking they have the answers if only they could enforce the platform crafted specifically into fooling them that they are represented.

NAFTA, trickle-down economics, smooth Clintonese-speak, Romney-Obamacare, etc. ad infinitum was horrible policy & PR- unless one benefitted financially from the resultant mess of laws & sentiment that were enacted & championed from these ringmasters.

I agree: if 70% of Americans decided not to purchase tickets to this Barnum production, honesty would result and everyone but the most daft would see the reality of this pageant-puppetry without suffering the stains participating in it would give to the player. Accepting face values & using book smarts senselessly makes for a perfect voter who cannot realize that indoctrination begins at home and is concretized thru correct educational practices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
It's a mandate of voters.
Duh.
Perhaps it's a good thing that you don't vote.

And you be sure not to vote and keep your opinions of the next president to yourself.
You're part of the solution, or part of the problem.
You make your own choices.

Thanks for your political viewpoint.
Doesn't make it right, but it does make it yours.
Palin did it to herself.
The media is what we make it.
And Obama got a pass? Really.

Yet you continue to whine about an election that you're not going to take part in.
You choose to be part of the problem.
You lose your right to whine if you don't participate.

What part don't you get?
What part of a fraud should one partake in to be above reproach? Politics as a game everyone must play makes no sense if both of these monolithic sides work for the house and not those who supposedly raise their hands to say "aye" or "nay" every few years. The house wants customers, not equals. Customers must buy these products and righteously proclaim to others that their purchasing decision was right, so...

And this strange equation of whining = pissy malcontentedness is baseless; is there nothing more conducive to the elevation of textbook definitions of Demoocracy as sovereign when you claim that revering the process as it is is all one must do to be Demoocratic & free? No questions, just a blind acceptance of some mantra, oft repeated that never does as claimed but serves to further the entrenched rights of those who buy the policy-enablers (decidedly NOT deciders!) The problem is that there are people who see thru this menagerie and know it is farcical, dangerous. Who know what it means when other people are labeled as being "a part of the problem" since the accusation comes from those who support the actual problem for no other reason than of a self-affirming habit. Or nagging fear.

Palin is a perfect example of why no one should vote. So was Barney Frank, Nancy Pelosi, any god/abortion prosyletizer & on & on. When one anti-thetical party gives us a deliberate reason to vote for the other anti-thetical party, that is collusive proof that there is no reason to keep faith in the fraud of either wing of this party! Besides, who honestly believes that this current presidential campaign is nearly split right down the middle... naturally? That right there is enough proof that the whole thing is a card game played curbside and these other strange votes on other sensitive issues nationwide seem disproportionately split exactly like this and that should be disconcerting at the very least to those who need more than the usual platitudes.

Playing on behalf of the interests of authority while believing you are bucking that authority is madness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead0043 View Post
That's why I'm not going to bother. Aside from some of the rhetoric, Romney and Obama are two sides of the same coin. Same wars, same bailouts, both would have signed the NDAA, etc.
And either would support further such actions in the future. Neither party gives a damn about anyone who doesn't give them large offshore direct deposits or duffels of cash from outta the trunk. That rhetoric is there to keep people invested in the drama, nothing else. DHS, TSA, drone surveillance, etc. seems logically okay if it does us a communal good and keeps us secure and whatever... so, sure people vote to soothe the mania about what the mind senses but the persona skitters away from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
if you dont vote then dont biatch about our politics! :smack
Or what if people do complain? Should they just shut up and do as they are told by a fabricated majority too dumb too understand what they have bought in the name of a participatory Demoocracy that is guided by a moneyed collection of well-pressed shepherds? How wonderful a definition of Demoocracy in all its supposed splendor! We must heed the wisdumb of the herd or be cast from the bladed grazing lands?!

Liberty & representation now practiced by coercion thru apparent winners in a rigged media event dragging on for months, meant to wear down any opposition and make for an acceptable outcome that keeps the rabble properly dosed & divided. Will the hand of authority be clothed in animal fur and smooth skins from the flock, too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I'm not voting, and you can bet ill blame those who participate in the charade for the ongoing disaster that America has devolved into.
Voting= consent
Cracks me up when the patriotic types say if you don't vote, don't complain. I'll say the opposite, if you vote for Romney or Obama, don't ***** when they do something disasterous, because you helped put them in office.

Cute bumper sticker logic, but choosing not to vote is a choice same as D or R.
And I'll spread my opinion wherever I see fit, this isn't the Soviet Union yet, in spite of the best efforts of some.
Yet no one properly (happily?!) indoctrinated could understand that bumper sticker politics is all they can respond to.
Those who give their consent enjoy victimhood and there are many victims littering both sides of this fantasy aisle so many get excited over, never seeing that it is not a choice of a lesser of two evils but that Janus has duped them yet again and skips cheerily on to other schemes in a long succesion of directed guidance. But Demoocracy is the way!

And they will all say jingoism is dead!

Last edited by TheEternalSanctuaryMan; 10-27-2012 at 03:57 PM..

Old 10-27-2012, 03:43 PM

86 posts, read 243,431 times
I am optimistic about this country and will vote for Mitt Romney... oops. I mean I already voted for Mitt Romney (early voting).

Clear Eyes. Strong Heart. America can't Lose.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:52 PM

362 posts, read 560,405 times
Quote:
Actually, Reaganomics did not help the country, neither did the North American Free Trade Agreement.

NAFTA was attacked from all sides during the 2008 Presidential campaign. Barack Obama blamed NAFTA for growing unemployment. He said it helped businesses at the expense of workers in the U.S. It also did not provide enough protection against exploitation of workers and the environment along the border in Mexico. Obama hasn't done anything about NAFTA since becoming President.

What's the difference between these people. Surely, I'm missing something...
Whatever your agenda might be.... mine is not to discourage any eligible voter from excercising their civil liberty to cast a ballot in this election. In order for this representative government to work, we need more, not less, participation from everyone.

The last 4 years is a testament to where inaction and apathy leads.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I support those who don't vote, because it seems most saying they won't vote are disillusioned obama supporters. Better they don't vote at all than to re-elect the communist...
And people with such a low IQ and education level that they think Obama is a communist really should not be allowed to vote.

Bill Maher Mississippi - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections